[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Engine Swap Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I'm putting a new 1.8T into my little smurfette this weekend. It's had low compression since I bought it. A few people tell me it's gonna be night and day difference between speed, power and smoother throttle, how true is that?

Also general engine swapping. Old to new or big upgrades.

>Inb4 I'm just replacing an engine
It's actually my stepping stone to big turbo builds. The bottom end was completely rebuilt with IE parts and has replacement studs from APR.
>>
Is it an actual new engine (longblock)?
Are you replacing the turbo?
Does your current turbo not hit full boost anymore?

It may not be that big of a difference. Certainly the smart thing to do before going high-boost though.

Looks nice.
>>
I had my 2.0 TFSI rebuilt because it had bad complression on 2 cylinders. Burns a lot less oil, runs smoother, feels good man.

Why not upgrade to a bigger engine that doesn't use a timing belt?
>>
>>16018710
>VAG in charge of timing chains

Trolling aside, the 1.8T is a solid enough engine.
>>
I'm graduating in the spring and have a reliable DD, am I crazy for wanting a geo metro frame as a project and throwing a hayabusa motorcycle engine into it?

>1500 curb weight
>250~ hp
>>
>>16018738
if you have a deathwish sure
>>
File: drift king.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
drift king.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>16018759
>not wanting to go out in a glorious understeer off the side of a cliff in the Akina toe gay
>not wanting to ride shiny and chrome in Nip duriftu valhalla
>>
bampu
>>
>>16018710
I don't get all the shit for timing belts.

They have to be changed more often, but they are WAY easier to change.
>>
>>16018289
nice car man
>>
>>16018289
>1.8T

That thing better be new or you should have full trust in whoever took care of it before hand because they can get really screwy without proper maintenance.
>>
>>16022666
The new block had a complete bottom end rebuild, it says so in the OP.
>>
>>16018289
It'd fairly true that if you had low compression before, you will have and feel much more power than before. Blow by was probably an issue and with it being turboed, that is amplified meaning even less power.

If you want swap advice, build up advice, or stories as away. Just got started on another build for the Fury and it should be done, money willing, in about 3 weeks to a month. May keep it in through winter though if we get the flash freeze they are calling for.
>>
File: IMG_2188.jpg (1MB, 2600x1881px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2188.jpg
1MB, 2600x1881px
>>16018289
Lovely blue but not a fan of the bonnet bra. Couldn't you use a clear plastic film to do the same job?

Pic is my Edition 30 GTI
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.