[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Option?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Nope.jpg (78KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
78KB, 900x600px
20k Budget and want to go fast and loud but want something from the 21st century and don't want a corvette, 5.0 or an SS.

And I want something practical so I can DD for a year or 2 If i need. Seems roomy enough for that. Dont care about gas millage, my current car I had for a few years averages 19 mpg and I'm fine.

It's either this or a BMW N54. (2008+ 335i or 135i, capable of over 450+hp)
>>
>>16035985
>going with a bmw after the e46
shiggy diggy.

gto is fine. you could get a g8 gt (no manual) if you want/need 4 doors.
>>
>>16036008
>g8 gt (no manual)
They exist. Just not for under 20k.
>>
my dad used this as a dd back in the day

he also drove it on the track and liked it for the most part except he complained about the weight

personally i like it but of course i am a bit biased
>>
File: Nope.jpg (151KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.jpg
151KB, 800x533px
>>16036008
No kids, No girl and no plans

Just me, my academics and career. 2 doors is fine for me for a couple more years

Still doing a bit of research about the GTO, a couple 6.0's in my area with less than 75k miles and look clean both of them at around $15k.

Never driven one, I guess I know what I am doing this weekend....
>>
>>16036046
The weight is what will take a bit getting used to, it weighs like 600lb's more than my e46. Handling and overall feel will be very different.

Never had a taste for Australian/American muscle but I may be warming up to them.

Not to mention the power capabilities the LS2 has.
>>
>>16036030
g8 gt is auto only. GXP is manual.
>>
Afraid the insurance on a limited production v8 coupe is going to be stupid. Especially due to my age.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 217x144px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 217x144px
> stock 3.6L V6
>RWD
>4 Door
> 256 hp (base)

Tempations are awaiting you...
>>
>Heavy
>Lots of soft mushy bushings in the rear
>Can't fit large enough tires for power it's capable of
>Aftermarket mostly Australian along with any other part you might need if its not the powertrain
>Somewhat weak diffs

Good cruisers and street cars. But a Corvette/5.0 Mustang makes a better track car, a LS1 F-Body/03-04 Cobra a better strip car.

Look at the BMWs, new as possible if you want a DD IMO. Otherwise I'd personally just get a 5.0 with the performance pack, improve the soft suspension and you have a very capable car.
>>
GTO's are about the slowest 400hp you can buy. My heavier, less powerful G8 has never lost to one and I've raced a few.
>>
>>16036270
Pre 2011 5.0 are rather weak stock. Im sure they are very capable with some work done. 2011+ are a little over my 20k budget.

I think the N54 (2007-2010 BMW 35i engine 300hp capable of 500+) is the best option for fast but practical dd under 20k. The Goat sounds great and is faster in a straight line than a N54 bimmer but they are pretty hefty and rare. Want something newer as well since I will most likely keep the car over 2 years.

Performance and practicality per dollar N54 bimmer may have the upper hand, but man the GTO cant be looked over.

Still debating if E92 or E82 N54 though
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.