[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/org/: /o/FF ROADING general thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 25

File: dat distribution.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
dat distribution.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
Been lacking on starting these threads. We could've. C'mon and post up, faggots.

General offroad talk
>>
>>16033674
leaf vs coil for off roading?
>>
>>16033912
Coils are better but only if you put real money into a proper system
>>
Leafs provide independent suspension which means the tyres can't actually go on an angle as well as a dual pivoting coil suspension can. this means yes to offroading, no to rock climbing.
>>
File: Mahtruck1.jpg (41KB, 720x482px)
Mahtruck1.jpg
41KB, 720x482px
My dad has been storing my truck for me while I don't have room. He want to put tracks on it this winter. Anyone have experience with tracks?
>>
>>16033943
>Leafs provide independent suspension
>>
>>16034029
leafs are normally accomodated by independent suspensions
sorry for muh vocabulary autism
>>
>>16033912
Leaves are easier and cheaper but coils are smoother and far more customizable
>>
>>16034036
That still doesn't make any sense.
And autism=/=retarded
>>
Hell yes this is the thread I was looking for.

Looking to spend about 20k on a fucking war machine, capable of whatever I can throw at it, and comfy as fuck. Don't really care if it's modern as long as it can be found with reasonable mileage with that price point.

Honestly looking at a Land Cruiser 100 series at the moment, but may change that up. Still open to Trucks, but SUVs are prefered.

So anon, lets say you had that much to throw at an off road capable vehicle and could cover whatever repairs it may need before it hits the road, what do you get?
>>
>>16034072 I hear '80s Tacomas are great, but honestly, Chevy's K series are always a popular choice, especially the K5s.
>>
>>16034104 >>16034072
they weren't named tacoma's in the 70s-late 80's, hilux or just pick-up, kinda weird but yeah, those are bullet proof, when they were carburated (19r and 2or engine) was when they typically came stock with both a front and rear solid axle, and when the 22re (fuel injected engine) was introduced is when I believe they also switched to an independant front suspension. Basically, they are bullet proof, but good luck finding one that isnt going to break in half from all the rust or with less than 250k miles. My dad owned a 74 with the 18r engine and a 4 speed, he bought it new, drove it to 200k miles, it was in a salt water flood, he sold it to a friend for 500 bucks and that guy drove it to newyork and back twice. also just go watch that top gear episode
>pic related
>>
File: ya44.jpg (31KB, 600x314px)
ya44.jpg
31KB, 600x314px
>>16034104
hard finding one without a body reconstruction due to rust. ramchargers is a good bet. old 4runners. why not get a trucc with a cap?
they're essentially the same thing.

>>16034072
>comfy
>offroad
choose one. if you want something that doesn't have insulated suspension, then you'll only feel the hard rocks that hit your vehicle. not an issue if you do mudding/ rocking but it's better to have a rougher suspension when carving your own path.

Make sure to get something with at least 4.0 6er so you can mow down saplings with your bullbar or grill guard. The skid plates so that the tree doesn't get caught under your vehicle, and maybe a piece of differential armour. All of these except the motor can be done yourself with scrap steel / titanium for $200 if you know how to cut and mold metal.

lift kit and offroading tyres will run you at least $3000. if you get one of those old vehicles even $4000.
>>
>>16034225
Oh yeah, Ramchargers as well. Older Rams are pretty damn solid too. Powerwagons are cool as shit as well.
>>
>>16034219
oops, meant 18r or 20r
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-20-10-27-13.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-20-10-27-13.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>
I want to straight axle swap a f150, nothing super serious I want to get rid of the IFS what should you use? I've heard of a dana 44 swap but idk if thats just older trucks or not.
>>
>>16035280
A D44 would be more than adequate in terms of strength. What you need to look for is pumpkin and pinion offset that'd suit your application, and obviously rotation.
>>
Looking to get a second truck, because my K5 is nice enough I'd feel bad if I crunched it.

I'd prefer to stay GM, because that's my comfort zone when wrenching, what does /org/ think about a Colorado with the H3 running gear swap?

Possible later upgrade to alloy block 5.3...
>>
>>16033674
thanks for making this thread, op.
is that your truck in the pic?
>>
File: 1.webm (2MB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
2MB, 360x640px
If I had the money, I'd go full rally cross with it.
It's not street legal anyway.
>>
File: 1476841977109.jpg (85KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476841977109.jpg
85KB, 707x500px
>>16034104
>'80s Tacomas
>>
>>16035346
man i would stay away from the colorado
that thing has a slew of issues. its a total pos desu
>>
File: IMAG01971.jpg (4MB, 3264x1952px)
IMAG01971.jpg
4MB, 3264x1952px
>>
>>16034072
100 series is going to be your best bet if youw ant "comfy as fuck." but as with any rig, the better you make it off road, the less comfy it will be. depends on what your priorites are
>>
>>16035377

He meant to say T100 right
>>
File: taytay.jpg (17KB, 288x400px)
taytay.jpg
17KB, 288x400px
>>16035360
Nah, I just had it saved because this thing just looks ridiculously front heavy unless eh has a few neutron stars on the rear "bed". also muh dirt.

I just have a shitty Ranger with a cute nose and bod ^__^

>>16035346
Just traded up to a Ranger. twice the mileage, half the underside rust. colorado o sensors were starting to go shifty and i've had two blown coolant tubes already.

it MAY be easier to just buy a ranger due to the ease of customisation. though, i do dream of putting a ramjet in my ranger when it tops out at 220k. or an old carbeurated I-6
but that's still 2 years away...
>>
>>16035383
I don't know what to believe, all memes are failing me, my brother bought a cleanAF 86 Pickup, my buddy picked up a real nice and straight 2005 Tacoma, and they both blew up on the trails. My diesel K5 has been absolutely unstoppable, my other buddy's Jeep hasn't had a single electrical problem, and his brother has an H3T that was a monster until he put it on its roof wheeling drunk and blew it up running it upside down.

The Colorado can't be that bad if they are as high as they seem, can it? If they were shit, surely they'd be cheaper...

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/ctd/5830235446.html
>>
File: ya50.jpg (112KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
ya50.jpg
112KB, 1000x666px
>>16035442
what does "blown up" mean? muh oil changes and muh tranny fluids are burnt significantly harder when they're on the trails. i'd say 2.5x your mileage and add it to the regular base of changes. this also goes with your clutch plate but not your differential fluid.

colorado / sonomas really aren't that bad. they're just more in maintenance as the years go by. i also had to carry a wide assortment of kits in order to fix up my old colorado if/when it burst in the middle of nowhere. i wish i could've sold you my colorado. dented to hell and back, too.

frankly, the "memes" are just general trends. GENERALLY the tacoma will "blow up" less than others. GENERALLY, self jeeps will not blow either. but there's always gonna be that one in fifty manufacturer part that will fail one day on the road.

do what you want, anon. one of these days when on the trail, you'll get stuck in a rut. might as well do it in something you like. but there are +/- prices associated with all vehicles.
pic related
>>
>>16035534
I mean cascading failure resulting in my having to drag them to the trail head, find a trailer to drag them home, and replace engine.

My brother's 86 had a wrist pin starvation issue that caused rod failure, which lead to crank and block destruction, my buddy's taco dropped the intake valve into cyl 5, started shooting fire out the intake, and scored the bore past rebuildable.

Both trucks seemed to be in good repair and had clean fluids at the beginning of the day they died (two separate days).

Yeah the 86 spent half an hour idling on a hillside while the people ahead of us recovered, but it wasn't that excessive, it was a couple more hours before trouble started, my truck was fine and steeper, and there was a Sami in the group that was steeper yet.

The valve thing has no explanation we can determine.
>>
File: ya21.jpg (15KB, 280x200px)
ya21.jpg
15KB, 280x200px
>>16035617
>no explanation
Yeah, shit like that happens sometimes. A crack on the engine can be caused by anything from a bubble during metal casting or caustic pigeon shit. This can lead to all sorts of issues but are rare enough (and undocumented enough) so they're just left to the insurance companies.
My friend's old S2K had one of his valves burst right through the hood of his car when he was shifting from 5>3 (or a half clutch drop, i can't remember). They can happen on a lot of vehicles and aren't limited to brands whatsoever.

All of that does suck but then again, lightening does strike twice. And quite often. You can only minimise the odds these issues - never completely end them. remember that cars are incredibly complex machines

also:
>pin starvation
>rod failure
>block destruction
>extreme oxygen into fifth cylinder
>chain reaction blowing up each individual cylinder
>everything changed when the fire nation attacked
Fuck that must've been cool to see (unless the hood stayed on the whole time and all you got to see was the giant scorched plate and the melted plastic smell). In that case, have another lubbu swiftie.jpeg
>>
Broke the driveshaft on my Bronco over the weekend, rotted paper thin in a few spots.
>>
>>16035729
how did you let it get this bad? ):

are you knocking it a few places and checking out the exact damage or are you just going to strip the whole drive train because fuck it?
the (8?) inches of differential clearance probably doesn't help it either.
>>
>>16035675
I wasn't in the taco when it died, but I did see fire in his wheel well, and after we got that out, and he tried cranking it again, it did blow a fire fart out the slightly melty flexible intake pipe.

The Pickup got a little bit of clatter, and we decided to run it anyways because it's a Toyota, and the group Cherokee has had rod knock for 2 years, surely a Toyota can hack it, then about half a mile later, just a horrible crashing noise, and then oil all over the trail.
>>
>>16035791
not exactly a firework show... but why did you restart it (if i dare ask)?

honestly, if i even feel something wrong with my vehicle (especially clatter), i would check it before running the trail. I'm about to do a carpet installation on muh ranger and hope to god i can still feel the small rocks when they hit skid plates after the dynamat and carpeting shuts out the world.

that being said, the colorado comes with a carpet and might need a few other adjustments to go offroad capable. i defintely could not have taken my 2010 cheby S-10 RWD for an offroad trip (well. i did but 3x recovery is a pain in the ass and wallet). they also weren't as easily customisable as my ranger.
is the only preference for colorado because of muh gm comfort zone? because if so, do what i did and buy a cheby decal and place it over the Ford badge on the bed door. that way you have the ford badge showing and a glowing hot cheby bowtie around it.
>>
I did a mud. Was fun
>>
File: hapi.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hapi.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>16035828
is that the new Land Rover Martian rover?
>>
>>16035774
It's a rotted out old plow truck sadly.

Gonna hopefully make something work. It's got a broken radius arm too.
>>
>>16035824
>but why did you restart it (if i dare ask)?
Symptom was truck died, accompanied with fire. Driver didn't notice anything else.

Honestly? Beyond being comfortable with late model GMs, even if I've spent very little time with the Atlas family motors, I like how the Colorado is styled, there was an factory variant with an LH8 Vortec LS motor, so there's mounts, manifolds, etc for doing that if I decide I need more power, I want something narrower than my K5, I was impressed with the H3 that was wheeling with us, and I think I've got a line on one for a decent price.

I'm looking for someone to talk me out of it because spending money makes me nervous, but unless that happens, I'm probably going to go for it. I need to keep my K5 out of the salt, so I'm thinking that I'll get something I can drive in winter and wheel with when I want to be more aggressive in the summer. I'd think about an older truck, but it's Minnesota, everything is $6k+ or rusty trash.
>>
File: ya33.jpg (1MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
ya33.jpg
1MB, 1920x1440px
>>16035908
Ah, gotta feel every small bumb D:

I really, really like cheby motors. MPGs were their specialty but a lot of break down. Honestly, since you can wrench, I'd definitely buy a cheby just because you can take care of it. I couldn't. So I traded. Now I'm gonna get a jeep to learn.

I would talk you out of it. But I want a Jeep TJ / CJ-5/7 right now so I'm definitely not going to be a hypocrite and prevent you from doing what you love. Hey if you have the money, i'd definitely do it. i'll even fan grill with you, anon.
>>
>>16035992
>get a jeep to learn.
Those 4.0s are a great motor to learn to do stuff to.

I hope I love it, but I've never owned a truck that wasn't a full size, so I don't know.
>>
File: 2016-10-05 14.04.25.jpg (2MB, 2334x1310px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-05 14.04.25.jpg
2MB, 2334x1310px
Got both my quads moved out to the house; an 87 Honda fourtrax foreman 350d 4x4 (pictured) and an 86 fourtrax 350 "parts bike" that needs a jug and piston to run plus like a keyswitch and fuel pump.
Power is good and comes from a 350cc 4 stroke ohc 4-valve single cylinder. 24.5 hp and similar tq, 5 gears with super low 2 3 4 5, neut, and Rev. Auto clutch manual ratchet trans. Top speed I've clocked by GPS is 45.4mph on the rd. More then enough to move me as fast as I wanna go on it.
May turn the 86 into a mud monster and leave the 87 stock with its nice plastics for the lady, but money's tight right now.

Broke an exhaust stud off at the block right up against the firewall on the 55 Jeep. FUCKFUCKFUCK is about how I'm feeling right now about that because I wanted it running before winter and that's not gonna happen. I have a bit and extractor but there's nowhere to put it with the firewall right there. I don't know what to do, either lift the body or pull the engine are the two ideas I've had. I dont want to do either of those. It'd make the brakes a bit easier if I pulled the body, and I'd be able to really clean up everything a bit better, but I don't really have the facilities to do so. So pissed off. Least I've got a fourwheeler.
>>
>>16036018
S-10s and colorados are midsized compared to a lot of the old 1980s ones. Hell. If you have the time and the eyes, then go for it.

Also, funfact: I'm way too tired right now and getting off work with a guy who sits there for like 5 minutes chirping me about my Ranger vs. his $1500 Silverado 2003 with 320000k on it. I called him Taxi and almost immediately realised that 1. fuck i'm not high enough for this shit and 2. memeing IRL is cancer as shit.
Ree.
>>
>>16033912
Coil in front, leaf in back masterrace
>>
>>16036216
I was thinking of tossing some coils in the back of my ranger down the line. But that'd probably just be in order to tune it into a rocker.

I suppose my new Jeep would be a better idea for that than a trucc.

>>16036018
hey you mentioned the engine. is it easy to take apart and put back together or should one refrain from doing so unless you have really good know-how?
>>
>>16036018
What jeep?

I'm an mj/xj freak and have built several, one tj, currently in a family Tacoma
>>
>>16036225
>is it easy to take apart and put back together or should one refrain from doing so unless you have really good know-how?
Depends on what "easy" means to you. If you don't care about small oil leaks, and you are really good friends with your torque wrench, I suppose it's easy. If you care about oil leaks, it's still easy, but you've gotta replace some seals every time you open it up, so I wouldn't make a habit of it.
>>
>>16036225
You should have a reason, my current xj has 230k and I replaced water pump, ain't fucking with it beyond that unless something shits
>>
>>16036225
And easy depends on the year and model, jeep went to a tension arm and it's 100x easier to do front work. Alternator on top on some (tj) under a bunch of shit in others (90xj). Some fans are next to impossible to squeeze out, others slide it like butter.

All in all I've found the 4L great to wrench on.
>>
File: ya18.jpg (42KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
ya18.jpg
42KB, 612x380px
>>16036238
Hoping to get a TJ. Will settle with a YJ.
Literally just a $750 shitbox I'm gonna get, sit around winter and wait for "free jeep. you just have to tow it out of here" and replace all the quarter panels one by one. Lift kit the thing, learn about carbs, learn what hoses do what, etc.

>>16036250
The engine deconstruction would be for the same reason. Just to learn about the shits and have them right there in my hands. But I suppose I can do it with some of the older engines that are not working that i will inevitably find on my Jeepney

I feel like this task / hobby is something I can use to curb my depression that's slowly creeping up on me. Also to learn a shitload of useless skills.
>>
>>16036214
Oh fug, just found a manual Colorado in Chicago for the same price as the one I've been scoping out here...

It's a regular cab short box, which would be better off road, and it's got the lighter interior, which is nice.

Damn Damn Damn
>>
>>16036300
I don't think you'll learn more than one important thing about carbs.

And I don't think anyone has ever said "fuck it take this wrangler off my hands", not unless it's been wrapped around a tree first.

Cherokees on the other hand...
>>
File: swiftie.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
swiftie.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>16036343
There are a few ads on that in the past two weeks. They're normally decimated or halved. Also, no drive train (as that's the most valuable part for some reason). Otherwise, the YJs are going for $400 - $700.
But I think I'd much rather have a TJ or a CJ7.

I don't think people will get rid of their TJs fo no prices but YJs almost definitely. Choices. Choices. I ONLY want a wrangler or CL because of the feeling. Doors off. Cover off. Depression off. Man that would feel great.
Wear a full tact-suit in the winter and just cruise through town with the doors and cover off in Speznaz clothing. Heh. (then immediately regret it when you go back onto the highway).
I honestly consider wranglers the street legal ATVs or Winter motorcycles

>>16036333
That's pretty damn rare. If it's 4x4, it's even more rare.
Fuck. Just think. I could've gotten then same Colorado back in 2010 but in crew cab and 4x4 and people would pay me $15 000 nowadays to take it off my hands based solely on the rarity.
I mean, this Ranger is 4x4 extended and manual. So I can easily get rid of it for $11 000 or $13 000 if i wait. BGut damn.
>>
>>16036389
I've gotta call my bank tomorrow. I might have to pay Chicago man a hundo to hold this thing and go to get it this weekend.

Shit, I hate spending money, it makes me nauseous, but I really need to jump on this. 14 hour road trip here I come.

I'm going to sleep like shit.
>>
>>16036433
And then I've gotta design a winch bumper that looks good and helps my approach angle...
>>
File: 1476240970600.jpg (850KB, 1322x1711px)
1476240970600.jpg
850KB, 1322x1711px
>>16036433
Please let it be I-5
First thing's first. Get the bench seat and whilst doing that, maybe tear up a carpet and replace with vinyl. I'll actually have some spare plastic undercoat I'm just going to throw away after I install carpets. The only thing is you have to come to Toronto, Onterrible. (make the drive senpai. I'll set aside Monday-Wednesday for migratory bird hunting anyway:)

Let's see how the stock Colorado offroads. Year? Bed length? Mileage?

Oh I just got drunk. I'll be back in 6 hours. Night anons. Remember to MAGA.
>>
>>16036487
I5, post recall head, MT, 4x4, RGSB.

It's perfect.

Just gotta get the vin for the vin check thread and hope a used car lot in a city with a bad rep doesn't live up to stereotype.

The price is low enough I'm worried about what the car fax will say.

I5s sound neat, I'm going to have to do an exhaust too.
>>
>>16036513
See: >>16034019 where I detailed my Colorado experience and sounds.

Lemme dribe it when I come down to Minni, senpai. I do sometimes miss my Cheby.
>>
>>16036542
I'm used to cold starts, my DD is an 86 with a 6.2 diesel.
>>
>>16036542
>>16036559
And a manual will make holding it under an RPM easier.

We should go ice fishing somewhere north of Duluth, there's some ohv trails that a ways.
>>
>/org/
>offroading general
>not /2hi4lo/
>>
>>16036839
That's what it's called from now on.
>>
>>16034025
You don't have enough power m8>>16034029
>>
>>16035892
I know that feel bro. Every cheap pickup in my area with 4x4 and a v8 has been used to plow. I just want a pos with a solid chassis and drivetrain. Any regular cab half ton or up will do, idgaf if it's ford, gm or chrysler.
>>
>>16037603
Wut
What engine do you think I have?
>>
File: 1449876988731.jpg (66KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1449876988731.jpg
66KB, 528x792px
>>16034029
>mfw have no independent suspension
>wife says need to rake the yard
>ok.jpg
>devise plan
>strap multiple rakes to the back of truck and drive it around to rake leaves
>genius
>follow through with plan
>it actually works
>ride smoother than normal for some reason
>get out of truck
>look at struts
>full of fucking leaves and shit
>cushioned the ride because of all the leaves stuck in there
>suspension flexes over obstacles instead of being stiff and getting stuck
>mfw leafs provide independent suspensiob
>>
What's a good car with a fair amount of room in the dash and front, or alternatively, a dash easy to strip down?
I want something that I can comfortably fit a few radios and shit into.
>>
>>16037814
>leaf springs
>>
File: IMG_20161020_220021.jpg (819KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161020_220021.jpg
819KB, 1600x900px
Huge.
>>
File: ewwwie5.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ewwwie5.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>16036567
would do but am in onterrible. it's good for ice fishing if you want to dribe 12 hours up north.

>>16036839
this

>>16036559
>>16036513
aynd? what happened with muh colorado

>>16037814
"leaves" springs
did this actually happen anon
>>
>>16039155
>what happened with muh colorado
No response so far from Chicago re vin#.
>>
>>16033674
Rank the following jeeps in terms of comfort
and then off offroading customisability, ease, and potential:

CJ-7, CJ-5, TJ, YJ, JK, (ZJ?)
>>
>>16039905
ZJ >>>>>>>>>>>> worlds>>>>>>>>>> any of the others in comfort, and who needs custom shit when you have built in lockers and other shit factory
>>
>>16039905
XJ better than all of them
>>
I want to lift a land yacht, would a donk lift kit stand up to offroading? Obviously I'd be using longer/stiffer springs instead of installing spacers like a nigger, but I'm talking about the bolt-on control arm adapters and shit.
>>
>>16039992
Just get a CVPI and put Super Duty springs on it.
>>
>>16039992
Depends on how hard you wheel, but probably poorly.

Just do a "red neck donk" (ie stick a GMT400 frame under your old yacht), and use bigger wheels for normal than that swap.
>>
>>16040012
The car is already constructed like a truck, body-on-frame and massive coil springs. The donk hardware is longer control arms in the rear and an adapter in the front so that your alignment doesn't get fucked when you lift it. They're tubular where the original arms are U-shaped, so the donk stuff is stronger than stock at least. But what kind of shit do serious off-roaders use, all custom fabricated?
>>
File: swizzy jeep.jpg (333KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
swizzy jeep.jpg
333KB, 640x480px
>>16039923
>>16039926
I suppose for offroading comfort, safety, and land cruising, ZJs and XJs are incomparable to Wranglers / CJs.

However, I'm glad he brought this question up since I'm looking for a Wrangler right now. Only because I love the feeling of driving an overbuilt ATV with the doors and top down. Something that one wouldn't get with the ZJs and XJs. I have a Ranger if I wanted to offroad in mild comfort. I want a Jeep to make me feel in tune with nature or the streets.

From my research in terms for comfort, none of them but for offroading customisation and considering the price:
YJ, TJ, CJ, JK (I wouldn't even consider the JK unless this will be your only vehicle).

Without pricing, I'd probably choose a CJ first (parts are hardest to source), TJ second (balance price with ease of finding parts), then YJ and JK last. Even though it looks like I'm getting a YJ due to the sheer mass amount of them around my area.
>>
>>16034025
Nice s10. Mine looks basically the same but black with a canopy
>>
>>16040274
Think you're in the wrong thred m8
>>
File: adorbs24.jpg (28KB, 594x396px) Image search: [Google]
adorbs24.jpg
28KB, 594x396px
>>16034025
Damn mid-sized truccs look amazing when lifted. But those look like some weak axles with lack of skid plates (also no front fender guards with the grill guard).

Can you mow down tree saplings with this and how does the underside deal with rocks / pebbles? Not trying to rag on your vehicle (hope it doesn't sound like that!) but I remember my old cheby colorado had horrid issues with the metal bumpers side caving in from the smallest pieces of rock. Now my Ranger's plastic bumper can fly all the way off and I'll just clip it right back on the spot. Skid plates and differential armour also helps.
>>
File: trucc my shit upp.jpg (268KB, 784x960px) Image search: [Google]
trucc my shit upp.jpg
268KB, 784x960px
>>16040324
also. pic related. this happens every once in a while and I just clip it right back on. Much better than the metal guards that would cave like mad.

once i get a winch, i think i'll get an actual stainless steel, wedge bumper that will be able to handle small/moderate like these along with my winch. that essentially removes the need for a bullbar and connects the fender right to the bottom skid plates so I can even tear through little trees (and have them slide under my trucc) like it's GTA San Andreas all over again.
>>
>>16040301
how to drift offroad?

hard mode: no e brake. only foot operated parking brake.
>>
>>16040363
Learn how to shift weight. Something about Scandanavians and their flicks.
>>
>>16038591
250?

I'm this guy >>16036171

>>16040363
Skinny pedal
>>
Hey /o/. First time mudding and the engine compartment is all covered in mud from the splashbacks and everything. Everything runs fine up to 110 on the freeway but should I wash this layer of mud off? Can I just spray water under and above the engine to do this? Do I leave it?

I assume all moveable parts are covered and are waterproof (otherwise how do splashing puddles work)?
>>
>>16040337
that's just the front valance that's used to conceal your fog lights and license plate and remove air flow underneath to give you that 0.001mpg boost. rip it off, throw your license plate in the window, and deal with it.

or do what you said and get a solid valance that actually can handle your retardation. not bumper.
>>
>>16035377
>>16035399
I know nothing of Toyota's, I'll admit. I've just heard my brother-in-law refer to them as "an older Tacoma", so that's what I called them.
>>
>>16041415
Wait until the engine is stone cold, and spray the engine bay then. Start it immediately after to warm it up, and evaporate any water left behind.
>>
>>16040096
Thanks! It was my first car and I live it to death

>>16040324
Thanks! It has skid plates, never had any issues with rocks or anything either and this things has been through hell and back. The only body issue it has is some rot in the wheel wells on the bed and some slight rust above the fender flares. Unavoidable to some extent in the New England winters. It's slightly different than a regular S10 as it was a ZR2 so it's not as flimsy as it might seem. It can certainly mow down saplings, never had an issue there. If I could make changes now I'd swap the bed off for a tube frame and someday I plan on a sfa
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.