[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, I fucked up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: ae86_2.jpg (43KB, 733x380px) Image search: [Google]
ae86_2.jpg
43KB, 733x380px
Well /o/, I've fucked up entirely. I think I fucked up my life and my parents are ready to boot me out of the house, this is all because of /o/'s favorite meme car, the AE86.

My parents gave me spending money for graduating college with a score higher than a 3.5 GPA. I truly thought hard on what to spend the cash on and I was browsing craigslist's for weeks, then my parents suggested a nice sporty car that wouldn't break down on me. Lo and behold, I thought an AE86 would be a perfect car, especially after browsing /o/ throughout my college life.

So I began the hunt and went through countless rust boxes, "I know what I've got", "No low ballers" and "I know what've got!". After growing tired of searching I found the perfect "cheap one", it looked like a steal. I went to pay the owner a visit, it was some old lady whose husband had passed away and had the car sitting for quite a while, she didn't specify how long but it didn't matter to me being the dumbass I was, I didn't even ask what engine it was, where the rust spots were or any specific important questions about it. I bought the car straight away with pure emotion, I spent $7,500 fucking dollars.

>Mfw I found out the car had the weaker 4AC engine and an actual 4AGE and this was AFTER I purchased it.

>Mfw the head gasket is going to blow at any second

>Mfw there is rust in the unibody and a repairman quoted me $5000

>Mfw car looks like pic related
>>
>>16050190
Your parents should be mad at you because you're a fucking idiot and they're disappointed in themselves for raising a fucking idiot if this isn't a troll.
>>
even for ameripoors, 7500 really shouldn't be that much. I earn more than that a month working glorified part time in europe.

consider it an expensive lesson.
>>
File: 1473222885113.png (268KB, 848x358px) Image search: [Google]
1473222885113.png
268KB, 848x358px
Post actual picture, it's <the current year> and your phone doesn't have a camera?
>>
>>16050190
>Can't tell the difference between SOHC and DOHC engine

:)
>>
>>16050208
>actually seeks out and buys an ass old toyota
makes perfect sense.
>>
>>16050207
this. deliver nigger.
>>
File: 1440970698049.png (27KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1440970698049.png
27KB, 625x626px
STOP REPLYING TO THIS COPY PASTA FUCK
>>
>>16050190
They're going to kick you out for learning a valuable lesson? Kill your parents, anon
>>
>>16050208
So it's an 85?
OP is Itsuki?
>>
>>16050238
shhh
>>
>>16050190
You're lying

The old lady wouldn't list it that high, no chance. A mint 86 goes for around that and hers was rusty. Most of them are listed around 4 or 5 grand.

You said that you inspected each and every one prior to it, and they were all shit and likely listed for cheaper. Why wouldn't you check out the most expensive one? The fuck?
>>
File: 1452153126534.gif (930KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1452153126534.gif
930KB, 270x270px
>>16050238

I was already thinking if it's a fucking deja vu.

Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
Who the fuck "wants" to own a corolla?

You buy a corolla if your poor or have no other options or if its given to you for free...
>>
>>16050190
What major?
>>
>>16050409
>Womens Studies
>>
>>16050405
Initial D memes
>>
File: 1475119049235.jpg (25KB, 353x353px) Image search: [Google]
1475119049235.jpg
25KB, 353x353px
>>16050190

Will this stupid meme car ever get out of the spotlight? For fucks sake, it was meant to be a grocery getting daily driver from the factory, yet popular car culture treats it like it belongs among the greatest sports cars of all time just because of that fucking Chinese cartoon and a handful of people who shoved enough money and tuning into one to make it decent--which can be done with literally any car.

Sure, they can be fun to drive. But so is literally ever other small, lightweight car from that era.
>>
>>16050716
Memes are not ment for real life application. Get off of /o/ for a while OP, I'm afraid you next car is going to be an ef hatch
>>
>>16050728
The AE82, while FWD, is practically the same thing yet can be bought for like 1,500 in decent condition. People just follow the trend I guess.
>>
Eh, here over in NZ a tidy standard AE86 can easily fetch $15,000 NZD. So just tidy it up as much as you can and either save up for a 4AGE when the 4AC pops or sell it. But think in the long run they will be worth 10x what you paid.
>>
>>16050897
>fwd
>practically the same thing

get cancer
>>
File: laughing_footballs.jpg (68KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_footballs.jpg
68KB, 576x324px
>all this newfaggotry falling for this stale bait
>inb4 ironically newfagging
>>
>>16050728
Popular car culture treats it as such bevause it was the go to car in the 80s and 90s for grass roots motorsports and was heavily relevant in global racing from rally to touring cars
It was well famous before initial d, kid. Maybe you'd know that if your introduction to non amerishit land barges wasn't a Chinese cartoon and rather actual experience like most car enthusiasts born before 1998
>>
>>16050405
They don't make cars like that anymore. Or rather, they all look like Miata or MR-S/Boxter (and those are mid-engine so they don't strictly speaking same).
>>
>>16050190
I like it how the first time I saw this it was a car dealership ripping off a kid then it was a Craigslist scammer

Now it's a sweet little old lady telling you this ae86 had a bigger engine than advertised

Little cunt played you like a damn fiddle
>>
>>16051561
Don't educate plebs.
>>
Smells like stale pasta in here.
>>
>>16051561
>It was well famous before initial d, kid.
>kid
Don't do this.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.