[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car security

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: club.jpg (12KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
club.jpg
12KB, 500x333px
Cars from the 80s and 90s can easily be stolen, and certain models from those eras (like the Honda CRX) are thief magnets today.
Installing proper security systems in those cars are mostly too impractical or expensive

How effective are these car clubs exactly? Many sources online say that they can be easily defeated and will not deter a determined car thief. They will only discourage an opportunistic thief
But how common are these determined/expert car thieves?
Will using multiple (and different) locking clubs make it more or less impossible to steal a 80s or 90s shitbox?

What's your experience with them?
>>
>>16055399
Not as good as an aftermarket alarm system, better than nothing
>>
If you're an expert car thief you're not going to steal a Honda CRX.
>>
>>16055399
OBD port disables and a heavy duty Disklok is a good start.
>>
>>16055399
The club does nothing. A steering wheel is soft, and is easily cut through.

Best method is either a hidden start button, or fuel pump switch.
>>
>>16055399
The single hook ones are useless. Always buy the twin hook ones. When I had an acura integra I used a clutch pedal lock and twin hook steering wheel lock on it to keep it from being stolen.

My car was broken into numerous times and ransacked but it didn't get stolen until:

>be late at night
>coming home from work after working both my jobs. (2 jobs here)
>live 40 miles from work, get home about midnight
>exhausted and just want to sleep I lock my car without putting both my lock bars on
>next morning car is gone.

I felt like a dumbass. These things do deter thieves but won't stop them from breaking into the vehicle and stealing shit inside.

Someone was watching my car until one night they caught me slippin. Fucking apartment complex man.
>>
I got it fixed now but my shitbox in highschool was a standard and the doors didnt lock, nor did the steering wheel. my friends would always roll it to a different place for me to find
>>
File: 1238370771837.jpg (28KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1238370771837.jpg
28KB, 500x333px
The best defense against car thieves is driving a piece of shit nobody in their right mind would ever steal. If someone came up to my car with the intention of breaking into it, they'd probably end up leaving some money in my ashtray out of pity.
>>
>>16055499
Thats why you buy a proper Disklok that covers the wheel.
>>
Mine works just dandy for whooping ass without looking like a weapon in the car. Dunno how well it secures the wheel, never used it for that.
>>
>>16055555
>>
I have an aftermarket security system and one of the clubs in ops pic for my supra.

I didnt live in the greatest area but it was never stolen, and the security system would actually set off if someone stood too close for too long.
>>
>>16055526
You'd think that but my grandmother had the most beaten up piece of shit skoda from the 90's and that was stolen. It was left unlocked and most thefts or opportunistic, so that one time you don't lock your car could be your last.
>>
Fuck I am glad I don't live in Niggerland. I park my DC5 type r right on the street with one steering wheel lock and a set of 7 sided lug nuts for the wheels and have never had an issue
>>
>>16055399
I was tought to use those clubs, put them one the back of the steering wheel (so that the lock is too awkward to bust) and to have the extension of the club sit into the recess between the A pillar and windscreen so that the wheel can only be turned in one direction.

Basically if anyone tried to steal my car they'd get frustrated, give up and fire bomb it. I'd rather get all my insurance dosh than my car back after it's been joy-ridden.
>>
>>16055501
sucks, where at?
>>
>>16055773
Manteca California. The Honda scene is huge out there
>>
if in US then buy a manual because most burger are braindead inbred junkies
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.