[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automatics on sucide watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: lmao.png (733KB, 755x884px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
733KB, 755x884px
HAHAHAHAHAHAhaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
http://www.kmov.com/story/33431341/carjackers-leave-mans-car-behind-after-discovering-it-has-a-manual-transmission
>>
>>16037449
this thread again?
>>
File: american car thieves.webm (945KB, 632x434px) Image search: [Google]
american car thieves.webm
945KB, 632x434px
Obligatory
>>
>>16037449
Cars with manushit are not worth stealing

BTFO
>>
>>16037449
They dont call it pic related for nothing here in the states. Its one of the reasons i still drive stick.
>>
>>16037474
Also obligatory
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=psvM4BaPS0c
>>
>>16037501
More like the carnaper is a numale like you. Kek
>>
>>16037920
Why the fuck is his first instinct to just lay down?
>>
>>16038210
Whoops meant to reply to
>>16037932
>>
Are manualfags the most cancerous circlejerking faggots? Why is the modern era is being able to drive a manual regarded as being a rocket technician when it's just as easy as breathing manually? Is this a millennial craze, where they need to feel like they're good at something?

t. manual '92 E30 M3
>>
File: 1475339504575.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475339504575.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>16038219
what a retard, he can't even quote the right post. haha
>>
>>16037936
>implying driving manual requires any skill
>>
>>16038259

Yes

It's a "skill" that takes 5 minutes to learn

I drive manual, my previous car was manual, but only because its more fun, there's literally no reason for an average non auto enthusiast to get anything other than auto.

Manuals are slower, less efficient, easier to fuck up, and a pain in traffic.
>>
>>16037474
t. slushbox pilot
>>
>>16038317
>Manuals are slower, less efficient, easier to fuck up
wrong on all counts
>>
When I was first driving stick, I had a god complex about it.

I'd always try and make sure everyone around me knew I was driving a stick.

Looking back it was pretty obnoxious. I daily an automatic now, but I have a 5-speed truck I drive multiple times a week still.
>>
>>16038317
manuals are cheaper, poorfags like it too. also slushboxes feel like shit once you get used to manual, you need a good DCT
>>
>>16037449
That altima was a stick shift? Very interesting, it was probably the SE with the 3.5l v6 paired up with the 6 Speed. I was looking to get a maxima of similar year because i was looking for a larger car but i couldn't find any with the same engine/tranny so i settled for a passat lol. Really wanted that v6 with the 6 speed
>>
>>16038210
Watch the thief in the pickup. Looks like he's leaning out and telling him to get down or something.
>>
>>16038317
Manuals are more efficient and last longer than autos. My friend has an old merc W123 with over 300k miles and the gearbox still works flawlessly while the slushbox in my mom's audi shitted the bed at 113k miles.
>>
DCT>Manuel>Slushbox
>>
>>16038317
Okay, that's just not true. I was only talking about the ego some manualfags have.
>>
>>16038219
hmm idk, cause the guy with the gun probably told him to? would you teleport behind him and snap his neck?
>>
>>16038259
IMO people that drive autos are not engaged in the traffic. They are soccer moms wrestling her kids or people texting, so they cause dumb accidents. I think it's dangerous to think of a car as just stop and go, and knowing manual gives more insight on how a car works and lets you have more control over it.
>>16038317
you've probably driven a manual once in your life if you think that. with a manual you can even adjust your driving for performance or for fuel economy.
>>
>>16038329
Manuals would be perfect if people were computers. However most people on /o/ drive like fucking retards, especially when in stop&go traffic. My auto kicks like a mule and provides perfect instant launches every time.

I could never heel-toe in my manual car, was only "fun"
>>
>>16038848
>mandatory autistic manual superiority complex

Why was I not afflicted when I bought my FiST?
>>
>>16038863
>However most people on /o/ drive like fucking retards
There is no need to project.
>>
>>16037501
/thread
>>
>>16037449
If you have a shit car maybe. Any halfway desirable car will be a theft magnet for little faggot ricer thieves.
>>
>>16038210
The guy has a gun, if you think you're going to run around the building and not have him freak the fuck out and shoot you, you're a fucking dumbass. Guy with a guy says stay right the fuck there laying down is a good sign you're complying...if you're white. If you're black it's a sure sign you're about to attack.
>>
>>16038349
Shoulda done it mane. sleeper sedan and still comfy.
Also dat vq
>>
Only Americans would feel some kind of stigma against manuals. Likewise, only Americans would feel like having some kind of complex about being able to drive manual.
>>
>>16040072
is that why people keep bringing up america whenever manuals are talked about? it seems other countries are pretty obsessed with talking about us
>>
>>16040163
We bring up 'murica when we talk about manuels because you fuckers are the only nation that consider driving stick a fucking skill.
>>
>>16040072

As an American who drives a Volvo manual I sincerely understand why Europeans shit on us for being slushbox faggots.

Automatic drivers tend to be bigger idiots and run into the back of your car due to not being on the brakes.
>>
>>16040278
See? This is what I am talking about. You HAD to mention the fact that you drive a manual and that you are american. You never hear about "As an european driving a manual".
>>
>>16038349
They had it for one year I believe. Similar to the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4-cylinder manual, which was only offered for that year.
>>
>>16040260
its a skill to Asians too. cvts are literal cancer in Asia
>>
>>16038848
>with a manual you can even adjust your driving for performance or for fuel economy.

you can do that with an auto car also

>its called a gas pedal
>>
>>16041425
>not able to pre-select a gear before accelerating
>not able to shift when you want to
auto just doesn't have the same level of control
>>
>>16038329
i love how many still think they can change gears faster than a modern auto.

i drive a manual but this makes me kek.

you're trying to tell me, in the time it takes YOU, to move one hand from the steering wheel, depress the clutch, release the accel, move the gear knob, release clutch depress the accel in the time it takes a machine to do that? next you'll be saying human factories are more efficient than robotic ones.

top kek
>>
>>16041640
All that stuff is done in one smooth motion, it takes like a quarter of a second. Slower than a good DCT, obviously, but faster than pretty much any slushbox.

The real advantage of torque converter automatics comes when launching and engaging first gear. That's why they're used in drag cars.

For track driving, drifting, and just hooning around on the roads, it's manual or DCT.
>>
>>16041640
People who aren't fat can move their limbs much faster and with less effort
>>
>>16041640
Depends on what you call a "modern auto".
DSG7? That shit's lightning quick.
Lada AMT? I'd rather drive a non-synchronized manual.
>>
>>16041729
>>16041731
>>16041736
you can do all that in 8ms?
really?

slowest one on that fast list does it in 280ms.

but yep, you guys can change your 5 speed manual faster than that.

kek
>>
>>16041944
forgot link, kek

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shift_time
>>
>>16041944
>>16041948
Did you even read the post you responded to, or understand the article you just linked?
Do you wear your underpants outside your shorts and pretend you're superman on a regular basis?
I think you may be intellectually disabled.
>>
>>16041963
????

what?

you count dsg's that only go full or semi auto as manual? or what? make a point cunt.
>>
The real pro drivers are Automatic drivers that drive like manuals.

>N at traffic light and let it roll back a tiny bit before shifting to D when it goes green
>let go of throttle between gear changes
>keep hand on shifter
>>
The memes are real.
>>
>>16041425
>you can do that with an auto car also
>>its called a gas pedal
>this is the autoshits level of knowledge on cars
>>
File: 1477114036391.jpg (26KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
1477114036391.jpg
26KB, 960x539px
>>16042060
>>
>>16042060
>not going into 1 or L like a boss
>slapping it up into 2 like a drag champion
>popping the button hitting D like indy champion mario tricocci
>not dumping the OD button at the home stretch to get to get the extra booster to the next light like the mars rover
>not keeping accelerator mashed into the carpet when approaching red light and shifting to N for the based revs

Get mad at me, bruh.
>>
>>16041640
no I probably take .2 seconds longer than a machine because I'm not a retarded cripple like you
>>
>>16037449
Theft is covered by my insurance.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.