[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stop buying WD-40 and PB Blaster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: atf acetone.jpg (93KB, 783x706px) Image search: [Google]
atf acetone.jpg
93KB, 783x706px
Put a 50/50 mix of ATF and Acetone in a spray bottle and use that for your penetrating fluid. You'll never buy PB Blaster or even Kroil ever again. That mixture is nothing short of amazing.

My son used that mixture and took the entire front axle out from under his 94 F150 4x4 using nothing but hand tools.
>>
>>16049818
my wife's son*
>>
>>16049818
+1
>>
>>16049818
Thanks, but no thanks. I like my penetrating oil ton come out at high pressure in a small, convenient can that's easily identifiable, tough, and constant.
>>
Don't do this guys

this causes autism
>>
>>16049961
>I've never used ATF and acetone as a penetrating fluid before
>>
>>16049977
>owning ATF
>>
>>16049986
this
>>
>acetone in a plastic bottle
no doubt this produces some noxious vapor but I don't even need to look this particular reaction up to know op is full of shit
>>
>>16050053
They sell Acetone in plastic bottles dumbfuck.
Not just pure, what do you think nail polish remover is?
>>
>>16050346
Fucking this. Nail polish remover is either ethyl acetate or acetone. PTFE plastic is very resistant to most solvents, I including acetone.
>>
These days I only ever use WD40 for two things; temporary lubricating something, and removing moisture in 7-pin trailer connections
>>
>>16049818
>ATF (1qt.) ~$12
>Can of Acetone (1qt.) ~$10
vs.
>Can of WD-40 $4
Hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>My wife's son
>>
>buys empty ZEP bottle for a dollar
>can just get a can of ZEP 45 which is better than anything else mentioned for 5 dollars from the same rep
>>
>>16050406
Where do you live?
It's more like
>ATF (1qt.) $8
>Can of Acetone (1qt.) $9
vs.
>Can of WD-40 $4

You spend more money on the mixture, but WD-40 is not a penetrating oil it's a water displacer. Also you sure as hell don't get a half gallon worth of WD-40 for $4
>>
>>16050546
That's still fucking insane. ATF is $1.99 and acetone is around $3.00 here.
>>
>>16049818
Acetone is probably the most flammable liquid you can find in the hardware store. No thanks. You can buy 55 gallon buckets of PB Blaster through Home Depot (or in a little handy aerosol can if you're a fucking queer) and it's far less likely to immolate you.

Also that sprayer you have there is absolute dogshit. I can barely get half a bottle out of them before they break.
>>
File: 1460644595151.gif (3MB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1460644595151.gif
3MB, 267x199px
>>16050372
>tripfag actually using wd-40 correctly
this day just keeps getting worse and worse
>>
File: 1460502705940.gif (2MB, 315x177px) Image search: [Google]
1460502705940.gif
2MB, 315x177px
>>16049818
>not using brake fluid and motor oil
thank you faggot OP
>>
>>16051063
Putting highly flammable mixtures in plastic bottles that can leak if they fall over or be set off by a static spark is asking for trouble. Flammable liquids should remain inside a metal can. All the acetone I've seen is sold in metal cans.
>>
>>16049986
>>16049988
Spotted the guys who don't work on their own car.

Back to the OP, A little trick i learned a long time ago is if you're doing a brske flush you can use a little of the old brake fluid to soak on the bleeders To keep them from snapping. So this makes sense to me
>>
>>16051159
Theyre making a joke about transmission type.
>>
>solvent thread
>f5
>no toluene
>no dichloromethane
>>
>year of our Lord and Savior Henry Ford Twenty and Sixteenth
>none of you fags know about Ed's Red
kill yourselves
>>
>ATF
lel. I only have MTF faggot, lern2drive.

> inb4 mtf tranny jokes
>>
I used actual WD40 Penetrant Spray instead of regular WD40. Shit works wonders and got a couple cans for $1.25 each on clearance.
>>
>>16051150
Girls buy actone in pink plastic bottles.
>>
>>16051601
Polish remover is diluted acetone you shmuck
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.