[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future Build Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

Anything you plan on building in the future. Here's mine, building next year because I need a truck for college (Lots of mud, dirt and snow)

>70's c10 (Not stepside)

>Drop engine and trans, or buy one without any in the first place

>zz502 crate engine, 500hp 575lb/ft

>TH400 auto trans with a shift kit (I've had a manual for a while and I feel like I wouldn't want it in a truck)

>Big rear end to handle all the torques :3

>Stripped interior, presuming it's gonna be nasty cuz I won't spend much on the truck, maybe some speakers and a decent head unit

>No a/c, maybe heat

>Bed bars and a 4 k/c lights across the top

>Set of meaty street tires in the rear for the

>4 snow tires/boggers chained in the back for the aesthetic, also could use them in case surprise offroading or snowstorm, nice to have some weight in the back

>Will be left with a comfy, fast, capable, good looking c10 for around 25k :3
>>
>>16043287
purely benchbuilding but
>coyote IRS trackrat/toegay/autocross 1965 first gen mustang
>longitudinal MR 26b stuffed into . . . . Actually I have no idea what would be a good candidate.
>>
>>16043301
I've always dreamed of doing that first build of yours. Something about a 60s mustang with a modern drivetrain sounds wet
>>
>>16043301
>IRS '65 Mustang
You're about 50 years late.
http://www.drivingline.com/articles/the-65-mustang-gt350r-finally-gets-irs-it-only-took-50-years/

I'd build it like that Shelby, using an all-aluminium 289. Maybe add the '66 optional Paxton, but it'd be amazing to keep it a ''what if''.
>>
>>16043334
I guess for me a build doesn't really have to be 100% original, but just the concept of taking a ratted out rolling shell of a 60's Mustang and stuffing the best suspension, chassis, and drivetrain you can buy today in it.
>>
bump
>>
>>16043287
>tl;dr daydreaming about something that you will neither finish in time nor afford nor have an actual use for because you're only making up those "surprise offroading" scenarios in your mind and nothing alike will ever happen for real
>>
>>16043287

Already rebuilt the th350c and swapped in a 350 crate motor, next things to be done

>2.5 inch drop spindles up front
>2 inch drop springs up front
>replace every single bushing everywhere
>tie rods/etc etc
>drop shocks front/rear and shock relocators
>flip kit in rear
>bolt in mild c-notch
>new leafs in ass end
>tubular upper/lower control arms
>new front sway bar
>add sway bar to rear
>repair floor pans, kick panels, rockers, cab corners, window pinch welds and misc other rust spots

Going to drive so much nicer once it's all done, still saving up for everything. Eventually would love to

>rebuild rear end, go to something like a 3.73
>change the th350c out for 700r4 or get a gear vendors
>redo interior entirely, keeping factory look just new door panels, dash pad etc
>finally replace the craptacular stereo

There's a long list of shit I want done to this thing.
>>
File: 3.jpg (468KB, 1530x992px)
3.jpg
468KB, 1530x992px
>>16043287

>stripped interior

C10s already have stripped interiors.
>>
>>16044585
>comfortable
>vinyl

pick one and only one, Chevy
>>
File: 1475287824516.jpg (163KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475287824516.jpg
163KB, 960x720px
>>16043287
'89 stock car inspired Caprice as a moonshine runner special has always been a thought in the back of my mind.

>correct some of the B-body front suspension geometry, go with a manual rack and pinion steering up to a cleaner tilt column
>convert the janky 4 link to a truck trailing setup and adjustable panhard bar
>short stroke, long rod big bore iron block LS engine set back a few inches with a turbo breathing on it
>Tex/Gforce or Jerico 4 speed
>narrow and box the frame in a few places or remake those out of box steel
>drop pretty much all the interior and see the feasibility of employing a few old tricks to shed some weight
>cast the bumpers in fiberglass, shoot 'em gray
>replace all the old glass with lexan and kill the window regulators, rig a pull strap setup of some description for the front windows to go up and down
>kill any of the AC components and simplify the heater box so it only defrosts
>aluminum seats like I had in my sprint car, 5 point harness, full cage, still debating whether I want it to still seat 4 or only 2
>15x10 unpolished slot mags at all 4 corners wrapped in Avon CR6ZZ rubber

Still working out some of the logistics, but the Caprice from Furious 7 came surprisingly close to my vision.
>>
Just bought 95 Nissan D21 extended cab

Bone stock

In no particular order:

>Tune up

>Replace rusted out bed

>Drop it 4 inches

>Hydro e-brake

>Boost

>Skids
>>
>>16044599

The highlander interior is actually very comfy.
>>
>>16044930
>>unwind torsion bars
>>drop blocks

Takes like an hour for dem mad lowrider respects.
>>
>>16044930
Jesus christ I just helped my buddy buy a 1990 yesterday and this post tripped me the fuck out. Same colour too
>>
File: fordpickup1982ravenblack.jpg (439KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
fordpickup1982ravenblack.jpg
439KB, 1200x673px
>>16043287
I'm thinking about either getting a 1984 Ford F-150 (Flareside) or 1987 Chevy K-10 Silverado (Stepside) and convert either into a muscle truck. Kinda got the inspiration form that Roadkill episode. Still planning this thing out, so it'll be a while.
>>
File: IMG_20161009_153254.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_153254.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Muh ferd

Short term plans
>Swap the front I beams for some off a 76 f250 so I can get disk brakes and keep the 8 lug pattern
>Build a mild 302 based off a 96 explorer motor with factory gt40s
>Redo all weatherstripping
>Remove leafs from the rear leafpack
>Find an amp for my speakers

Long term
>Crown Vic front suspension swap
>3 link or slapper bars for the Dana 60
>Either built aod or build the c6 and gear vendors
>all Aluminum 351w stroked to 408, 11:1 comp, full roller rockers and a wicked cam
>Repaint truck two tone white and Holly green
>Kilduff shifter
>5 or lug conversion so that I can get his wheels
>chrome. All of it. No but actually I wish this truck has more chrome

Never going to happen
>Expedition or explorer irs
>Ecoboost swap mated to a tr6060
>427 side oiler or 428 cobra jet with a top loader
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.