[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about priuses that attract such shitty drivers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

I'm sure this has happened to you at some point.

>be me
>get new tires
>ask my buddies if they want to go on drive in the twisties so I can test out my tires
>go in the morning with 2 of my friends
>get to twisty part
>get stuck behind pickup truck
>pickup trucks moves over at the nearest turnout
>give him a wave saying thanks
>come across a prius
>prius is going 35 in a 50
>"god damnit. maybe they'll pull off"
>pass turnout
>prius doesn't pull off
>pass 3 more turnouts, prius does nothing
>there is a queue of like 7 cars behind the prius now
>motorbikes weave through and make it past the prius
> pass more turnouts, nothing
>after nearly 30mins, prius turns left to some chesnut orchard that they're going to
>get to do the rest of my drives at a good pace (only 10 minutes)

JUST

Prius drivers shouldn't be allowed on the twisties. There was really no good spot to cross the median to overtake so it made it that much more frustrating.

What about you /o/? Got any prius stories or similar?
>>
>>16045303
>whaaa why won't people get out of my way so I can pretend I'm some chink in a cartoon
>>
>>16045303
>Prius drivers shouldn't be allowed on the twisties
why not? its not your personal race track faggot

man the fuck up and pass slow cars. if you dont have the balls you dont belong on the touge either. go hard or go home.
>>
>>16045310
0/10 bait
>>
File: looks almost like her.jpg (158KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
looks almost like her.jpg
158KB, 1024x768px
>>16045303
I drove a big diesel pickup in high school and the Prius driving soccer moms got all shitty because they thought my truck took up too much space when I parked. Granted, that parking lot looked like it was designed for fucking clown cars or someshit, but I parked on the street most days anyways. Prius cunts were still assmad for some reason. They'd park their little fagmobiles inches from my bumpers if I parked on the street, or inches from my doors if I parked in the lot. But, eventually I staked my claim to a different parking spot where even if they tried to block me in, I could sort of pull straight out and just drive over the sidewalk to get out. First time I parked there was fucking hilarious.

>the Prius cunts thought they had me
>I had Priuses on either side and one behind
>They thought I'd never be able to get out
>I could never make the turn in my bigass truck
>Their faces were full of smug as they sipped their diet cokes and watched me while their little rapscallions were eating dirt or someshit
>I felt their spite within me as I cranked over 5.9 liters of pure murican tork
>Their shitty grins and snickering as I sat and plugged my phone into the stereo
>Really wanted to play a good fuck you song for em
>Couldn't think of a good one
>Windows down, I started idling out the spot
>Look in the mirror, one of the cunts does one of those pfff looks with the rolling eyes and shit
>Full evil smile on my face at this point
>Cuntfaces change to looks of confusion as I idle up to the curb
>Friends standing to the side on the sidewalk
>They know what's up
>Soccer moms expressions turn to complete shock as I gently press the gas
>Front tires up
>Then the backs
>Several hundred pounds of seething, blubbery, Prius driving rage in my rearview
>Drop down onto the street
>Give those cunts a smile and a wave
>WOT
>Left em with a nice cloud of black smoke
>If my exhaust didn't drown it out I'm sure everybody in that parking lot wouldve heard me laughing
>>
>>16045303
Honk the shit out of them.
>>
>>16045982
Sooner or later someone is going to get shot for rolling coal on the wrong driver and I'll defend that shooter to anyone who'll listen
>>
people who buy a prius don't take driving seriously

they care more about feeling like they are saving the world than anything else
>>
>>16046051
I might have bought a prius owing to my super long commute (110 miles/day) but the brakingredients action on all three generations and models I have tried are scary
>>
I always drop it into the lowest gear I can possibly be in at the given time and people always pull over. They know what's up.
>>
>>16045982
Did you live in Utah?
>>
A very high percentage of prius drivers suffer from a very widespread mental illness. It's best to just pass them as loudly as possible whenever possible to keep yourself safe.
>>
>>16046013
Aggressive. Why you got to hate on diesels man?
>>
>>16046087
Nobody hates diesels.
People hate coal rolling faggots for being faggots.
>>
>>16046087
Theres nothing wrong with deisels, there's definitely something wrong with coal rollers, especially if they pull that shit in populated areas
>>
>>16046074
Nope, southwest Missouri.
>>
>>16046087

For clarification, the standard amount of black smoke from an old diesel is not what I am talking about. It's the 100% opaque plumes that get me going.
>>
>>16045303
I don't really have any specific stories. Just to sum it up, there always seems to be a Prius on the road here that's just in the damn way all the time. It's not like they're trying to specifically inconvenience me for driving a near 3 ton (literally) Mercedes that does 18mpg. They're just there, piddling about in the passing lane doing fucking 10-15 under the damn limit while other cars crawl past him/her in the cruising lane.
>>
>>16046092
>>16046093
>>16046114
Yeah I'd agree with you that the guys that turn the fuel way the fuck up just to roll coal are dipshits. My truck blows a little smoke because it's a simple old diesel and I wanted power, but didn't have shitloads of money. It only does it when I really lay on the gas though, and it doesn't make the fuckhuge clouds like you see from coal rollers. More than stock for sure, but not super excessive. I normally try to keep it civilized in town, but in that situation, I felt I was provoked.
>>
If you think this is bad, just wait for a cheap popular tesla dank iphone geek car.
>>
>>16045336
I disagree.

I'm a traffic cop and i fine people for going excessively below the limit. It's often people in shitboxes who think they have a moral duty to stop the sportscar behind them.

Now mind you if that sports car does speed, i'll get him too, but innocent until proven guilty.

Some of them just want to drive at the speed limit and these cunts cause accidents by driving 30 below the limit.

I actually had a guy aggressively doing it to me the other day, i got him for a ton of defects because he was a fucking cunt.

Just do the limit or like 10 below, if you have to. In warm sunny conditions you do not need to be fucking crawling along.
>>
File: shit.gif (1006KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
1006KB, 260x187px
>driving behind truck
>hill appears
>he drops a gear and stokes the boiler
>huge black plume
>laughing my ass off until i realise my car is going to be filthy
>>
>in buddy's single turbo fd blasting down the local touge
>eurobeat playlist on full volume
>brap around corner at twice the recommended speed
>come flying up behind a fucking Prius
>the memes are real
>have to stomp the brakes
>he's doing 30kph on the open road (100k zone)
>maximum economy run
>the smell of unburnt fuel and spent tire catch up to me
>I become aware that I am using probably 10 times the fuel the Prius is just rolling at 30ks
>next straightaway blast past him at maximum boost
>wastegate screams and torque steer whips the car side to side as the LSD locks up
>just used up more fuel in that pull than the Prius would have used that whole week
>feels great man
>
>>
I JUST DECATTED

i'm ready to find and hunt down some prius scum

who's with me?
>>
>>16046512
tip sent to fbi
>>
>>16046324
This is what I don't understand. If they're going that slow, why don't they have the courtesy to let those that are going the speed limit pass them.
>>
File: priussmug.png (514KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
priussmug.png
514KB, 800x514px
>>16047696
Because smug
>>
We're not all like that, so please stop projecting.

My company provides us cars and they give us a Prius because of the fuel savings. I drive the shit out of that car I don't give a fuck. I just keep it in "Power" mode all the time and floor it when I need to accelerate. It constantly needs suspension work because apparently they aren't meant to be driven 70mph on gravel/dirt roads.
>>
>>16047746
I bought a Prius years ago and it's no fun having people right on your ass.
>>
File: TzVjIXv2.jpg (75KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
TzVjIXv2.jpg
75KB, 626x626px
>>16046512
>I JUST DEFECATED
>>
>>16046324
This is why speed limits need to be abolished. Instead of telling people "this is the speed you must go and anyone that goes any other speed is a complete asshole (oh, and you should inconvenience yourself to be nice to assholes going other speeds)", what we should have is "go whatever speed you can drive at safely, but be respectful and courteous to everybody else on the road "
>>
>>16045303

W-what about Volt drivers?

Are we shitty people too? D:
>>
>>16047835
I've never come across a volt driving shittily. It's always the Prius.
>>
>>16047822
>"go whatever speed you can drive at safely, but be respectful and courteous to everybody else on the road"

That sounds like a terrible idea. That's ALL subjectivity. What one person thinks is safe, another person thinks is dangerous. I don't think most reckless drivers that have caused accidents engaged in their behavior with the thought, "This is dangerous and outside my skill level." No, in their mind, they were perfectly within their skill level, despite running stop signs, and driving 20 MPH over the limit.
>>
>>16047822
That all sounds well and good until some fuckwit in a fast car comes lying around a bend and smashes into someone who is going at a reasonable speed. which i guess happens anyway, but it'd happen a lot more if theres no consequences for it other than crashing
>>
>>16047858
Yes, but those people were doing that despite (or maybe because of) the law. In all of those cases, having a speed limit did exactly nothing to deter those drivers.

>>16047899
Most people drive at wherever speed they're going to drive at regardless of the posted limit. Speed limits just give people moral justification to be disrespectful to other drivers.

Remember, speed doesn't cause accidents, and the police will be the first to admit that. Notice that the classic police report phrasing is "speed was a factor." Not a cause. Accidents are caused by bad judgement, which is caused by fatigue, which is caused by frustration. You can have poor judgement at any speed, which is why old people are both the slowest drivers and the most likely to get into accidents.
>>
>>16045303
shitty car = someone who does not care about cars = someone who does not care about driving = shitty driver
>>
>>16045303
>I'm sure this has happened to you at some point.

>be me
>>
>>16047835

You're worse. Just as smug as Prius drivers but get worse mileage.
>>
>>16047974
Basically shitty car = sociopath
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.