[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heel or Leg Clutch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

What do you guys do with your left leg? Just started driving stick a few weeks ago and I'm still having a difficult time launching quickly and consistently (unless I take a few seconds). I think this might be due to me being a bit overweight or not used to lifting my leg in the car. Do you use your whole leg on the clutch or lift it up to clutch down and then lift your foot with the heel planted?

Do I need to be more /fit/ to drive /stick/?
>>
...No?

Have you ever seen a truck driver?
>>
>>16032085
Lose some weight
>>
>>16032085
i use my whole leg, you'll probably get used to it after a while. also be careful not to rest your foot on the clutch as you wont realise how much force you apply.
>>
I use my whole leg because my clutch pedal is pretty hard to press and it feels more controlled than doing it just with your ankle.
But m8 if lifting your leg is hard you might have other things to worry about than smooth starts.
>>
>>16032094
Does the kneecap ever hit the top of your wheel when clutching? Am I sitting too close?
>>
>>16032103
*bottom of your wheel
>>
>>16032103

maybe. unless you're really that large
but if youre super fat i dont think youd be able to sit too close
>>
>>16032103
You are sitting too close, adjust your steering wheel or move the seat back both of you have an adjustable steering wheel column
>>
>>16032110
Do you prefer a low seat or a high seat with a higher wheel?
>>
File: 598465416548416.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
598465416548416.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>16032085
>car won't work if you don't move your left leg around

What kind of shitbox are you driving?
>>
File: left.webm (390KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
left.webm
390KB, 350x262px
>>
>>16032103
There should only be a slight bend to the knee when the pedal is pressed, I think you might be too close or have your wheel too low if it's adjustable
>>
>>16032150
Saturn Ion. It's a smaller car than what I'd been driving in automatic, and I usually had the seat all the way back in that since I'm a fat ass. Since I switched, I've moved my seat closer than what I'm used to to use the clutch.
>>
Use your leg for clutch. If your body is moving in while the clutch engages, repositiono the seat to hold you smug.
>>
>>16032150
Ayy b16 sentra
>>
Heel clutch isn't a thing. It's literally impossible.
>>
>>16032085
While leg fatso, do you seriously where wooden clogs like the pic when you drive? This some sort of euro thing? Ew, that might be part of the problem
>>
>>16032482

This. You have to use your whole leg, anon. You have to press the clutch to the bottom and be comfortable with that position (you may need to stay there for a few seconds). When not using the clutch, move your foot to the footrest on the left and let you leg rest.
>>
File: 2531.jpg (89KB, 346x260px)
2531.jpg
89KB, 346x260px
>>16032085
Alright, listen up fucker. Everyone has giving you no, to shit advice so losten here faggot, ill give you a way to have optimum seating position 100% of the time.
> Sit in vehicle
> Put your left leg completely against the footwell (not the pedal, but the wall behind the pedals)
> Your foot must be completely flat against the wall.
> Scoot your seat back until you feel like your foot is losing a firm plant on the wall (the bottomg of your foot should still be touching the wall, but must have little to no force being exerted against the wall, foot must be completely flat against wall)
> Now your seat is completely perfect
> adjust the upper portion of your seat accordingly, however you want doesnt matter just make it comfy without moving the actual position of the entire seat (the bottom lever you just used to adjust the distance of your feet to the pedals, DO NOT TOUCH)
> now you use the gas and brake pedal with only the top of your foot (the toes and "palm" of your foot. Your heel should rest on one spot, which is between the brake and throttle)
> your left foot should be lined up with the footrest on the left side of the clutch (never rest your foot ON the clutch, always on the rest provided) the pedals should be operated only with the toes and palm of your foot like the picture YOU posted OP.
>>
Heel on carpet and pivoting on heel to move clutch. If not moving through gears my foot is off to the side. When I go to shift I push clutch in with my forefoot then bring foot down till heel is touching carpet. Keeping heel on carpet lift front of foot to release clutch.

My clutch is hydraulic and I wear a size 12 shoe.
>>
>>16034849
Wut
>>
>>16032085
Half built 6'3" fag here driving a GTI, standard obviously.

My steering wheel is fully telescoped towards myself and raised as high as it will go. I do not enjoy my leg being fully extended and locked out when the clutch is fully pressed in. It gives me less control and forces me to have my arms almost at a 90 angle meaning just way more work to drive the car.

Yes, my knee hits the steering wheel every time I let the clutch out. I simply angle my knee leftwards as I let the clutch out. It doesn't take a gymnast to do it. It's comfy and easy. After shifting place your left foot on the dead pedal out of the way.

* My seat is ever at most only 2 notches from being at the maximum extension. Not impressively far being that it's a mk4 gti.
>>
>>16035637
Forgot to mention that I always use full leg motion. My ankle stays locked and I kick forward on the clutch.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.