[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do beauty covers exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 100_15281.jpg (1MB, 3264x2176px) Image search: [Google]
100_15281.jpg
1MB, 3264x2176px
Why do beauty covers exist?
>>
Because wires and tubes are scary.
>>
To scare the non-wrenching simpletons from trying to do anything on their engin, intimidate them and tell them only a certified "technician" could open the branded boxes.
>>
- normies are scared of engines
- noise damping
- literally fucktons of electronics wrapping the whole engine in cobwebs of electrical wires which looks ugly to most
>>
>>16015931
I think it looks great. Sure, sometimes there's nothing better than seeing the block itself work it's magic but there is something about nicely designed covers that makes me really like them.
>>
Increases labor times.
>>
>>16015991
>taking off 3 snapped-in plastic covers increases labor times
>>
>Modern engines are ugly
>It stops retards putting screen wash in their engine.
>>
File: 27-2012-porsche-911-fd.jpg (354KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
27-2012-porsche-911-fd.jpg
354KB, 1280x850px
>"I have just read another web site about the night mare to replace the oil & air filters on the new 991. To replace the oil filter, the rear spoiler must be removed. To replace the air filter, the rear spoiler, tail lights and rear bumper must be removed."

Makes the $300 oil change seem like a bargain
>>
>>16016032
It's like those Audis where you have to take then entire front off the car to change the timing belt.
>>
>>16016000
well yeah obviously you fucking dunce
>>
File: 33020312[1].jpg (81KB, 400x258px) Image search: [Google]
33020312[1].jpg
81KB, 400x258px
>>
>>16016066
>literally one fucking second is a long time
>>
>>16016045
>these cars are now of an age where all the screws and bolts on the front end are rust as fuck
>owner thinks their 15 year old audi is still in perfect condition and demand we take extra care
This is why mechanics change careers.
>>
>>16016032
Fuck, I want a porchse so fucking much right now

One of the best all around sports cars senpai, damn im trying to save money senpai
>>
>>16016074
who said that? Are you implying that a second isn't a unit of time? Or that adding extra time doesn't increase it? come on now pal
>>
>>16016045

The timing chain system on Audi's 4.2 V8 is in the back. When the tensioners inevitably fail you will have 3 choices, all of which require the engine being pulled because it's impossible to access any of this shit while it's in the car. You can replace the parts yourself, or you can drop in a "new" engine because they both cost about the same to do (good luck doing either of those things). Or you can pay Audi technicians anywhere from 3k up to service it, although paying double or triple that isn't out of the question
>>
>>16016386
Fun fact, they went to chains because people complained about the belts that required the front to come off.
>>
Noise control

Most are used as wire guides

Scare idiots away from touching naything

>>16016032
It's almost like my fucking motorcycle

>to replace the air filter you must
>remove the side fairings, front fairing (if you don't want to fucking scratch it), and gas tank, followed by the gas tank bracket, caring to not displace or lose the rubber grommets and very carefully remove the hoses from the petcock, remove the junction box/battery clip combo, and then, finally, unbolt the air filter housing
>spark plugs and carbs require all that and are blocked by heavy tubes for the emissions control system
>some models have additional tubes on the gas tank
>>
>>16016557
kek, for me its unbolt cover, replace filter, screw cover back on.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.