[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paddle shifters / Slap shifters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: audi-paddle-installed.jpg (68KB, 550x373px) Image search: [Google]
audi-paddle-installed.jpg
68KB, 550x373px
What does /o/ think of automatic cars with paddle shifters / auto slap shifters?

Gimmick? Has value?
>>
They're somewhat fun, but never as fun as having a manual.

I don't use it as much as I could, though.
>>
Some are better than others.
>>
It kind of helps you stay awake in traffic but the delay is a deal breaker for me, really annoying.
>>
>>16029876
>>16029878

I just got a car with the slap shift and I didn't know if it was just a stupid gimmick. Thanks guys.
>>
>>16029871
Only good in cars with a DCT.
>>
>>16029871
It's basically exactly like manual, and /o/ loves a stick.
>>
>>16029871
Placebo for normies that think they're cool and part of the manual club
>>
Is it useful? Yes when merging I can keep it in the power longer than the computer would, as well it's good for long drives especially on 60 km/h or 80 km/h roads where I can keep it in 5th and get the best gas mileage and helpful when getting out of snow.

That being said, they're never as responsive as a standard, never as much fun and harder to use at Speed around corners as you have to feel with your fingers if >>16029903
your on the correct paddle for a downshift/shift
>>
>>16029933
Didn't mean to link
>>16029903
>>
File: 1476807548266.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1476807548266.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>16029871
>Gimmick? Has value?

The godmachine has them so they are very serious and have all the possible value
>>
If CVTs with simulated shift points actually allowed you to customize your ratios for shorter/longer shifts they might have potential but it would be in like my dad's Nissan Altima so it would still be garbage
>>
>>16029871
Manual<700hp<"zero delay" DCT

for luxobarges, a torque converter auto will do
>>
I sit in traffic for 95% of my driving, but the paddles are nice on weekends. Not the same as a manual for fun driving, but the auto is nice in the every day bumper to bumper traffic I sit in.
>>
>>16029950
>godmachine
it weighs damn near 4k pounds and when you go up to a nismo you are approaching 911 Turbo price territory
>>
They are certainly better than the forward back shifter style toggles but still not as fun as a manual with a clutch
>>
I always use them when driving cars with them. It still gives you more control over how the car drives and how smooth the ride is over a slushboxx.
>>
>>16029871
They are fun in the Evo X, I had them in my GXP, It's kinda fun and you can keep both hands on the wheel when your hauling ass
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.