[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decision Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: decisions.jpg (368KB, 2026x633px) Image search: [Google]
decisions.jpg
368KB, 2026x633px
Now that they're roughly the same price - (and usually the 2.2L Turbo Esprit can be found much cheaper), which is the better buy?

Legendary handling vs. legendary reliability thread gogogo
>>
>>16015358
The nsx.
Esprits are unreliable
>>
>>16015358
The nsx will resell at a better price and the esprit will break.
>>
Remember though, the 4cyl turbo is about half the price of a nice NSX. The 8cyl twin turbo is about the same price as an NSX.

Also, I've heard that the esprit is pretty easy to wrench on.
>>
I always thought that Espirit is one of the most gorgeous vehicles of the time. I love the proportions and the intakes behind the cockpit.

I think the NSX is one of the ugliest MR cars. The very front of it looks great, better than the Espirit even, but the rear doesn't look MR and is like a childs drawing. The cockpit sticks up so high. It looks like 3 different cars put together.

But I'd probably take the NSX for reliability and that they'll hold their value better. And it's lighter.
>>
if you are taller than 5'5" you will not fit in the esprit.

Fantastic car though.
>>
If you only want to look at it and drool, the Esprit hands down. If you actually want to drive the thing it's gonna have to be the Honda.
>>
>>16015651
Fatt Marah drove one, he fit just fine. It had a sunroof though.
>>
NSX for sure.
>>
As much as I love the NSX. The V8 esprit is a work of art.

The engine note is glorius, it makes the power it looks to make (unlike the NSX). The lines are gorgeous.

Also they aren't as unreliable as everyone thinks. Very well engineered machines.
>>
Definitely the Esprit. I'd take it over a mid-engined Accord any day.
>>
Redpill me on the Lotus, /o/. From what I'm seeing they're a bargain, and they're not all that unreliable - as long as you're anal about maintenance.
>>
The NSX seems better for everyday driving, I'd get the NSX if I wanted to actually drive the thing, the Esprit for display and the ocasional sunday drive.
>>
>>16015358
The lotus is very cramped up front. You sit with your legs angled towards the middle of the car to make room for the front wheel well.

The Lotus is cool, but I would own the NSX over the Lotus.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
10KB, 259x194px
Esprit has a better interior. Looks like an actual expensive car. Nsx is boring japanese to the core
>>
>>16017859
the nsx has a pretty neat interior
leather, slanted dashboard and low seating position that makes it feel like a fighter jet cockpit
>>
>>16017899
The NSX has literally Honda tier interior.
>>
>>16015358
Esprit only because they are infinitely cooler than NSX's.
>>
how is this thread not mobbed with britfags idk

castin' my vote for esprit
>>
The Turbo Esprit was decades ahead of its time, only now are automakers coming around to building light, forced induction/small displacement cars.

iirc the i4 turbo gets something like 33mpg highway lol
>>
>>16017829
Lotus build quality isn't EXACTLY up to par with larger car manufacturers. That shouldn't be a big issue though because most Esprits were bought by old dudes who babied them. It's still not a car anyone should ever daily.

The V8 TT was originally tuned for something north of 500 hp, but the wimpy Renault transmission couldn't handle that power so it was detuned to 350hp.

Basically the NSX is easier to live with and more classic, but the Esprit is faster stock, has more tuning potential, and is more exotic. Both are great cars with top-tier MR handling.
>>
>>16017938
>the Honda has a Honda tier interior
men u dump
>>
>>16018091
Are there alternatives to the Renault trans, or a way to beef up the existing trans?
>>
>>16018130
The point is that a supercar should have a super interior, not Japanese plastic fantastic featuring off-the-shelf Honda parts.
>>
>>16018133
It's not like it was snek tier, it was a clean design. Nothing too flashy or expensive looking but it wasn't a literal Civic inside
>>
>>16018131
I've never looked into it before, but a cursory google search tells me there's a few companies that can upgrade the Renault UN-1 transmission. People are also fond of swapping in a Porsche G50 transmission, which is commonly used in MR kit cars.

These pages might help you:
http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2010/addressing-the-lotus-esprit-v8s-weak-gearbox/
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/what-transmission-could-replace-un1-111281/
>>
>>16018194
Ah, thank you. I'll look into that. As well as looking for a V8 Esprit.

It's kind of shocking how much of a bargain these cars are.
>>
>>16015358
I don't care that the NSX is the "smarter" choice. I'd have the Esprit by a longshot
>>
>>16015358
I'll take a car that runs over a car that doesn't.
>>
>>16018745
I'll take your mom.
>>
http://www.lotusespritworld.com/ERoadtests/SEv911v348vNSX_Car90.html

the lotus has a worse chassis, a tacky, cramped interior, understeers, has a less exciting engine, and it's slower (unless maybe you got the v8, which is probably more expensive?)

the nsx is the better deal, by far
>>
>>16015358
>a pure bred sports car vs a civic with a misplaced engine
It isn't that hard of a choice anon
>>
>>16019589
>unless maybe you got the v8, which is probably more expensive?
hardly

1997 Esprit V8 27k miles $35,000: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/5834045497.html
1992 NSX 63k miles $48,000: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/5829204697.html

Rice tax is a hell of a drug
>>
File: this-lotus-esprit-v8-is.jpg (1MB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
this-lotus-esprit-v8-is.jpg
1MB, 2000x1125px
>>16015471
The NSX looks more dated because it's "greenhouse" is taller, while the Esprit has more timeless super-car proportions.

Only JDM fans care about the NSX, the general population won't even think it's mid-engine or exotic. The general population can't tell the difference between an Esprit, Diablo, or Ferrari F355... but at least they'll recognize the Esprit is exotic (and many will think it's more expensive than it really is). A few might even recognize the Esprit as "the car from James Bond" or "the car from Pretty Woman", which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>16019589
>has a less exciting engine
>twin turbo v8
>less exciting than a plain jane NA V6 with some fancy internals
>>
>>16020814
Pretty much.

I'd still like both, not caring what anyone thinks. They're both two cars I like a lot. The NSX because it's actually a great car, superior to many "exotics" of the time. The others because they actually look and sound good.
>>
>>16020900
That review is from 1990, when the highest trim Esprit still had a turbo 4.
>>
>>16022634
What review? I didn't read that shit. There was a V8 Esprit, so I'm using that in my comparison.
>>
>>16024296
>What review? I didn't read that shit. There was a V8 Esprit, so I'm using that in my comparison.
The one the guy you replied to posted?
>>
>>16024306
Can you read? I said I didn't read that shit
>>
>>16024325
But the guy you replied to did, and that's why he said it has a less exciting engine. He was talking about the turbo 4, not the V8 TT. But you failed at reading comprehension and went "lol no ur wrong" for no reason.
>>
>>16024355
No, he's a retard for disregarding the V8 TT model
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.