[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tesla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: tesl.jpg (230KB, 2100x1386px) Image search: [Google]
tesl.jpg
230KB, 2100x1386px
Thoughts on the tesla?
>>
>>16011335
car
>>
more like appliance
>>
>>16011335
>ask /o/utist about a 90k car
>>
Meme car not making any more cars after next year, Elon is a fraud
>>
>>16011335
For the money you pay, you should get a way, way nicer interior.
>>
File: Twesla_Model3.jpg (110KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Twesla_Model3.jpg
110KB, 640x426px
can't wait to get a Model 3 like this one.
>>
>an entire design division thought that this looked good
>>
it's a step in the right direction but the electric models of other companies are already better, tesla has no idea what interior styling is. it's essentially a functional prototype for the future.
>>
>>16011603
depends on what you mean exactly.

I've already spotted a couple concept cars that went with the similar minimalism meme + giant ipad in the middle.

as sad as it might be, I guess they're spot on with their progressive designs.
>>
>>16011614
just in terms of electric vehicles, it's almost certainly going to be the majority of vehicles in the next 1-2 decades, maybe a little longer, the only remaining gas/diesel cars are going to be in poor countries or performance cars
>>
>>16011627
yeah, I think so too.
everything we have now will be taxed to hell and back to get it off the streets.
>>
>>16011335
Iphone on wheels
>>
Model 3 is gonna change the world. It's the catalyst for a giant movement.
>>
>>16011627
I agree, but even performance cars (at least a few) will also be electric. EV's are pretty quick especially the few "built" ones i've seen. Either way it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.
>>
They make batteries not cars.
>>
The DeLorean of our time.
>>
>>16011335
Id get one if I could afford it.
>>
>>16011335
Meme
>>
They really need to work on the interior design.

The cabin simply does not feel like a $80K car.
>>
>>16011803
EVs will still be heavy as hell for a while. Terrible for endurance races (battery depletes really fast enough under high load). Terrible cornering (heavy) etc.
>>
>>16011335
The Apple of car manufacturers. Tech products to people who know nothing about them and feel superior for owning things.
>>
>>16011335
I can't imagine them lasting more than a couple years. Battery replacements and electronic part replacement will be expensive
>>
When are they going to make a 2-door performance car? None of the other bull, just fast, handling, and all that other shit
>>
>>16016279
Because they are heavy as balls and would be terrible sports cars. Handling would be terrible.
>>
>>16016279
The tesla roadster existed, but it was built using the Lotus chassis. It was 800 lbs heavier and much slower. All of the tesla cars with decent power are extremely heavy.
>>
>>16016283
Yeah, that's why they need to work on that
Strip out as much as they can, cut down size and weight, lower to the ground and improve the handling.
Work on batteries that last longer under duress

All that torque, if they fix the longevity issue It'd be a blast to drive
Vroom vroom (silent) gotta go fast
>>
>>16016300
Tesla is like the apple of cars. Maintenance will be expensive, and they will expect you to just get a new car in a couple years. The weight issue is from batteries, not the interior.
>>
>>16011335
Lowest build quality of any car on the market today.
>>
>>16016314
Very true. (Apple of cars)
>>
iGoing to get one when I have kids etc..
>>
>>16016328
Kek. What a terrible investment. Especially if you have a family to finance.
>>
>>16011586
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>16016348
Bland bus seats.
>>
>>16016274
>electronic part replacement
basically a non issue

>battery replacement
8 year warranty for free battery replacement. once the Gigafactory is online and churning out spare batteries. the cost of replacement should drop significantly. used batteries still hold significant value for recycling content or use as grid storage batteries for buildings. you'll be able to exchange batteries every 8-10 years for a few thousand. while also getting a better battery pack. that along with the greately reduced number of parts that can wear out and need maintenance. it will create a new car sales paradigm. Where you own a car for decades and just change batteries and software.
>>
meme car

good business model.
but wont be able to compete with BIG AUTO at least not at the moment.
they are even giving away their battery patents and BIG AUTO still thinks electric cars aren't worth it.

u think tesla can compete with honda on affordable electric cars, kek
>>
>>16016314
oh come on now. there is still Fiat/Chrysler, GM, Kia, and Chinese cars to be of lower quality.
>>
>>16016308
Makes sense
Then they just need to work on making smaller batteries for better handling cars.

And I wasn't talking about battery life longevity, but charge life - sustained power around the track. We have no reason to believe the batteries will die soon, that's entirely cynicism. Dislike them if you want, but do it for factual reasons.

I am of the opinion that all car styles are worthwhile
I don't begrudge Tessles for making economy cars, I just think they need to branch out. Make a Tesla Pickup and a Tesla Sports coupe. They do that, and they show a willingness to pursue and hone their craft (improve their designs/batteries, as mentioned above), then they'll be a proper car company IMHO
As it stands, I'm withholding judgement
>>
>>16016367
How is electronics a non issue? The build quality is terrible, and in wet and cold climates digital electronics will suffer.
>>
>>16016369
other than Nissan, japan isn't interested in electrics.

toyota sells only a RAV4 EV conversion in mandate states/countries.

honda sells only a Fit/Jazz EV conversion in mandate states/countries.

Mitsubishi as the iMeiv and it is awful.

Mazda has no EV.
>>
>>16016376
http://www.forbes.com/sites/bertelschmitt/2016/06/14/one-out-of-ten-cars-coming-down-the-line-is-a-reject-tesla-says/#2ed5d02235d8

“We’d stop production immediately, gather management, grasp the situation, find information, and make a decision whether to restart or not. We most likely would not — 10% is an incredibly high number.”
>>
>>16016369
There will be another gas shortage.
>>
>>16016388
Tesla Model S is the biggest selling car in Norway. No one there has a problem.

Tesla can keep its battery and cabin warmed or cooled. It just sucks range unless you are plugged in to a charger.
>>
>>16016384
Smaller batteries would mean the car wouldn't run for long or would be underpowered, unless we get better battery technology that doesn't exist. Li poly isn't really an option either because explosive batteries. Tesla seems to act like Apple in the sense they treat their cars like appliances. They will expect you to replace your cars every couple years.
>>
>>16016404
But these cars haven't been out for long. I doubt they will nor have issues in the years to come as the electronics deteriorate.
>>
>>16011335
Why does it have a radiator grill if it doesn't have a radiator?
>>
>>16016394
and GM just lets rejects go on to be sold.
>>
>>16016394
That article is garbage and you know it, as someone who doesn't particularly like Tesla
Would you like to know why, numbnuts?
>>
>>16016427
The new models did away with the grill
>>
>>16016405
What the fuck is your problem, dude?
Do you just ignore the 8 year battery warranty?

What basis do you have for anything you're saying at all?
>>
>>16016394
PR guy says they didn't do it. He could NEVER lie.
>>
>>16016427
It does have a radiator
>>
>>16016434
>>16016427
they have a radiator, for cooling the battery.

It gets air from a small openning in the bottom of the bumper cover, like all modern cars.

the fake grill was probably someone thinking the world wasn't ready for a grill less face.
>>
>>16016451
Right, but I said they did away with the grill which they did. It's not on the X, 2017 S, or future Model 3
>>
>>16016442
This has nothing to do with the batteries. I am questioning the build quality as a whole because it is a fairly new company. If battery technology improves and their internal build quality proves to be good, then that is fantastic. I was talking about charge length.
>>
>>16016428
>>16016431
>>16016446

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance/

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/08/consumer-reports-tesla-model-s-has-more-than-its-share-of-problems/index.htm

http://dailykanban.com/2016/06/tesla-suspension-breakage-not-crime-coverup/

https://www.wired.com/2016/04/teslas-model-x-bigger-problems-faulty-falcon-doors/

Tesla is a cancerous company that will damage the progress of electric cars.

Thank you based Elon "Meme Magic" Musk!
>>
>>16016496
for a new company, this is about average.

Kia and Hyundais sucked for decades. now they are viewed as well as honda or toyota.
>>
>>16016506
>Implying kia or Hyundai == Toyota or Honda
>>
>>16016470
>then that is fantastic
Ok then

You sound like a whineybutt but I guess you're just trying to advocate a "wait and see" position and that's cool

I personally think that historical precedent proves that any technology can be improved and refined, especially with enough moneydollars shoved into R&D, and less heavy batteries with the same capacity are just a matter of time, as long as Tesla actually feels the need to improve instead of "resting on their laurels", so to speak

And I'll go with an Innocent until proven guilty approach about their interiors. If they break down en masse, then that's bad, but I'll go ahead and assume they're fine until proven otherwise
>>
>>16016506
>for a new company, grossly overambitious expansion, poor management and terrible products defended by and army of forum goblins is "about average"

Nope nope nope

TESLA

A

SHIT
>>
>>16016517
I would get a tesla if I could afford one, they were more lightweight and had a guarantee of mechanical build quality.
>>
>>16016516

Well at least they are lightyears ahead of what they were even a decade ago, and it seems like their growth is not stopping.
>>
>>16016550
True
>>
>>16016550
>it seems like their growth is not stopping.
>>
File: 1431714508543.png (516KB, 622x755px)
1431714508543.png
516KB, 622x755px
>>16016550
>it seems like their growth is not stopping
>>
>>16011335
They need to decide if they want to have a grille or not.
>>
File: 1475088732926.png (437KB, 600x600px)
1475088732926.png
437KB, 600x600px
>>16016550
>it seems like their growth is not stopping
>>
>>16016599
>>16016706
>>16016764

I don't get your point, samefag.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.