[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a Volvo C30?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I'm looking for a comfy highway/city commuter and i personally like the look of the volvo. there's one nearby with 75,000 miles for $10,000USD. Its the 6speed base model though, but their wasn't much upgraded on the 2008 year so i'm okay with it. its in perfect condition with a fat stack of dealer maintenance which is why i want to look at it, i've read its ride quality is a bit stiff which i don't mind and the turning radius is horrible, which isn't something that effects me. anyone have first-hand experience with this car? i think i remember someone here owning one? halp plz. if i can get it for $8000 i think its a good car, but $10,000 seems steep
>>
File: 1476537046362.png (173KB, 500x911px) Image search: [Google]
1476537046362.png
173KB, 500x911px
Plz halp, anyone own one?
>>
File: DSC_0331.jpg (2MB, 2117x3764px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0331.jpg
2MB, 2117x3764px
>>16056277
I own one, OP
What model are you looking at?
the 2.0 ford duratec 4 banger engine one?
The 2.4 Volvo 5cyl engine
Or the 2.5T Volvo 5cyl engine one? (The one I own and can give more information about)

>Ride quality is a bit stiff
Stiff? far from it, from the P1 platform based hatches that Volvo, Ford and mazda made cars out of it, this is the least sporty and more comfortable of all of them, its not soft like a boomer mobile, but expect it to be more focused on being comfy than being anything else, same goes for the seats, they are really comfy, and the back seats are way more comfy than anything I have ever got into so far

>Horrible turning radius
it aint THAT bad, I owned a Smart fortwo before this, and that tiny car has the tightest turning radius of all cars I have driven, and yet the C30's one didnt bother me that much, it does make the car feel larger than it is when parking, but thats about it

Cant comment on price, my country has huge inflated car prices for some stupid reason, what I paid for mine is considered decent where I live, but to Americans, its probably a lot more than ny one would pay for a C30
Any other questions?
>>
>>16057015
I'm looking at the 5 cylinder turbo 6speed. How is the ride quality on the highway? I do a mix of driving but mostly highway. I've heard about the breather hose on the engine being an issue, is that an issue? I've also heard about some kind of slave cylinder in the tranny failing causing to completly fix the transmission, any truth to that? Is their any obvious signs of neglect or abuse i should look for?
>>
>>16057150
The slave cylinder is essentially a hydraulic TOB. The issue was IF they leak it ruins the clutch and potentially flywheel. Doest fuck the tranny but guarantees at least a clutch replace.

The breather hose has been a thing on the 5cyl since the 850 days. You just need to inspect it periodically for clogging and clean out the flame trap and collection box. Unfortunately the box is attached to the block under the intake.
>>
>>16057150
The main problem with these engines as far as I know is PCV failure causing a vacum trap in the engine
If you start the engine and it sounds like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmHM-jVsmOs
and it goes away once you pull the dipstick, it has a PCV failure, now this is a covered recall in the USA, dont know about other countries

For ride quality, miine is farelly good, I own a 5speed auto (only 71 manuals were imported to my country, so they are quite rare), the car has loads of torque and usually stays at 1800-2500 RPM when on highway, boost is around 3000 RPM btw

A good Tip is to inspect the belly of the car, the engine is not protected at all and it hangs low, so look for scape or repair weld on the oilpan as it might give you some insight on how the car was handled

Again, mine is an auto, so far no problems with the transmission, though I often wish it was a 6MT instead
>>
>>16057015
That is a very comfy garage
>>
>>16057234
hmm. very interesting. how has it been as a daily driver? has it ever left you for stranded?
>>
>>16057015

How's the view out of these things?

Would it be okay as first car?
>>
>>16057312
So what if the car i look at doesn't have the sound. should i assume the car will be safe from this issue? is this an inevitable issue?

also, how tough is the job to replace the "pcv" valve/system? i live in california so i cant delete that.
>>
>>16057394
Kinda mixed
Frontal is good, though I still think the A pillars are a bit too thick (a non issue on city driving though)
Sides are also pretty great, the huge doors have huge windows that give you a nice view

what is kinda bad are the 7-8 o'clock and 4-5 o'clock positions, 6 is great, since the hatch door is a single piece glass pannel, but what is round it are the shoulders of the car, and it has some high shoulders that makes parallel parking kinda troublesome, thankfully it has parking sensors, and they will help you out until you get used with the huge ass the car feels it has when parking

>>16057422
Assuming it was a recall, I cant really assure all car are free from this, if mine happen to have Ill also have to fix on my on, though the same video I linked show its not that hard (however that is a NA motor and turbo ones are a bit different)

A friendly tip for some one who had problems with the fuel injectors, do not feed it shitty gas, it hates it, no blends, no "cleaning" gas, no fancy shit, just give it good and pure gasoline, otherwise your injects will clog and cleaning them is a pain
I also had to replace the AC btw, but that is because I broke it when I drove it into a huge pothole and bent its main shaft, again check under the car, the engine hangs REALLY low and unprotected
>>
>>16057453
i just watched that pcv/oil catch replacement, it seems relatively easy for me. have you had the issue? apparantly its common not only on the c30, but across all of volvos lineup
>>
>>16057488
Nope, never had it
My car is a 2008 car and has over 131k KM on the clock, only problems I had with it were caused by my own stupidity
>>
>>16057514
That's very good to hear, encouraging. Thanks for your help
>>
>>16057453
Thank you!
>>
>>16057541
Enjoy the confy volvo, anon
Do get the Dynaudio sound system if you can, shit is fucking great
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.