[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell have I done, I think I blew $7500 dollars.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: dsc00010.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
dsc00010.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
Well /o/, I've fucked up entirely. I think I fucked up my life and my parents are ready to boot me out of the house, this is all because of /o/'s favorite meme car, the AE86.

My parents gave me spending money for graduating college with a score higher than a 3.5 GPA. I truly thought hard on what to spend the cash on and I was browsing craigslist's for weeks, then my parents suggested a nice sporty car that wouldn't break down on me. Lo and behold, I thought an AE86 would be a perfect car, especially after browsing /o/ throughout my college life.

So I began the hunt and went through countless rust boxes, "I know what I've got", "No low ballers" and "I know what've got!". After growing tired of searching I found the perfect "cheap one", it looked like a steal. I went to pay the owner a visit, it was some old lady whose husband had passed away and had the car sitting for quite a while, she didn't specify how long but it didn't matter to me being the dumbass I was, I didn't even ask what engine it was, where the rust spots were or any specific important questions about it. I bought the car straight away with pure emotion, I spent $7,500 fucking dollars.
>mfw I found out the car had the weaker 4AC engine and an actual 4AGE. Car looks like pic related.

>mfw police pulled me over due to the boot flying open from a rusty hatch

>mfw my uncle said the head gaskets are going to blow at any second

>mfw my life is over.
>>
Well, yes, you ducked up. Repair it and start saving up to engine swap it.

Also, quit whining. No one likes a whiny bitch.
>>
>head gaskets
>head
>gaskets

This is where your story falls to shit OP, you lying faggot
>>
This is like the third thread I've seen just like this in the past month.

What an fuck.
>>
end yourself op. thats what you get for falling for some shitty meme.
>>
>>16020693
>I remember when you couldn't give those shitboxes away in the states.
>>
>this copypasta again
>>
>>16020701
People keep falling for the meme I suppose?
>>
>>16020701
that's because nobody on this board knows about cars and are actually 17 years old children who got their first car (which is a 30 year old shitbox I may add) from an anime.
>>
>>16020701
Its a pasta you tard.
>>
>>16020693
bread on engine or gtfo
>>
>people notice this pasta right away despite being relatively new

>noone notices the 4 GTR shilling threads that alphonse has currently up

stay classy
>>
>>16020693
Bait or not, what's stopping you from buying a 4AGE and swapping it in?
>>
>>16020693
>forced pasta
>>
>>16020693
>looks like pic related

Either post the pic of your car, with hoodbread, or fuck right the fuck off with this made up bullshit.
>>
File: 1463177063943.jpg (189KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463177063943.jpg
189KB, 600x800px
>>16020693
>graduate college first rate
>get a job offer immediately afterwards in one of the hardest industries
>hope i get some sort of monetary reward for that so I can buy an MR2
>get "ok nice" from parents
>grandparent gives me a grand which I have to spend on tools of the trade
>have to save up for a solid year on the job before I can get an MR2
>mfw others get new cars and restaurant visits and shit
>mfw I only get "ok"

I mean they don't have to since I allready am thankful for being able to study abroad but they are rich as fuck and buy themselves new cars every few years
>>
>>16020693
If it's not your daily, treat it as a project. Save your money and fix the rust, then keep your eye out for replacement parts and save for a 4AGE or whatever engine you want.
>>
>>16020693
>Anything that remotely resembles your picture
>$7500
Dumbass...
>/o/'s favorite meme car
>Not a Miata
wat
>parents suggested a nice sporty car that wouldn't break down on me
>Buys used up, rusty, 30-year-old shitbox
>Even considering a 30-year-old rusty shitbox that's been sitting for who knows how long as reliable
Seems legit.
>old lady
>had the car sitting for quite a while
Oh boy.
>Didn't even look under the hood before buying it
This story reeks of bullshit.

0/10, would not read again. Here's your (You), now get out and don't come back.
>>
File: 1200x900.jpg (184KB, 1133x850px) Image search: [Google]
1200x900.jpg
184KB, 1133x850px
>>16020767
AE85 has drum rear brakes, worse transmission and no LSD (although that's an option even on the 86). So you would have to replace at least 4 components. Don't know about differences in chassis and suspension, but in the show when Takumi passes some guys while driving Itsuki's 85 they comment on it's terrible body roll. So basically, you'd have to overwork most of the car which is only viable if you're gonna use it for track racing.

Look what I found on sale, riced 85 turboboosted to 290 hp.
>>
>This is the fourth copypasta of the SR5 AE85 in the last two weeks
>>
>>16020794
My parents were the same way, and in a similar financial position
Sack it the fuck up u spoiled little shit
>>
>>16020693
>dollars
>calls trunk "boot"

Idontthinksotim.jpg

At least decide what country you are going to pretend to be from before you make up a retarded shitpost
>>
>>16020954
Did you miss the head gaskets part?
>>
>>16020711
post the AWD MR2 one again desu!
>>
>>16020957
No, I didn't feel the need to repeat what someone else already mentioned.
>>
The 4AGE has head gasket issues. I have a passion for first gen MR2s. They're just fun little cars. MIdengine RWD is just a fun platform and the MR2 allows you to do it more affordably than a Porsche. I've owned 3 of them. All three have blown head gaskets, a head gasket job is fairly easy. Just get a helms manual and a new head gasket, valve cover gasket, plugs, wires ect. You bought a 30 year old car. You couldn't have expected it to be turn key right? Stop whining and start learning to work on it because you have a lot to replace. The whole car will need bushings. It likely needs shocks as the stock ones are garbage. Start reading old forum posts and learn the typical issues since you didn't before you bought it...
>>
At least you took out the cv axle part, it'll be passable eventually
>>
Yes the 4AC has the same issues.
>>
>>16020972
haha, thats pretty good. drop the name though, too obvious.
>>
You used the wrong picture this time
>>
>>16020991
I've used the name on here awhile. I just haven't been on in YEARS.
The name might be obvious to people who know me but I'm a nobody. So really. Not obvious.
>>
tarbo it
>>
>>16020953
I know but everyone elses graduation got my hopes up for a mr2
>>
>>16021036
nah, youre comment had the right mix of arrogance and idiocy to get good (you)'s but when you see the name its just eh, obvious bait.
>>
>>16021078
Or the SC from the supercharged MKi MR2. That's more of an easy button.
>>
>>16020693
at least your steering wheel is on the wrong side
>>
>>16021091
Idiocy? How? I am speaking from straight experience.
>>
Sonny, jokes are funny the first times they are told. You already posted it about 4 times in the past month.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.