[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get This... I Need Yugo Help... Yeah. I Know.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1097.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1097.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
So... Yeah... I have a 1988 Yugo GVL. I know, Haha. But seriously, I need some help. We just brought it in this weekend and the carburetor was fixed along with the fuel pump. That was the major issue, but here's another issue I found. When the car is in neutral it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to push. Now keep in mind that the Yugo GVL weighs 1,500lbs and even with me, my dad, and his friend, we can only get it a few inches, and even then it is SUPER HARD. Also, when it is put into either drive (1st gear, as it is a manual) or reverse, it requires EXTREME gas to make it just start to go. When i put my foot to the floor the engine will start to rev, getting higher and higher, and higher until you think that its gonna like blow up or something and then the engine noise goes super low again and the car starts to move in the direction that it was put to go towards i.e.: Reverse, drive. My question, is what is going on? is it something with the brakes? Or something completely different, and whatever it is, how do I deal with it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Below i will dump some pics of the car, in hopes that it will help. Thanks! :-)

P.S. At the time of posting this it is 11:46 P.M. so any questions or requests will take a few hours for a response, i do plan of adding a video of the cars issue (the drive reverse thing) in the future.
>>
File: IMG_0361.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0361.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>
Maybe the throttle is sticky? If its taking too long to rev. Maybe its a compression problem? Im not a mechanic so this is just assumption
>>
>>16014330
Greatly appreciated I'll let this post go for a while so anyone and everyone who is willing to help is able to. Thanks! :-)
>>
>>16014284
Brakes sticking or gearbox is fucked.

Wait, does it have tires?
>>
>>16014360
Yes it has tires all four are on, in fairly good quality and well inflated along with a spare in the same condition
>>
Most likely a stuck e-brake. Raise it up, check which wheels are spinning freely and which aren't. You'll probably find that there's not much resistance from the driven wheels with the shifter in neutral.
>>
>>16014415
No, I don't think that a stuck e-brake would do it. Because when i put it in neutral when I plan on pushing it, I always lower the e-brake and same goes when I put it in 1st gear or reverse. But who knows, you probably know better than me, either way, the input is greatly appreciated! :-)
>>
>>16014445
e brake is probably stuck, or brakes are fucked. check pads/rotors, see if the calipers are seized, bleed the lines just to be safe.
>>
>>16014454
Thanks friend! I'll make sure to take that into consideration. Thanks for the info.
>>
Once again to everyone I do plan on posting a video of the Yugo trying to drive tomorrow. Stay tuned for that! Hopefully that helps a bit withdraw hoeing the possible issue.
>>
Long shot, but maybe your brake slave cylidner is stuck, or perhaps your brakes are rusted onto the caliper?
>>
>>16014466
Fucking auto correct WITH DETERMINING. Not with drawhoeing wtf
>>
>>16014466
lift car with jack one wheel at a time and try to spin them, see what dosent spin and you have your culprit
>>
>>16014284

Your brakes are stuck, just spray with wd-40 generously and retry.
>>
>>16014664

My friends grandfather had similar symptoms , he thought that the engine was on it's deathbed.
After a month of raping the poor car he brought it to the local mechanic who recognised that the problem was in stuck brakes. Probably rusted onto calliper as one anon suggested .

Anyhow feel free to ask things, I own a Yugo 45 so I might be of some help.
>>
>>16014513
>>16014664
>>16014675
Thanks guys! Looks like the issue is brakes but still, I do plan on posting a video probably on YouTube just to be extra sure because I read somewhere that 4Chan doesn't allow sound, so I'll link that here tonight.
>>
Ok, I'll probably be around at some point.
As far as I know 4chan will allow sound.
>>
>>16015301
Ok I figure it out somehow lol
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.