[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Charger.jpg (859KB, 1492x1409px) Image search: [Google]
Charger.jpg
859KB, 1492x1409px
Just traded my broke as fuck E350 for a base model Dodge Charger. How much did i fuck up?

>I love it so far.

Super fucking comfy cruiser. Enough power to get by. Was pretty damn cheap.

I know /o/ seems to hate these cars, but holy fuck i love it so far.
>>
Wait till the Chrysler bit of that thing takes over, and stupid shit breaks, and costs retarded amounts to fix what should have been a re-call.
>>
isn't it about the same thing underneath?
>>
>>16040446
Sure it can't have cost more than the Mercedes cost to fix.

First 3 months of owning it, had it in the shop for 6 months and 8k of repairs. Another year and a half of ownership and it needed at least another 10k in repairs.

The amount of repairs required for the benz, almost completely bought the dodge.

Also, to a relative extent can fix stuff myself. Problem with the Benz was a lot of the stuff that broke, required the engine to be completely removed, transmission fixes, etc. Stuff i don't want to do in the parking lot of my apartment...

A Mercedes shouldn't rattle around while driving, mine did. It just needed so much to fix. The charger is quite, comfortable, and rides smooth for now. At this point, it's an upgrade.

Though, i would like to know if anyone has any specifics that i should look out for. I know Dodge has an awful problem with their brakes and warped rotors. Also seems these vehicles have a problem with wheel balancing?
>>
>>16040453
Yes.

If i remember right, the charger uses the E-Class chassis just prior to the one i had (W211).

There's a few familiar features in the Charger that i'm glad to have that coincided with my E350.
>>
>>16040421

Literally a Mercedes in Americuck clothing
>>
>>16040477
Exactly what i was looking for.
>>
>>16040462
>owned it for 3mos
>in that time, it spent 6mos in the shop
Wow, the unreliable meme is real! At worst the Charger will only spend 2mos in the shop out of every 3mos you own it.

They aren't bad cars though. I like a lot of FCA products, they are more exciting that similar GMs and Ferds. Only problem is Chrysler cars always tend to have a couple thing that break repeatedly and are expensive so I hope you got a warranty. Shit like electrical gremlins. At least with GM cars, every little button and switch will break and the trim will fall off but the engine and wire harness should last.
>>
>>16040462
Oh, and the warped rotors, did you buy the car new?

My mom had that problem a few years back with her Grand Cherokee and they wanted her to spend a shit ton of money on high performance rotors. She wrote a letter to Chrysler and they gave her free brake jobs for life on that car. But she bought that car new and wrote the letter at like 30k miles after she had the rotors replaced for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Those brakes were ridiculous though. Even driving like an old woman, you could feel the rotors starting to warp within like 5k miles, noticeable shaky at 10k miles, and you couldn't even drive the thing by 15k miles because when you hit the brakes after exiting a higheay at 60mph it would try and shake the car apart.
>>
>>16040554
I expect brakes to be a pain in the ass, and it seems wheel balancing is more of a problem than it should be. The Corporate pentistar engine seems to handle itself well. As far as electrical gremlins, i'm sure it can't be as bad as my Canyon. At one point when i pressed the brake the signal light came on. Happened for about a month, then magically stopped.

I'd like to know if anyone has some experience with transmission issues though. It's the 5 speed and i know absolutely nothing about it. The transmission in my Mercedes was pretty much dead, and coming from that car the 5 speed in this car seems amazing, just because it actually works properly.

Also as far as the unreliable meme, totally real for the W211 with the 3.5L. The 6 months and 8k worth of repairs was for the balance shaft issues that the 3.5L had. It wouldn't have taken nearly as long with a competent shop, but it's still not a short job.
>>
>>16040572
I'm convinced every Dodge has this problem. Didn't buy new, car is a 2013 with 100k km's on it. No chance of anything like that happening.

I know 2 others with dodge products who have battled this same problem. It's something i'm willing to live with considering the immense problems i've had with my previous car.

Curious if a brake upgrade could fix it though. As far as i know it mainly effects the front rotors.

My father has a Caravan and has been battling warped rotors since he first bought it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.