[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal US Imports (25 years and older)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: SOARER_resize.jpg (166KB, 580x383px) Image search: [Google]
SOARER_resize.jpg
166KB, 580x383px
I'm guessing most of you anons know about the shitty rules around importing cars into the US. Other than some weird exceptions with Mexico and Canada and show cars, we can't really import cars here unless they're at least 25 years old. So post some legal imports here.
>>
>>16014426
And you burgers call other nations cucks
>>
>>16015544
>Shit posting about cucks
>Doesn't own a gun
Seriously though our importation rules suck here. In Canada they basically have it the same but with a 15 year rule (which is way better). I mean if I really wanted to, I live in a state where I could smuggle in a newer car and register it without issue. But if I ever got caught they'd fucking crush it probably levy some crazy fines and maybe jail time. I just want some actually ideas on decent cars 25+ years old that would be worth importing.
>>
>>16014426
Stop confusing import with register

You can import anything.

Fuck this annoys me.
>>
>>16015544
it's all done for euro reasons m8

>muh safety
>muh emissions
>>
File: autozam_az1_mazda_speed_94_2.jpg (84KB, 549x412px) Image search: [Google]
autozam_az1_mazda_speed_94_2.jpg
84KB, 549x412px
>>16016426
Why would you import a car if you can't legally drive it?

>>16014426
I am thinking about bringing over pic related. But I also need an FD RX7 in my collection.
>>
>>16016426
If you bring it in before it's legal and mark it as for demonstration purposes you can't legally register it when it turns 25. Not to mention it's only allowed in temporarily. I mean if you want to nitpick go ahead, but I actually like the option of driving my cars on roads.
>>
File: Mazda_Eunos_Cosmo(20B).jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda_Eunos_Cosmo(20B).jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>16016510
That seems like a fun car. Also love those FD RX7s. You ever see the Eunos Cosmo? I think it was the sister car to the rx7 and it had a triple rotor engine with 300 hp. I think the motor was a popular swap on the rx7s too.
>>
>>16016728
>>16016510
For off highway use. Not everyone is a traffic baby.
>>
File: eunos-cosmo-9.jpg (254KB, 2000x990px) Image search: [Google]
eunos-cosmo-9.jpg
254KB, 2000x990px
>>16016769
>I think it was the sister car to the rx7
The chassis is completely different. Also it came before the fd.
>>
File: trabant-driving-149.jpg (199KB, 1070x713px) Image search: [Google]
trabant-driving-149.jpg
199KB, 1070x713px
Unless there's some weird law that I'm unaware of making two stroke imports illegal.
>>
>>16016426
>You can import anything.
Tell that to customs, because they assume that if you import a car you'll want to drive it.
>>
>>16016796
The front looks like a sneaky cartoon fox
>>
>>16014426
You faggots shouldn't be allowed to import anything, you just run everything with your garbage "just ls swap it" and #JDMBRAH ideas. Plus none of you can drive manual, plus you drive on the wrong side of the road (and wouldn't be able to use your precious drive through), so you morons clearly only do it for the "streetcred".
>>
>>16017289
>WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>YOU FAGGOT BURGERS
>WWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry, what was your point again?
>>
>>16017305
Stop ruining cars, since you clearly have no respect for their design.
>>
>>16016769
Yeah the Cosmo is pretty slick. Saw a Youtube video of a guy driving one with the boost cranked up. Might have done a single turbo swap because the turbo lag was awful lol. Nothing..nothing...nothing then just bouncing off the rev limiter in every gear.

>>16017289
I wouldn't mod the AZ-1, I would keep it pretty stock. Having the steering wheel on the other side is kind of putting me off though, and not because of drive throughs I would just go in through the exit.
>>
>>16017322
>implying all Americans do this
m8, I'm Dutch but even I know this isn't the case
>>
>>16016399
>they'd fucking crush it probably levy some crazy fines and maybe jail time

Can someone tell me why these laws exist? If it were up to me, I would allow anyone to import anything as long as they are not going to use it for malicious purposes.
>>
>>16016510
>But I also need an FD RX7 in my collection.
Fucking buy mine so I can do other things
>>
>>16017657
Look up gray market imports and mercedes
>>
>>16016785
You're not really allowed to import a car under 25 years if it doesn't meet the standards here. It's allowed temporarily but under very specific conditions. That's even if you don't register it, that said you could probably get away with a car from Canada garaged and not register without much trouble.

Also not everyone lives where you're constantly stuck in traffic. My area has tons of places to cruise.
>>
>>16016785
You're not really allowed to import a car under 25 years if it doesn't meet the standards here. It's allowed temporarily but under very specific conditions. That's even if you don't register it, that said you could probably get away with a car from Canada garaged and not register without much trouble. Check the actual customs website if you actual care to know.
>https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car

Also not everyone lives where you're constantly stuck in traffic. My area has tons of places to cruise.
>>
>>16016796
Yeah, never looked into it too much, but it would be an amazing car to drive. Knew it started before the FD, just thought it was a sister car or something.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.