[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so I just got orders for CA I am a Florida resident and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Okay so I just got orders for CA

I am a Florida resident and still have 2 years left on my tags. I drive a 2009 Mustang GT with cams, longtubes and a cai. Is there any way to be able to drive this in CA without getting fucked? Will I get tickets? Do I have to register my car with CA or can I just leave it with FL registration and keep my mods? I have cats but they are aftermarket high flow cats.
>>
>implying anyone follows the rules
>>
It will pass smog at most shops, just go to a test only, they aren't going to bust your balls
>>
The car can be registered in FL as lot as you remain a resident. So you can't be held accountable for the CA emissions and modification rules

t. Tennessee resident in Maryland, fuck emissions tests
>>
>>16011963
As far as they're concerned, you're just passing through the state
>>
>>16011963
How long can I remain a FL resident?
>>
>>16011912
If you plan on being a Californian resident you must register your car at the DMV.

If you are passing through they wont give a shit.
>>
>>16012010
As long as you're paying state taxes and continue to register your license with your home state. Military doesn't change residency every time you PCS
>>
>>16012010
legally 6 months.
maybe a year.

wtf do you care? just show up and wait for your shit to run out.
>>
File: 1471200262057.jpg (125KB, 1375x749px) Image search: [Google]
1471200262057.jpg
125KB, 1375x749px
>living in the gigacucked state of california
>>
>>16011912
> orders
Pretty sure you're exempt as military if you want to be. California will rape you on registration and tax if you bring a car there as a transplant, but you prob don't even need to get a dl much less fuck up your car reg and title
>>
>>16012065
>legally 6 months.
>maybe a year.
That civillian rules chicken shit
>>
>>16011941
>It will pass smog at most shops
>cams
No it won't.
>>
>>16012179
>California will rape you on registration and tax if you bring a car there as a transplant
No..
>>
>>16011963
>The car can be registered in FL as lot as you remain a resident.
Nope. CA law is 10 days.
>>
>>16012191

no this is true. but there are small "shops" around van nuys and stuff that do vehicle registration for CA and all you do is tip the guy.

got my car registered for like $100
>>
>>16012227
$100 is normal..
>>
>>16012199
Not if he's military.
There are specific forms on each states motor vehicle departments website for out of state military.
Florida will mail their tags to his California address every year, forever.
>>
>>16012199
it's 20 days and that's only after you become a resident. meaning u have to vote or do your taxes or go to school or something.
>>
File: IMG_0347.jpg (316KB, 1434x1076px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0347.jpg
316KB, 1434x1076px
Listen fagg, I'm in, and have been stationed in sd for roughly 8 years.

Nobody that gets stationed here from outside registers their shit here. Keep your fl license and registration for the love of god.

You won't have to comply with smog laws if you keep fl plates...it's not rocket surgery.

Where you got orders to?

Pic related
>>
>>16013280
Coronado NSW base

So the police won't fuck with me either for having mods?
>>
>>16013302
Police will only fuck with you if you're doing illegal shit.

If you do get pulled over, there's a very small chance they'll ask you to open the hood.

If they do ask you to open the hood, it still doesn't matter because you don't have to follow CA smog laws.
>>
Just don't register your car in CA and you'll have no problems at all
>>
>>16013302
I have a buddy here in SD that drives a 2014 Tacoma with TRD supercharger and dual straight pipes. Been pulled over once for noise but got away since he has Florida plates. You're fine.
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (918KB, 1400x868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
918KB, 1400x868px
>>16013302
What's your rate fag?

And no, I've never seen cops fuck with any of the out of state guys. I suppose they might if you have some seriously fucked shit, but like I said, 8ish years, not one issue
>>
>>16013336
>>16013368
Ahh okay, gotcha. Do SD police care about window tinting btw? Is it a big deal over there?

>>16013415
Rating is SO, got orders for SD after prep.
>>
>>16013452
Sweet. Enjoy it on strand. It's nice. Actual surf sucks shit, but watching the fog roll over Point Loma is nice.

Not so, I'm am, however, I work at the joint just up the road and ferrys you fags overseas.

Maybe I'll see you in pacom sometime.
>>
>>16013529
Yeah man, if you ever see a cammed bright red GT with black wheels that's me. How's life in general in SD? Any things to look out for on base and such? Any go-to places and places to avoid?
>>
My car got towed here in California because the tags were 7 months expired. Be careful OP, this state is really fucky with car registration.
>>
File: IMG_0323.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0323.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>16013596

I'm pretty easy to spot generally. I drive an under shitbox ranger, or a giant diesel silveraydo 3500.

Hard to say what to do/not do without background on age/married/etc.

Overall? Sd is laid back as fuck for a city of a million people. There's a bunch of places a few minutes from each other that vary greatly.

Ob-hippies, homeless, decent surf
Pb-homeless, decent surf, college/bro party spot, but chill during the day
Ib-beaners and mil families, tweakers, but cleaning up.

I guess that covers beach towns. There's La Jolla and shit but its too expensive for us commoners. La Jolla cove has good snorkeling when vis is good.

Downtown/gaslamp can be fun, but it's touristy and expensive as fuck. I feel like I only go for a shitty thing like a friend getting out and it's the last get together, spend $150 on drinks, almost get in fights, and it's not worth it. It can be good, but I overall avoid it.

Sd has food from almost every ethnicity there is, minus Scandinavian, which is a bummer to me, family and such. Go fucking eat food. Ethiopian, and Nepalese are about my favorite.

Outdoors wise, ocean, mountains, and desert are within a couple hours of each other. Pick a hobby, then another, then another, ad nauseum, that's what I did. It's all here.
>>
>>16013452
I'm sure tinted windows are fine, again, so long as you're sporting out-of-state plates
>>
File: IMG_0467.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0467.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Sorry if I ramble, but I'm drunk as fuck, and wish I had more info when I got here.
For avoiding? Don't go under the bridge, where that stupid drunk fuck just crashed his truck and killed 4 people. It's shitty down there in barrio Logan.

We have a trolley system, but it sucks shit, avoid it.
>>
>>16013452
They do care about window tinting but it's not a big deal. You can tint the rear three windows as dark as you want but it's technically illegal to tint the front three. But you can easily do a light tint on the front side windows and get away with it.

I used to drive a modded M3 with tinted windows including the front sides and got pulled over plenty of times for breaking traction. One time the cop noticed it and told me to get rid of it but he didn't actually give me a fix-it ticket so I just kept it. No problems.
>>
>>16013685
The trolley is okay if you're not in a hurry and only take the Green Line
>>
>>16013725
You win there, mostly, green line can still be shit depending on where you're at. I had a dude try to start shit with me at the trolley after a chokers game because I'm white. So there's that.
>>
>>16013647
>Ethiopian food
As much of an oxymoron as this is, I've tried it before too and it's actually bretty gud.
>>
>>16013745
Yeah after games it gets pretty bad but otherwise I haven't had too many problems. For a while I was taking it from El Cajon to SDSU pretty regularly so that's the section that I'm more familiar with
>>
>>16013758
I used to live not too far from sdsu. Wife went there. Now I live in santee. For all the klantee jokes and shit about it, it actually is a decent place. I like east county.
>>
>>16012045
>>16011912

You are exempt as military and thus, California can eat a dick.
>>
>>16013757
For real. The first time I heard Ethiopian food, I had no idea what to think. After having it a shitload of times, I still don't have a clue how to accurately describe it, but damn it's delicious.
>>
>>16013775
Yeah dude I've lived in East County for a good part of my life. Not a bad place despite all the shit people say about it
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.