[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lancer 2WD vs AWD acceleration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Not an Evo.jpg (71KB, 717x478px) Image search: [Google]
Not an Evo.jpg
71KB, 717x478px
So I recently found out that modern lancers (including non-evos) have an option to switch off awd for 2wd. Can anyone confirm if this makes the car accelerate faster? It should on paper!

>Inb4 base lancers have shit acceleration anyway
I know
>>
EDIT: by 2wd, I mean fwd
>>
>>16049887
How does it accelerate faster with 2WD. Basic logic and understanding should tell you this is not true.
>>
>>16049901
Assuming traction isn't an issue the lowered drive train loss would help
>>
>>16049905
my exact train of thought
>>
>>16049905
"Help" doesn't translate to "accelerates faster"
From a roll? It's possible you could outpace him until 70-80 MPH.
From a dig? You're fucked.
>>
>>16049887
the question is why the fuck would anyone buy a lancer.
>>
>>16049940
because it looks like an evo
>>
>>16049940
I really want an Evo and if I'm going to pay 25k for an Evo 9 that's been modded and abused or 25k for an Evo X that's stock and has ~50k miles on it I'm going to choose the X
>why
I want one.
>>
>>16049940
This thread is mostly out of curiosity. Seeing the feature made me wonder why Subaru hasn't done something similar in the recent imprezas.
>>
>>16049952
y tho? there are faster, better built cars for 25k.

>>16049981
because subaru prides themselves on simplicity. the awd is always working a little bit and a switch would confuse people.
>>
>>16049981
Not sure about the new ones, but on old legacys and imprezas you could just take out a fuse and you'd be in FWD only mode.

Granted this inst exactly intuitive to do, but its sure as heck possible.
>>
>>16050013
>why
I like Ebola
>faster
Yeah.
>better built
Yeah.
But I like the Evos, especially 8-10 style wise. I also possess the money to own one. Is that so wrong?
>>
>>16050036
>evos autocorrects to Ebola
What the fuck apple.
>>
>>16050036
>liking the way evos look
underage b&
>>
>>16050056
>being a faggot
Tell me more about the timeless styling of your MX3.
>>
I will agree that the Ebola has better styling than the MX3
>>
>>16050056
Read
>>16050043

He purchases products based on appearance over performance/function, let the autistic baby buy his overpriced shitbox
>>
>>16050188
>stop liking thinks I don't like
There's only one baby here, and he's the one crying about how someone he doesn't know wants to spend his money.
>>
Do all modern lancers come with FWD or 4WD? I'm retarded and don't know what my ES has.
>>
>>16052690
You have to look under that car and see if it has a drive shaft going to the rear wheels.

>>16049887
Most awd goes into pretty much 2wd under normal conditions. This is a gas saving feature. Awd is better for acceleration because there's no chance of wheel spin. Though with Lancer levels of power there's a big chance 2wd wouldn't spin tires, the difference would be hardly noticeable.
>>
>>16049905
>this
Also a car down on power with AWD will have a harder time getting off the line if traction is not an issue.
>>
>>16049905
tractions always an issue with fwd

any fwd with power worth a shit will have traction issues
>>
What's the difference between the 4B11T and non turbo? Does the non-turbo has forged internals as well?
>>
Would it be a good idea to turbo a non evo/ralliart lancer?
>>
>>16052951
The 4B11 in the base lancers are not forged, bottom and top end are completely different. the ralliart and evo share the exact same 4B11T which has forged internals.
>>
>>16053051
Does the Ralliart have MIVEC as well?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.