[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you going to buy a Tesla Model 3? What are your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: model-3-unveil2-1024x576.jpg (118KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
model-3-unveil2-1024x576.jpg
118KB, 1024x576px
Are you going to buy a Tesla Model 3? What are your thoughts on the need to transition to sustainable transport? Do you support Tesla Motors?
>>
Can't wait to see these stanced on the roads.
>>
>>16030384
Not gonna buy the 3 but i support the movement. It's just the next step in tech and anthropology. Theres aways gonna be diehards for old tech like steam engine fanatics, horse back riders, and sail sailer. I for one welcome our new electric engine overlords.
>>
>Are you going to buy a Tesla Model 3

Are they actually going to fucking manufacture any? Just like they're going to be in space soon, right?

I bet Tesla fags believe their Fuhrer's hair will grow back naturally someday too.
>>
>>16030400
chemical fuel isn't going anywhere, the batteries to pull a semi trailer would be the size of the trailer itself

maybe on some other website that post would have been upvoted though
>>
File: Twesla_Model3.jpg (110KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Twesla_Model3.jpg
110KB, 640x426px
>>
>>16030405
They built the Model S and Model X, why wouldn't they build this?

I mean they did deliver on reusable rockets, and that fuckhuge factory is going to be finished.
>>
>>16030418
I've actually been looking into some research some guys are doing into Australia with real big semi-trucks and battery/solar technology. Basically the idea is having very small and flat mono cells all over the entire roof, upper side panels of the prime mover and following trailers, as well as the potential of adding a paint to the vehicle that is pretty much a PV cell. You can do the whole setup with less battery storage than you would think (most definitely not a whole trailer, a fraction of that), especially if the vehicle is in semi or full sun.

Obviously there are limitations when it comes to night driving and weather etc etc, but this is shit people have done as a personal project/research with their own funds. Solar/Electric trucks with decent mileage/top speeds are no more far fetched than cars mate.
>>
File: 45.jpg (207KB, 520x533px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
207KB, 520x533px
>gourmet mobility scooter
>>
>>16030503
Both of those took massive amount of taxpayer money and tax incentives to get anyone to buy them. The model X is just a bloated S
>>
>>16030465
is there any car that doesnt look good with a twingo front
>>
>>16030384
>need
the US has enough oil for more than my lifetime, you need a better product to move me to electric.
>350+ mile range
>can actually corner
>can be recharged in the time it takes to fill a similar ranged gas tank
>can be fast-charged in enough places to replace a gas station
>has a interior to reflect the price
and the most important one
>a 20k to 25k USD model without government incentives
>>
>>16030384

>tesla
>sustainable
>40k car that most regular people needing cheap transportation can't afford
>lithium ion batteries
>charging network that relies on fossil fuels

Top fucking kek, m8
>>
File: 1443847234.jpg (718KB, 1797x924px) Image search: [Google]
1443847234.jpg
718KB, 1797x924px
>>16030585
Yeah, doesn't work on Volvos
>>
yes, with autopilot and supercharging.
>>
>>
>>16030789
but it has a mouth.
>>
>>16030584
>taxpayer money
How?
>>
>>16030591
>you need a better product to move me to electric
Or you could think about more than just yourself
>>
I cant buy a tesla until they make a seat with leg support for tall people. Meanwhile all the incentives are being dropped one by one while Im left out of the loop.
>>
>>16030465
>twesla

KEK
>>
>>16030636
But it does.
>>
>>16030553
Do you have any idea how much power a model S actually uses? There's no solar panels on the current models because they'd be literally useless.

I otherwise support electric cars but throwing solar panels on them is just a waste of money.
>>
>>16031170
$7500 tax credit per vehicle and Tesla got government money from day 1 as a taxpayer supported green initiative.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 252x200px
>>16030384
Why are electric cars considered "sustainable" and "green"? The electricity used to charge those fuckers is cominga lot from burning coal and methane.
>>
Why should I buy a car that is worse than my current 20 year old shitbox in every single way?
>>
File: 1351170582527.jpg (68KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1351170582527.jpg
68KB, 680x680px
>>16030603
Btw when will Musk present the wonder battery he already had ready several years ago?
Or did he just lie to trick naive IT grads into buying Tesla shares? Would an honest businessman do that?
>>
>proprietary charging standard

no thanks
>>
>>16031179
>>>reddit
>>
>>16032368
let him believe that he saves the world.
with his car that is far more harmful to the environment than any ICE powered ar.
>>
>>16032294
Because burning gas in one huge petrol station is more efficient than burning gas in millions of tiny engines
>>
only cucks will defend this
>>
>>16030392
Won't happen, the car will send a report to Tesla and lock up your car if you try to take the wheels off at a non authorized Tesla dealership and send you a fee.
>>
>>16032384
you say that but it isn't.
>>
>>16030384
I think electric cars are great... preserve the oil for enthusiasts and classic cars!
>>
>>16032433
your mother oils up for me! she says you are SAD!
>>
>>16032403
Yes, it is. Engines designed for constant rpm are always more efficient than engines designed for a large range. Plus you can more efficiently treat emissions on an industrial scale unless you're a third world country like the US where corporations can lobby their way out of cleaning their fumes.
>>
this is the ecocuck
brown people will flatten his house and chase him through the suburbs >>16032441
>>
>>16030384
>Are you going to buy a Tesla Model 3?
NO - but I would consider renting it (zipcar) or leasing it for work. I'm not interesting in purchasing the car because I'm pretty sure I won't want to own it in six years and have to repair one or two generation old technology.

>What are your thoughts on the need to transition to sustainable transport?
I like the idea of being able to charge the car off the grid

>Do you support Tesla Motors?
I don't know what you mean by 'support'. I am fine with Tesla Motors being treated liked any other large automobile company. The company board doesn't have a history of rewarding shareholder investors, so I'm not interested in buying Tesla Motors stock.
>>
>>16032441
look it up then, only combined cycle gas plants exceed 50% efficiency. your typical oil/coal plants achieve 33% at best which is below efficient engines.
>>
>>16032441
youre on /o/ and completely ignoring the fact that having many small ICEs are more fun.... who cares about efficency?
>>
BOLT
OLTB
LTBO
TOLB
>>
>>16032494
coal is less than half of any state's electricity production.

oil is barely used for grid electricity generation. maybe some small islands that have giant train engine sized generators for power instead of proper plants.

more nuclear, hydro, geothermal, solar, wind, and CNG power plants will continue to make EVs cleaner. while even the best hybrid car is not going to improve significantly, ever again.

Electric motors are 80% efficient or better.
>>
File: ford scorpio mk2.jpg (349KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
ford scorpio mk2.jpg
349KB, 1024x672px
>>16030636
wait a sec
>>
>>16032639
>bobt
>>
Honestly, I wouldn't mind an EV as a daily driver. Just just give me a bit quiet and comfy sedan like an EV Lexus LS and I'll take one as a boring car to get to work and pick up Chinese food. I'm still driving ICE cars if I wanna have fun though.
>>
>>16032723
NOT GREAT, BOB!
>>
>>16032747
why bother with a car for fun in that situation?

get a motorcycle. infinitely more fun and cheaper.
>>
>>16032294
>long tailpipe fallacy
http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/04/electric-cars

basically, depending on where you are it's comparable to a prius but in most places its way better
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.