[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill my mom, /o/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: 333.jpg (265KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
265KB, 900x600px
Why do you all hate X1s? Why is it better to just get a hatchback 3-series (if at all). We have 10 years of BMW loyalty so she's going to lease again.

Arguments she has for a light SUV:
>muh height / visibility
>muh crash better
>muh curb weight
>>
>>16028316
Floaty steering and feeling detached from the driving experience. Tall car memes. It's an SUV.
>>
the X1 is nice for normies (read: your mum) but it's definitely not the "ultimate driving machine" as BMW advertises itself
also that's a wagon in your pic, not a hatchback
>>
>>16028316
Also looks terrible in comparison to the 3 series sedan and m series sedans.
>>
Tell her that the x1 is for poorfags
>>
>>16028336
>$35 000 SUV
I don't get how the fuck poorfags afford to own X1s. Especially how they were made in 2009 so they don't even have a second hand market that plentiful.
>>
>>16028316
>SUV
thats a wagon and it looks fucking sexy
would drive kids to soccer practice in
>>
>>16028347
35k isnt a lot of money
>>
>>16028328
w8 are wagons just 4 door hatchbacks?
i thought hatchback was just a total indication for the way the boot is orientated and not the vehicle itself?
>>
>>16028354
I thought poorfags were people who come on here asking for $2000 civics and $5000 miatas.
I've never seen someone come here saying "I have $15 000 for a vehicle". and people be like "$15 000!? buy an X1, you poorfag".
>>
>>16028360
There are more types of poorfags
>>
>>16028316
>muh height / visibility
Slight increase in height has to significant effect on view
>muh crash better
False, more weight and higher tide height = less stability and longer breaking distances
>muh curb weight
What about it? HAES?
>>
>>16028355
Nah a hatchback doesn't have rear windows where the hatch is. A wagon actually extends past the rear axle and is its own section of the car.
>>
>>16028392
Are they just UTEs with tops then? (compared to SUVs which are like truccs with caps)

I'm talking about their handling, ruggedness, and especially length. Never driven a true "wagon" before.

so lemme get this right:
Golf = hatch
Jetta = wagon
>>
Are you paying for it?
No?
Then fuck off.
>>
>>16028410
I don't get this type of attitude. Why don't you want other people to have nice things (especially those directly around you)? Also, they influence the market share so if you thought more about the vehicle purchases, maybe there would be less used car slimes / SUVs roaming North America.

She also asked for direct advice so I'm doing as much research as possible and so is she. Stop the rage, anon. Smoke your item of curiosity.
>>
>>16028419
What would you say if she constantly nagged you to trade your (hypothetical) touge runner shitbox in for a leased corolla?
>>
The sole advantage is the seating height and the marginally easier entry/exit. It's more expensive than an equivalently sized non-crossovered version, safety is pretty much the same across the board and a car that small is going to get fucked exactly as quickly, the ground clearance difference is smaller than you expect and it doesn't have enough traction to redeem itself in >muh winter either, the increased drive height makes it drive slightly worse and it doesn't actually ride high enough to have any appreciable visibility advantage over a well-engineered wagon.

In effect, the only real argument for a crossover like that is personally feeling it's superior for whatever reason. That's it, for additional comedy the current X1 is actually based on the underpinnings of the 1-series and the 3-series is the larger car.
>>
>>16028405
you got that right with the golf and jetta
about ruggedness it depends on the car, a BMW E36 touring is stiffer than the coupe for example, thats why it's widely used among european drifters
>>
>>16028316
>lease

There's no hope
>>
>>16028419
BMW has been shit after the e46, e39, e38 and m coupe. Let her get whatever kind of badgewhore-mobile she wants. And all newer cars are worse than older ones. Leasing is also a terrible financial decision.
>>
>>16028443
The current X1 is based on a FWD platform shared with the Mini (and future 1-series)
The previous X1 was based on the E91
>>
>>16028458
>all newer cars are worse than the older ones
in terms of what?
only the poorest of poorfags actually believe this
>>
>>16028463
Design and driver involvement.
>>
>>16028474
>design
subjective
>driver involvement
there is just as much involmenent in a manual transmission E60 as in the older gen E39, only the E60 has better sound insulation and is slightly nicer to live with daily.
>>
>>16028458
Stupid. Leasing the best thing you can do. Why would you want to get stuck with one car? And pay way more?

This day and age, less ppl are driving anyway.

20-30 years from now, youll be able to hop in any car you want... every car will be a rental. you wont even have to drive the shit... just sit and fap to virtual Instagram twerk videos
>>
>>16028316
Sounds like you mom doesn't give a shit about driving dynamics, just let her buy what she wants. If you absolutely can not allow your mom to buy one of those things just have her test drive a sedan.
>>
File: bmw-x1-m-sport-sdriv-47_1600x0w.jpg (358KB, 1600x920px) Image search: [Google]
bmw-x1-m-sport-sdriv-47_1600x0w.jpg
358KB, 1600x920px
>>16028316
The old X1 was literally a slightly lifted 3 series wagon, I had no problems with it really, it got people to buy it.

The new one not so much.
>>
>>16029288

This. I have one (not the new fwd based one). Bought new. It's well-rounded m80.
>>
File: porsche-cayenne-08.jpg (176KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
porsche-cayenne-08.jpg
176KB, 1200x800px
the X1 is actually kinda decent
you can get it in RWD with the 28i trim and it's just a lifted 1 series hatch so the suspension's alright

why not get a porsche cayenne with warranty? that'll be way more fun to drive
>>
>>16029362
oh fuckt hat's right they did make a new x1 recently
yeah fuck that go for the previous gen
>>
>>16028458
>BMW has been shit after the e46, e39, e38 and m coupe
There is nothing wrong with the E60 or the E90.
>>
>>16028443
>It's more expensive than an equivalently sized non-crossovered version

But it isn't because BMW doesn't sell a wagon for less than like $45k in the US and the only other company selling a wagon is fucking VW.
>>
>>16029631
>the only other company selling a wagon is fucking VW.
Volvo?
>>
>>16029417
The e60 is a shame.
And it's a shame that BMW put the V10 in the E60 and not the F10.
>>
>>16029734
Spent some time in a V60, pretty bland but comfy, definitely feels like a bigger car than it is and not like you're sitting low, might actually be a solid conversion vehicle.

But realistically it's tough to get out the doo isn't a badr in a new one for less than $35k, they depreciate like rocks though (I mean, they're a Chinese company now) so maybe CPO isn't a bad idea.
>>
vw estates are much nicer desu

also the interior in entry-level bmw's a shit
>>
>>16029747
what exactly is wrong with the E60 aside from memes
>>
>>16028316
The X1 is actually a nice car for the price, it's just here in Australia they only put pitifully weak engines in them.
>>
>>16028316
If visibility is an issue, you might wanna look at smaller cars.
Crash safety being better is a meme.
Lighter cars are invariably bettter
>>
>>16028360
Poor is relative.
>>
>>16031965
Every fucking single thing in this world is relative
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.