[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are cyclists as much of a problem to motorists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

all around the world?

Or is it just Europe and America where they have weird attitude issues when encountering drivers?
>>
File: fuck everyone, im a cyclist.png (346KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
fuck everyone, im a cyclist.png
346KB, 500x335px
They are a problem in Japan

Bakuon!! had an entire episode dedicated to cyclists being cunts

http://www.crunchyroll.com/bakuon/episode-11-bicycles-702525
>>
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1479778,-77.5093322,3a,75y,337.11h,91.55t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBdnQAEFTDSf9N1yws86eZQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
>>
>>16048424
for some reason people bike up and down this road all the time. I see people slam on their brakes almost every time
>>
I agree that the road doesn't belong solely to drivers/bikers and cyclists have as much right to use it as anybody else, but some of them abuse the fact that nobody's going to run them over to be total cunts to everybody else.
>>
>>16048371
Poorfag east european here. Cyclists are not a problem around here. Mainly because the ones that have attitude issues are nothing more than an outline on tarmac.
>>
File: Cyclist-in-the-streets.jpg (72KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclist-in-the-streets.jpg
72KB, 700x350px
Do not sympathize with the cyclist.
>>
>>16048371

Balkans here. Cyclists keep to the right side and try to not get killed. Car drives stay miles away from cyclists because they don't want to go to jail.
Its even way better now when the EU has poored money for cycling lanes.

From here it looks thats its mostly western issue where cyclists believe they are captain planet.
>>
As a biker (mostly on trails) I fail to understand how a lot of the people I ride with seem to forget they're on a fucking bike.

If you're in a car and I'm cycling by you, you are my god. If I fuck up or you fuck up I'm the one dying.

Besides, if there isn't a bike lane where you're riding, you should either not be there or be extremely careful until you can get to one.
>>
>>16048811

>abuse the fact that nobody's going to run them over

That's the problem right there. It's all in your mind really. If I encounter any cyclists who do not follow rules and thereby become a problem to me I would run over them. Sure you'll always get a slap on the wrists, but in the end they will end up in a wheelchair or a graveyard.

And as soon as you adopt that attitude they will realize and stay away from you. It also helps to drive a dented shitbox.
>>
>>16049322
Crunch.

Sorry officer, they clearly swerved right out of the bike lane with no warning, I had no time to react.
>>
File: 1472710947393.jpg (34KB, 552x552px) Image search: [Google]
1472710947393.jpg
34KB, 552x552px
>>16048371
They're a huge problem in Australia.

>constantly run red lights
>always ride in the middle of the road (even on the line between lanes sometimes)
>can legally ride on footpaths now to avoid colliding with cars but they choose to ride on roads anyway
>dont indicate
>will throw rubbish into cars with open windows at stop lights
>blame motorists for every bicycle related crash
>>
>>16050359
I always had problems with bikefag in Canberra but living in sydney for 6 months I haven't had any bad experiences
Strange
>>
>>16050362
Going on personal experience, Victoria is pretty bad but SA is the absolute WORST for cyclists being total cunts. I haven't driven through Sydney before so I can't really comment on that.
>>
>>16050377
I've never been to sa either
I think it's just dependant on the general attitude of the average lycra clad cunt in the area
For example in Canberra they are all cunt public servants and will ride four abreast on a 80kmh single lane road just because they can. Whereas in sydney most bike riders are riding bevause they don't have a car or whatever and generally don't act like entitled cunts
>>
>>16050359
melbourne here.

i actually encountered one like this, the fucker threw his water all over me (passenger in my mate's car) when i did nothing at all, because my mate got a tiny bit too close (not on purpose, the road was narrow and he could not safely brake in time.

my mate's also a bikie though, so he got out of the car and beat the living crap out of this guy for pouring water on me. justice got served.

they really do have an attitude problem here, they think they're gods of the road.

like seriously, attacking the passenger? i had nothing to even fucking do with it.
>>
>>16048371
They are even a problem in middle of nowhere oklahoma. I'm talking fully geared lycrafags.
>>
Never really bothered me. I ride a motorcycle though so I pretty much take up the same amount of space they do. If they hog the lane, I just go to their left or right and scare the shit out of them
>>
>>16048388
So cyclists are women and minorities?
>>
File: boner1.png (50KB, 324x289px) Image search: [Google]
boner1.png
50KB, 324x289px
>>16050429
>my mate's also a bikie though, so he got out of the car and beat the living crap out of this guy for pouring water on me. justice got served.
>>
>>16050429
I've seen worse. I was in gridlock traffic in the city and it was 3 lanes going in either direction and they were riding between all the stopped cars. But the part that pissed me off though was there was a car infront of me with the windows open and a kid in the backseat and a cyclist cunt and his friend threw trash at the kid in the backseat.

Fuck cyclists, seriously.
>>
>live near wooded area with popular bike trails
>the main approach to this trail is a road where traffic moves at 45 mph
>cyclists bitch about how dangerous this is for them
>village builds bike path right next to the road for them
>half these motherfuckers still ride in the street

This happened just the other day as well
>turning left
>light is red
>cyclist is approaching intersection in oncoming lane
>I get the arrow and start my turn because surely this clown won't be stupid enough to blow right through the light
>blows right through the light without even slowing down
>brake hard to avoid hitting him
>he flips me off

I don't normally road rage but holy shit I was fuming for a good 20 minutes after that.
>>
>>16050487
what the fuck

like they're so passive aggressive
>>
>>16050587
It just doesn't make any sense at all about why they're such cunts. It started off as just being a fitness thing but now it's just dominated by assholes that just want to piss people off.
>>
File: 1359852270276.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1359852270276.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>driving up a little twisty road
>40 mph limit
>nearing a T intersection
>5 cyclists on the right cyclist lane
>they slow down because they want to go left
>one looks at me then dash sideways through two traffic lanes to wait in the left turn lane
>two other fucks do it also
>then another one
>then the last one pauses a bit, knows his friends cut me off and he's about to do so, and still does it
>mfw I actually had to go down to 10mph for these chucklefucks
being a cyclist is a fucking disease
like they're not getting enough oxygen to their brain or something
>>
>driving to Napa
>three lanes + right turn lane
>at stop light, red
>Cyclist up front, balancing while standing still
>moves to the right when green
>carefully move left to pass
>ok
This is a good cyclist.

>blow right through stop signs
>run red light
Bad cyclist

I have yet to see anything incredible stupid in my neighbourhood
>>
>Too slow to safely mingle with high density motorized traffic
>Too fast to safely mingle with high density foot traffic

Yes, they are. They need their own infrastructure. However, that would be a waste of money. There are things society needs, like high-speed transport... and then there is a dated mode of transport that rarely exceeds 20mph and is mostly used for sport and children's recreation.

Keep them on the scenic paths with all the fucking horses, please.

>BUT I GOTTS TO SAVE DUH TREES
>CO2 MATTERS
>MY OTHER CAR IS A DIESEL :^)
>>
>>16049322
ironic because there is a car behind her obstructing the bike line. she's probably going around some clueless driver that's about to door her
>>
Meh, just as bad as drivers or peds to be honest. Everyone is a fucking cunt.
>>
>>16052906
They're about to make a right turn
>>
Obligatory.
https://youtu.be/MZ4Em-QxasE
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.