[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these things really all that unreliable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: jaguar-xtype-black-2.jpg (352KB, 3000x1724px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-xtype-black-2.jpg
352KB, 3000x1724px
Are these things really all that unreliable?
>>
>>16047741
Yes.
>>
No.
>>
>>16047741
Maybe
>>
>>16047741
Ask again later
>>
>>16047741
Keep me posted
>>
Sort of. They're not as sturdy as a Benzie or a Volvo from the same era, but they're still incredibly common and parts aren't all that hard to find when something goes wrong. In general, they're still far more resilient than your average 90s American sedan.
>>
>>16047752
I don't know
>>
Owned an 03 S-Type with 65k miles. Dealer certified and maintained, all synthetic oil ect.

Transmission died at 73k out of the blue, ignition switch broke beforehand, gauge clusters went haywire and kept going crazy while the car was off, multiple check engine lights periodically ect.

Fuck these plastic pieces of shit. You're overpaying for a fucking Ford with a Jaguar badge on. Brit cars have some of the most horrible reliability (nothing tops how shit mini coopers are).
>>
>>16047741
yes, ford owned them when this was a thing. the same thing as a Lincoln LS
>>
Depends.

Don't get an auto, the box isn't great and does break.

Assuming you're looking at an AWD model, the transfer box can fail, so test it well. If it clunks or bangs then walk away.

Best ones are the 3 litre petrol in manual. 2.5 litre good also.

Mostly based on a Ford Mondeo, which is no bad thing, despite what some say, although it isn't a real Jag.

Smooth and comfortable to drive, go pretty well, and parts are cheap.

Not as well put together as Audi/BMW/Merc

TLDR - Yes, they are reliable providing you buy a decent one.
>>
>>16047769
No, that was the S-type.

These are Ford Mondeos.
>>
>>16047768
>Brit cars have some of the most horrible reliability

Owned a classic mini for 10 years and I've had literally zero problems with it apart from maintenance and rust.

While it's true that the Leyland era cars were pieces of shit, barring a few exceptions like the Range Rover P38 everything from before and after isn't any less reliable than other euro cars, which in turn are admittedly less reliable than Jap cars.

It's a bit ridiculous that the british unreliability meme is still dragging on based solely on how shit a 70's Austin was.
>>
>>16047741
I'm no expert, but from what a few BMW certified mechanics have told

>fixing anything on this vehicle is a pain
>performing standard maintenance is a pain.
>Depreciation sucks

I was advised that if you ever plan on buying one, the only one worth getting is the F-type.
>>
>>16047741
they are old and a diffrent kind of car then you toyota prius/vw golf.

if you buy a car like this you have to keep in mind that you WILL have to pay extra for repairs/maintenance.
>>
>>16047767
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>16048028

The F type is the new coupe replacing the E type, it's not based on the X type pictured

>>16047741
If you get one stay away from the S type, they're dog shit. X types are nice and they net you a manual option but it's not really notable. Get an XJ/XK if you want a jaaaag, those are actual jags. You will have to put up with an auto though, XJs never had a manual option. XJR/XKR if you find one. Stay away from pre 2002 XJs unless it's over 100k, and stay away from pre 2000 XJs.
>>
>>16047741
No there fords
>>
>>16047741
Isn't this literally a Ford?
Why would it be so unreliable? Ford's are shit but not total shit.
>>
>>16047762
I got in a wreck doing 120 in one without wearing a seat belt and I barely felt the actual crash. If it were a civic or some shit I'd be dead.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.