[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

ITT: Post cars that you test drove and dissapointed you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: 8449654.jpg (74KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
8449654.jpg
74KB, 900x596px
The other day I went to test drive pic related

>the v8 always screams
>the leather chairs squeak if you are tall and need them further back
>visibility isn't great, it's not even good to be precise
>the ride can and will break your back

What car dissapointed you when you test drove it?
>>
You sound like a massive vagina.
>>
File: hondajazz.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hondajazz.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
This car meets all your criteria.

Quiet, comfortable seating with ample leg room, excellent visibility, comfortable ride.
>>
>>16059645
I know you are used to loud engine noises and discomfort from your bus rides but some of us want to go on a comfy weekend drive not race everywhere.

>>16059659
But it doesn't meet any other criteria.
>>
>>16059643
the rest of your criticism is perfeclty acceptable, but my problem is
>the v8 always screams

no fucking shit? its a performance car, remove the obstructions from your vagina and go test drive it again.

the sound is one of the main reasons to even consider an f-type, v6 or v8.
>>
>>16059666
I have two cars. Don't project your insecurities so hard.
>>
>>16059680
>noise level is not a valid complain

I like a roaring V8 but not when I am cruising down the road at 50 mph.
>>
>>16059643
You sound like a nu male
>>
File: 4617814657.jpg (10KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
4617814657.jpg
10KB, 300x150px
>>16059729
good job there's a button that turns it off then
>>
>>16059739
It was off but it was either broken or it swiches back on at about 3k rms because that shit made almost no difference.
>>
>>16059739
the fact that this button even has to exist just goes to show you the type of pussies performance car owners have evolved into.

i remember when faggots didn't need hand stitched seats, woodgrain, or a silent interior in their """performance car"""

if you have air conditioning and a screaming engine, shut the fuck up.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (222KB, 3000x1980px)
maxresdefault.jpg
222KB, 3000x1980px
I test drove a Craigslist 240SX. I remember being really excited when I saw it. I knew I was going to buy it when I pulled up to the guy.

Then I experienced how disappointingly pigfat and slow it was.

It's really my fault for not having my expectations in order.
>>
>>16059643
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4 dr, such shitty plastic and crappy gutless 6 speed

Harley 883 rattled, underwhelming, just didn't make me want to ride
>>
I test drove an 09 Toyota Camry at my local carmax and I was disappointed with how boring it was. No personality at all.
>>
>>16059756
>he must have an incomfortable car with shitty interior in order for him to feel manly
>>
>>16059739
I've lost all faith in carmanity
>>
I planned to buy a Toyota Highlander hybrid (hihy) as my "mom" mobile for snowboarding/hiking/cycling/road trips but it was just so underwhelming and boring that I used the cash I brought with me to buy a 2008 Acura RDX instead. Was a glorious decision, best crossover I've ever driven.
>>
>>16059739
Actually that button turns it on.
By default the valve only opens at high rpms.
>>
File: diablo.jpg (300KB, 1023x734px) Image search: [Google]
diablo.jpg
300KB, 1023x734px
>>16059768
>he needs a plush interior with a built in vagina massager to drive a performance car how it was meant to be driven

there is no way this isn't b8

>pic definitely not built for huge pussies
>>
File: e30.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
e30.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
>>16059643

Always loved this car, finally got to drive one a couple months ago.

Kill your heroes, friends. Slower than my fucking civic si.
>>
>>16059768
I had a stripped comet gt, put some shitty junkyard leather seats in and it was comfy as fuck, all mismatched primer, posi and 8 inch slicks... God I miss that car.

Still I'm pampered now and want the full package with all the baubles-except manufactured engine noise, that's the dumbest fucking shit ever.
>>
Sounds like you wanted a touring car and test drive a performance car.

>quiet
>comfy ride
>cruising
>>
>>16059767
>camry
>personality

pick one
>>
>>16059643
I didn't know jeremy clarkson browsed /o/.
>>
>>16059643
Why would you even test drive one of those if you are a giant lanky bitch? All the things you complained about are features, except the seat... That's just you being a tall ass freak of nature.
>>
>>16059930
t. manlet
>>
>Go to BMW Dealership
>Have plans of buying a M4 or a Porsche
>Took a long ass time to even begin test driving the M4 becaues they thought I was a pleb
>It felt like ass
>>
>>16059971
M4 is worse than M2
>>
>>16059767
You're obviously not a thinking man are you
>>
>>16059758
>drives car with 70 hp truck motor
>complains it's slow
>>
>>16059643
You are a massive faggot holy shit. Get an ecoboost mustang if you want a quiet gt for muh comfy. Woman or troll
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>16059767
Its a Camry. What the fuck did you expect?
>>
File: VETTE.jpg (39KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
VETTE.jpg
39KB, 600x337px
I was incredibly disappointed when I went to go drive C5 Corvettes.

I went and looked at quite a few in various parts of the price spectrum, and one of the big problems was that all but 2 of the sellers were hesitant to let a young looking 23 year old guy drive their Vettes. Say "cash in hand" all you want, but I'm not stupid enough to carry $15k cash around Dallas TX.

Anyways, I didn't even have to drive them to be disappointed. I'd hyped these up as "the" car in its price range in my mind for so long that when I finally started looking, all the chintzy shit about it quickly ruined the car for me.

>Lift up hood, it's cheap and flimsy feeling
>All body panels feel the same way because thin fiberglass
>Interior might as well not exist, even ones with custom/nice/done up interiors felt complete crap
>Driving it felt good for like 5 seconds, until you remembered that the Texas rozzers don't take kindly to speeding corvettes
>Couldn't use any of the car's vast potential because it goes too fast too easily

Other problems include owners who "know what they got" and the fact that there's really only 2 types of Corvettes: Perfect ones, and shitty ones.

After a few of these, I gave up and bought a $5000 WRX instead, which is better in a lot of ways than spending $15k on a C5 Corvette.
>>
>>16060688
Pics of said WRX?
>>
>>16060031
>4cyl gasoline engine
>Truck motor
>>
the S550 v6 mustang
my expectations of it were it'll be a decently fast amerifat car that handles almost like an european car except with way shittier quality.

i was mostly right, but the car literally lacks any emotion. does not feel any different than driving any other car, except with a long ass and straight horizontal bonnet.
sitting in an E87 116i back in turkland felt way "tighter" than a mustang; still kinda looking forward to drive the ecoboost but im not counting on that thing's sound either. v8 i'd kill myself in it driving, so thats out the picture
>>
File: 20161025_143258.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20161025_143258.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>16060693
>>
>>16061003
>hatch
>that generation

I'm guessing you're the butch in the relationship?
>>
focus st, doesnt feel fast, you sit really high so it feels like an suv, shit seats, numb steering (granted i wasnt on any backroads but it still felt like an econobox, i probably have to take it on a good ride to test out its capabilities)

pros: you have a blast going to redline anyways, you seriously have to force yourself to not go fast all the time
>>
>>16059982
From what I've heard, the M2 is better as a sportscar than a M4. I actually wanted to test drive a M2 too but they probably didn't have it so I didn't bother to ask. Also, in their mind, I am just wasting their time if I were to test drive two M-series vehicle at the same day.

Oh well, I'm still looking for a car and driving a v6 Accord atm.
>>
>>16060719
>what is a tacoma sr5
>what is a ford ranger
>>
>>16060719
> he doesn't know the ka24de was also in Nissan trucks
Shiggy
>>
>>16059794
>Civic Si from same era made 85hp
>thinking the E30 is legendary because it's fast
>>
>>16059645
>This car is uncomfortable, stiff, loud and overall very hardcore so I will identify with it and mock people who don't like it because I want to project a hardcore image that I hope people on the internet will fall for
>>
>>16059643
No pic, but had to share. Was visiting my bro in Seattle and got to talking cars and the FR-S came up. So for shits and gigs we googled local dealers and found a few. Went in for a couple of test drives. Actually the FRS and BRZ. Had read so much about them, but had to drive one. Yeah they are slow. Slower than even I expected. Both were manuals. The thing I noticed that I should have expected was the interior noise, which was annoyingly high. Had fun for sure cuz they handled very nicely, as expected, but I doubt I would buy one.
>>
I test drove a 2002 Z06 Corvette w/ 10k miles. It was $25k, but needed new tires, window seals, gear shift rattled, super fast, but super loud inside - had to yell at the person next to you or they couldn't hear you talk. Radio was crap, trunk would open, latch broken. Very, very fast, but drove awful. Seat was very uncomfortable. Ended up buying 2011 BMW 335xi for same price 300hp
>>
File: WRX.jpg (158KB, 1199x702px) Image search: [Google]
WRX.jpg
158KB, 1199x702px
>>16061031
You got me.
>>
>test drove a ford mustang snek
>no matter how the seat was adjusted I either had to lean or reach out to grab the giant bulbous shifter
>good lord the interior is more hideous in person
>no bolster on the seats, may as well be a bench seat
>300hp na v8 could spin the tires on launch but had much less of a kick than I thought it would (was expecting it to feel lively at any rpm and accelerate in any gear)
feels like this car is meant to be auto
>>
>>16059643
in gta online this car is $1.7 mil.

DO YOU THINK THIS CAR IS WORTH 1.7 MILLION DOLLARS???????????????????????????????

THE BUGATTI COSTS $1,000,000 in the game and this car is 1.7. idgi
>>
>>16060719
>ka24de designed for trucks
>not a truck motor

what
>>
an s2k with bolt ons, it was too gutless to live up to the hype
>>
Europoor here. Friend recently got a 2007 Mustang V8. The memes were real, shit's heavy as balls and handles rather poorly in the corners.

At least get to 62 mph a whole second faster than my stock GTI.
>>
>>16059794
Basically the same power and weight as toybaru with worse suspension.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.