[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2001 BMW E46 330ci first vehicle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: e46 330ci.jpg (68KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
e46 330ci.jpg
68KB, 640x426px
Hi guys,

I went to my first car meet-up with a friend last night and had a blast. I met some cool people and even cooler cars (lots of Skylines, E46 M3's). I never really considered myself a car guy, but after seeing how much fun everyone was having racing and just talking about cars I want to take a step into the car world.

I talked to some of the BMW enthusiasts there and they told me that an E46 330ci is a decent first choice considering I can't afford an M3. I've had about 10k set aside for a car since I started college, so I'm thinking with a ~6000 CAD payment for the car and an extra ~4000 CAD for the shit that will inevitably have to be replaced I have a good start.

I'm not set on a BMW, but I am leaning more towards it because a lot of my friends drive one and could repairs and whatnot for cheap. Do you think this is a good option for me or should I look into something else? I know it's my first car, but I want something I can invest in and really have fun driving.
>>
File: bimmer.jpg (150KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
bimmer.jpg
150KB, 1024x576px
>>16043396
Do it, just try to stay under 150k miles. I DD a 2004 BMW 325Ci, at 135k miles and it runs strong.

Get a two door as well, 4 door e46's are for 16 yr old girl's daddy present tbqh familia.

They are very fun, tossable and handle fairly well, Its basically the same engine as a 25i just .5 more liters and some better compression. Repairs aren't too bad, had mine for a year and only spent like $450 on initial small fixes and tune ups.

I say go for it but try to get like a 2003 or 2004. 2001 is fairly old.

Pic related (my whip)
>>
>>16043396
Yes, it is a good car to consider. The e46 330ci is easy to learn to work on and has considerable aftermarket options. Stay on the maintenance; its not a Toyota. But this is certainly a car that can introduce you to the pleasures of motoring. Your budget is spot on in terms of having a cushion for repairs and maintenance. Get a CarFax and as many maintenance records that you can on the vehicle and DO NOT considering buying one that does not have such documentation. I am done here.
>>
>tfw you want a 330ci
>There are barely any manuals in your cunt
>>
>>16043396
NO. Do you not buy a bmw as your first car. You don't deserve it. Even if it's your own money. Shut up and buy a civic. get a bmw when you're more mature and done with school and have a job.
>>
>>16043925
Follow your dreams op, salty shit poster just got off the bus
>>
File: we'll-wait-and-now-some-music.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
we'll-wait-and-now-some-music.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>>16043396

Quite a nice car, actually. However, it is a typical first beamer to have but there is nothing wrong with.

If you have people and shit to heave around, get a four-door rather than a coupe. I remember sitting in my friend's and I got some serious cramp in my right leg although I do have big legs.

Do stay on top of maintenance though; just because it's German doesn't mean it will not go wrong and it can get reasonably expensive because BMW love all dat money,
>>
>>16043933
and then he'll be like that other canadian faggot that got high and crashed his e46.
>>
Sorta related but not really, which bmw 3 series should i avoid? Like which ones are notorious for being problematic
>>
>>16044216
E90

E92 is alright though.
>>
I had one for a year. Fun car. Handles well and has good power in stock form.

I hated the (sport package) seats. They are hard and sit too high for anyone not manlet-sized. The steering wheel is a little tilted and it will bug you if you're OCD. The dual mass clutch feels weird when crawling in traffic. These things are ultimately why I sold the car.

Be ready for the following:
Diff bushing failure.
Front control arm bushing failure.
Cooling system failure.

The 4 doors weigh the same as the coupes. Buy either one; just make sure it's in good condition.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.