[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pg/ pizza general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: IMAG0052.jpg (752KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0052.jpg
752KB, 3264x1836px
All things pizza.
Starting my 3rd night at dominoes tonight.
Made 23$ in tips last night on a 4 hour shift.
I thought that when someone writes a tip ammount on the receipt you get it cashed out at the end of your night? I only got 3$ of it last night. Anyone care to explain? Pic related.
>>
>>16044146
i want you to know that as a person who makes over the national household average it would never be worth it to use your own vehicle for this
>>
>>16044146
They should cash out all the tip amount on the reciept, yes.

23 dollars in tips isn't bad tho

just it's also hard on a car to run delivery
>>
>>16044146
>cc tips
Depends on your employer. It could come a few days later after it clears so you are given a percentage, included in or with your paycheck because they log it all for your benefit because your going to claim the proper amount of tips on your taxes right? Anyway, just ask your boss or another employee.
>>
File: IMAG0050.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0050.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>16044152
It's part time . I work full time at Subaru
I do this after I get off work
>>16044158
I'm going to talk to my manager then that's fucked up.
I'm worried about the strain on my clutch so I try to be easy on it.
>>16044179
I don't think I have to claim them I don't know how that works they told me they don't take tips out of my check and that I keep all of them.
>>
File: dankest.jpg (24KB, 459x343px) Image search: [Google]
dankest.jpg
24KB, 459x343px
>>16044217
>I don't think I have to claim them
>income tax
>income
>dont claim
>>
>>16044146
Did you get cash orders? Do you live in a shit wage state that fucks you on tips?

If you got $23 you obviously didn't get just $3 in tips, the way it usually works

>you're given $20 at the start of a shift that the store is owed by you now
>you make 0 tips then they give you what you earned via mileage be it per mile pay or flat rate per delivery taken

Now, if you made tips on credit cards
>$20 bank
>make $20 in tips on cc's
>store pays you out the $20 by letting you keep that bank, plus pays on top of it for your mileage/flat rate

Now if you got cash
>$20 bank
>take $55 order
>they give you $60 and say keep the change
>store expects the $55 that is for the order and the $20 from your bank
>you get the $5 plus any mileage/flat rate

Ask your manager next time how your store specifically works, dingus.

t. delivery driver for over 3.5 years who makes bank
>>
Fellow Dominos Driver here
Been at it since May
Best night was $134 after a 7.5 hr shift.
Worst was $12.50 after a 3 hr shift
I make $5.15/hr not counting tips
Biweekly total income is anywhere from $300-$800 after gas every night.
I honestly have no clue how cc works, what my friend does is keeps all money for the night, counts cc and checks, pays the difference and pockets the rest.

Stay with it, it is a fun job. What gets me throught it is what i was told on day one
" you are going to have some shitty nights, but the great nights are going to outweigh them 50 - 1"
>>
>>16044662
What the fuck is this bank?

Not every pizza place runs exactly like yours mang.

>>16044146
Keep track of that shit. I always wrote down all my tips throughout the night so I knew exactly what I should keep and what I would owe when I got cashed out. Your CC tips could come with your paycheck at the end of the week, I normally just got mine at the end of the night but we got paid cash in an envelope every week so it wasn't like the chain places.
>>
>>16044662
I was given 20$ in cash tips. I made deliverys all 3 totalled to 19$ in credit card tips. I handed them back my bank at the end of the night and still got 3 dollars. I talked with my Co worker today and he agrees I should have got that extra 16$ I lost.
I don't get paid per mileage
I make 10$ an hour and I get 1$ for ever delivery I make and I make 1.50$ a delivery if I deliver far.
>>16044571
I don't Know how to report tips on my tax returns of its going to a pain for me I probably won't do it for long I don't want to fuck my w-2 up.
Plus 9 times out if 10 I only get credit card orders. I got one cash order out of all my deliveries tonight. I made 32$ in tips tonight in a 4 hour shift.
>>
>>16046274
They told me credit card tips were cashed out the same night. Last night I had 19$ in credit card tips. I only got 3$ of it.
>>
>>16046474
Pay attention to your money better jeezy. I would catch the owner of my place on mistakes too.
>>
>minimum wage just went up to $11.80 where I am

Think I'm going to buy a RWD shitbox and take this up as my evening time filler in the spring time. $11.80 + Tips has to make for some decent cash.
>>
>>16046539
Thats not how that works. In most, if not all, states, workers that are expected to get tipped only get a wage at the fraction of a normal wage, and the tips are expected to exceed minimum wage. if the tips do not exceed minimum wage, the employer makes up the difference.
>>
>>16046539
Lel good luck with that one. Let me know when you find a pizza place that pays drivers $11.80 + tips and delivery.

Where the fuck in minimum wage almost $12/hr anyway? Shit is retarded, it's just going to artificially inflate everything even more and keep killing the middle class.
>>
PINEAPPLE DOES NOT BELONG ON PIZZA
>>
>>16046553
We made a mac n cheese pizza at the pizza joint that was fire. None of that Cici's bullshit, actual good thin crust pizza. Came as an experiment one night and ended up being really good. Just spread the mac n cheese on the crust like sauce, put the regular cheese on top, and throw it in the oven.
>>
>>16046552
I'll be better with my tips next time.

Well in California I make 10$ an hour plus tips.
I don't make a fraction of minimum wage like in other states. I kind of like it.
>>
Looking pretty gud, m8. I took home $67 tonight. Average is around $60 a night and around $320 in tips a week. Did $274 this week so it's pretty far below my average.

If you can, definitely work on Halloween. It's one of the biggest days of the year for this kind of job. I made like $140 last year I think.

An anon here recommended the app called JustTheTips. It allows you to keep track of your hours and tips. Highly recommend giving it a shot so you learn just how much you make in tips.
>>
>>16044146
I really enjoy driving and I'd love to run pizzas but I can't justify putting wear on my car. Not to mention 18 mpg (on a good day) with premium would cut too much.
O woe is me! What shall I do?
>>
>>16046619
Buy a cheap as fuck manual shitbox just for it. Can make the money back fast and if it's used just for the job, won't break nearly as much as you'd think. Also if you go to a place that pays by the mile, that should cover the gas. I get 24 cents per mile but my actual spending on gas is like 5 cents per mile.
>>
File: 1469170206739.jpg (224KB, 708x847px)
1469170206739.jpg
224KB, 708x847px
>>16046605
was waiting for you to reply shingu thanks m80 im gonna check out that app.

still waiting for someone to comment on my Rally Armor mudflaps on my car and my "I-VTEC SOHC decals on my lower rear doors.
>>
File: 1466377524541.png (112KB, 294x256px)
1466377524541.png
112KB, 294x256px
>>16046619
in my civic i get 30mpg city
im worried about the wear on my clutch and transmission as its stop and go.
not to mention i literally live 50 miles away from dominoes. meaning i drove 50 miles tonight to make 40$ in hourly wage and 33$ in tips for 4 hours of work. subaru is 42 miles from my house this is the reason i have 55000 miles on my 2015 honda civic
>>
File: EKDohcvtecweb2.jpg (20KB, 798x133px)
EKDohcvtecweb2.jpg
20KB, 798x133px
>>16046665
kek I'm gonna get a set of those stickers for mine eventually. Everyone runs B series. It's just me and another guy that loves the D series. I can't hate 33MPG city.

>>16046672
The more you do the job the better the tips will get. Just gotta get into the groove.
>>
>>16046648
That's the plan, but finding the money for the initial investment is the problem. I think working at a college for a few hours could lead up to it and let me double-up on jobs.

>>16046672
>55 miles to work
wew lad
Is there not a lot of competition to work at closer to home?
>>
>>16046698
i work in a different county.
i had interviews at 3 honda dealerships
1 toyota dealership
1 acura dealership
all offered 10$ starting.
all of these dealerships were 10-20 miles from my house
so i had to look farther for employment that payed more so i found a honda dealership willing to pay me 14$ starting. i worked there for a year and now im at subaru making more.
yeah the commute sucks but i dont spend much for gas. thats why i own a base civic.

dominoes is only 8 miles from my subaru dealership so i go there after im done at subaru.
8am-to 5pm at subaru 5-6pm to 10-11pm at dominoes.

workimg close to home has never been a concern of mine that much i dont mind it. just coming home in traffic sucks.

>>16046674
thats why i work at dominoes now shingu i want to buy an old eg hatch or an old dc integra and track it. i fucking love hondas so much.
>>
File: 20160110_004517.jpg (97KB, 1750x984px)
20160110_004517.jpg
97KB, 1750x984px
>>16046714
Yeah I have zero regrets getting my hatch. It has rarely failed me but I'm running a bit behind on fixing some things. Engine itself is a fucking tank, though. Main issues is a head gasket starting to go and a leaky header.
>>
File: 20161016_185116.jpg (175KB, 1247x935px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_185116.jpg
175KB, 1247x935px
>>16046720
Whoops wrong pic. That was way back in January.
>>
>>16044662
Good answer delivery anon. Both delivery places worked, like this good explanation.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.