[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/NG/ - Nissan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: Datsuntruck.jpg (520KB, 660x896px) Image search: [Google]
Datsuntruck.jpg
520KB, 660x896px
Also DDT until it gets back to it's regularly scheduled programming.

Discuss projects, ask questions, find me a fuckin' 810.

Useful links;
>implying we have any

Topic of the day
VR38 vs RB26
>>
I want a hard body and make it good handler for autox maybe but all I'm finding on google are stancefags and drifters
>>
File: 20160817_001224.jpg (39KB, 354x188px) Image search: [Google]
20160817_001224.jpg
39KB, 354x188px
>>16029824
>scumbag general
>>
>>16029846
De-stancing a car is fairly easy if they never bothered dropping the suspension (most don't) take it to a shop your friendly with and ask them to re-align to spec.
>>
I have a 86.5 D21 2.4L, the cat converter is rusted out up top.
Should I just disconnect it from the exhaust and gut the pipe cat?
I read somewhere it only has 1 o2 sensor, and it won't send a code.
>>
>>16029892
>nissan o2 sensors
Dirty secret- They don't fire codes 80% of the time.
Just straight pipe it, or leave it if the noise isn't bothering you. No point in gutting a rusty cat.
>>
>>16029919
no rattling, but goddamn is it loud.
I trigger car alarms it the parking lot,
>>
>>16029824
How much power was that truck pushing when it came out? Too lazy to google it....
>>
>>16029937
Gutting your cat won't make it quieter. Just get a new headers back, or slide on a piece of pipe to straight pipe it.
>>16029946
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datsun_Truck#D21
Like 100hp
>>
There's this guy in my town who has this little old Datsun truck. It's a diesel and has "TURBO" written down the side of the box. Sure as shit you can hear the turbo. I swear it's original, the lettering looks like it's from the 1970s (brown and yellow and looks about 45 years old). The guy driving it is old as dust. Yet there is no info online of there ever being a turbo diesel Nissan truck.
>>
non turbo r32, should I buy it?
would cost me 4 grand, although the suspension/brake setup and wheels are worth 4 grand
downside is it possibly (probably) needs a new gearbox, which will cost ~$500
anyone on here have experience with swapping out a gearbox? seems pretty easy since its not a auto to manual conversion
>>
File: datsun.jpg (140KB, 972x539px) Image search: [Google]
datsun.jpg
140KB, 972x539px
>finally found a stock tub that will fit my 720
>only wants $450 for the whole car
>has a good front bumper too which i also need

If it wasn't 800km's away I'd buy it and complete my almost stock grandpa special
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (477KB, 869x589px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
477KB, 869x589px
>>16031070
swapping out trans on an S30 is just a matter of disconnecting the DS, un bolting it then pulling it out. I dont imagine its much more difficult than that. Might want to replace some seals//clutch//re-surface flywheel// trans mount bushings while you in there.

4k seems really cheap imo even for NA.

on a side note, does anyone here have a fucking chrome driver mirror for a 240z, i've been looking for a while.... if anyone has one sitting around that they dont need.
>>
File: datsun parts.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
datsun parts.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>16031103
>>
>>16031103
>>16031116
hey exafag, haven't seen you in /dat/ for a while, how's the exa going?

>>16031109
>Might want to replace some seals//clutch//re-surface flywheel// trans mount bushings while you in there.
It's been swapped over to an rb20det tranny before, ad mentions the flywheel has been skimmed and theres a new clutch, but i'll be sure to check the mounts and seals out
>4k seems really cheap imo even for NA.
It's quite a good price for a 32, I'm in australia so n/a is all I can drive until the end of next year anyway
>>
>>16031235
Also the problem with the gearbox is that it slips out of 5th, seems sorta weird since usually 2nd or 3rd would go, but i'm still guessing it wouldnt be cheaper to get it rebuilt
best case scenario its only a gearbox boot/shift fork worn out, but i haven't driven it yet

Anyone know much about r32 gearboxes?
>>
>>16031070
There's some smaller parts you'd need for a manual swap, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy. I've done a clutch kit in a different car and removing a transmission isn't too bad, and it was my first time with a bigger project like that. Mine was fwd and rwd cars are much easier. Automatics are usually much heavier so you'll want something to help drop it btw.

That said you could maybe fix the transmission problem without replacing it. Might be some smaller parts causing it, but it does sound like the transmission is out.
>>
>>16031273
it's not auto, the problem is that the gearbox slips out of 5th gear, know anything about this issue?
Since I'm just putting a new box in, is the only part I'll need the gearbox itself?
>>
>>16031282
Shit, misread that haha. Yeah, but you might find some other stuff that needs to be replaced. I would get a new clutch kit in and some good gear oil. Just make sure to look on some forums about this. My old Nissan could only use GL4 gear oil since gl5 would damage the synchromesh. Double check the transmission mounts too when you're in there, mine was fucked (was like $20 for a good one on ebay though).
>>
>>16031282
And it sounds like a gear could be messed up, but double check the shift linkage. Hopefully it's a bad connection or something like that.
>>
File: IMG_20161020_003819.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161020_003819.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>16030556
What country mate, Nissan didn't sell Diesels in the USA with turbos. Iv got a 1983 Nissan 4x4 with the z24. Runs like a champ. Although the computer controlled carb was giving me shit earlier and running rich.
>>
Is it possible to drop the KA24DE from a D22 into an S13?
>>
>>16031235
Haven't touched it
>>
>>16031867
It'll physically fit.
The tranny bellhousing might align.
Mounts/ecu/etc will need to be fabbed/swapped.
>>
File: dsc00628qq.jpg (148KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dsc00628qq.jpg
148KB, 1280x960px
>tfw series 3 bluebirds are almost non existent where i live.

My dad had a TRX when i was a lad and ive loved them ever since.
>>
>>16032063
Cheers
>>
>>16031235
I know that squenctials are like 13k? Hahaha there are several aus companies that have trans parts they making, ill post link later. I would take it, if anything hold onto it for me :p it's only gonna go up in value....
>>
>>16033798
i appologize dude, its all for rebuilding rally s30 trans/
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.