[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used IS F?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: lexus-is-f-13.jpg (46KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
lexus-is-f-13.jpg
46KB, 770x433px
Been looking at "performance" sedans for a bit since I'm in the market for a new car. Looking for something upscale so charger and SS are out.

Really like the IS-F. Heard the 2011 models are the way to go since they reworked the suspension.

>rwd
>400+ hp V8
>nipponese reliability
>solid transmission
>god tier interior

Thoughts? Budget is $35k
>>
>>16050922
>Heard the 2011 models are the way to go since they reworked the suspension.

Correct. They not only revised the suspension, but they also added a Torsen LSD and tweaked the steering. The upgrades made the car every bit as quick as the M3 at the time.
>>
>>16050922
>IS-F
>not even the new body style

Well I guess if you like your dashboard melted, your transmission autotragic and brakes every 15k

Why not get an altezza
>>
>>16050922
It's the last good Lexus, get it.

You'll never be able to tune the engine though so forget about that
>>
>>16053315
This. Lexus v8s have been a tuning nightmare ever since 1998. Fuck em. Enjoy getting roasted by common camaros and mustangs and not being able to do anything about it
>>
>>16050922
I'd probably get one if I had the money
>>
>>16053462
Might as well spend that money on an IS300/SC300/(GS300?) if you're set on a Lexus and use the extra money to turbocharge the 2JZ-GE and repair the interior
>>
File: 2nd gen vs 3rd gen.png (572KB, 756x689px) Image search: [Google]
2nd gen vs 3rd gen.png
572KB, 756x689px
>>16053024
I like the new styling of the new IS 350 but there is no F model and the interior is awful on it. The 2nd gen IS had a much better interior set up

The altezza comes with a shitty 5 speed slush box and will get destroyed by literally every modern car on the road.
>>
>>16050922
>jap reliability

That doesnt apply to japanese performance cars
>>
>>16055737
It has the naturally aspirated V8 and transmission pulled from the LS600. Its not like they threw in a high strung twin turbo six
>>
What the FUCK is going on with this engine?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.