[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealership Maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5586.jpg (54KB, 623x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5586.jpg
54KB, 623x400px
So I have a 2015 Mazda 3 and I have been taking my car to the dealership for maintenance every 5k, the price hasn't been too bad up until now.

I'm currently at the 30,000 mark and I had gotten a quote for $499.00 and it seems a little much, here's what they want to do

>Oil & Filter change
>Inspect the Brakes
>Check all the hoses, belts
>Add Washer, Replacement of Engine Air Filter & Cabin Filter
>Perform a Charging System Check
>Battery Service Check, Alignment Check
>Drain & Fill for the Coolant
>Transmission & * Differential, (* If Applicable) >Inspect all Interior & Exterior Light Plus a Multi-point inspection
>wash the outside of your Car

What do /o/
>>
>>16010915

Lern to DIY anon, save yourself loads of money.
>>
>>16010915
I was gonna say you were being over charged, then I saw you got a car wash and that instantly made it all worth it
>>
>>16010915
Honda dealership priced me something similar.
>>
>>16010924
How do I even learn how to do half that shit
>>
>>16010915
About $200 for the oil and brakes, $100 for the filters, $100 for the alignment, $50 for the coolant. Seems like your typical C service.

You could do it yourself for about $200 in parts, but since you're already taking it to the dealership for the last 30k, it sounds like you're an incompetent fuckstick.

If you really want to save money, omit the coolant (too soon, really), alignment (look at your tire wear pattern, or if they offer, a quick alignment check to see if your alignment's out of spec in the first place. the important adjustment here is that your toe values are within spec). The thing about the brake service is that it's only an inspection and relubrication of the pins, actual pad or rotor service is extra. At 30k miles I don't expect there to be much if any wear on your brakes.
>>
>>16010924
This, DIY cost would be
>$30
>$0
>$0
>$10
>probably don't need to do this
>probably don't need to do this
>$40
>lets say another $40 for both
>$0

You're looking at a little over $100 to do it yourself. Would probably only take a day.
>>
>>16010983

Literally Youtube

ChrisFix, a faggot though he may be, is a good channel to start your intro to wrenching.

Nothing on that list is hard except the things that require special equipment to do, but those are junk fees anyway (charging system/battery check is horseshit, either multimeter it or just wait till something fails) and most are just an excuse to try to sell you more shit you don't need.

>Oil+filter
super easy, dealership is charging like $50-80 for something that you can do for $30

>inspect brakes

Literally just look at the rotors and pads

>replace air filters

A handful of bolts and $20 worth of filters, they're probably charging $50-80 for that

>Check hoses + belts
learn what they look like in sordid shape and in great shape and be the judge yourself

>Coolant drain+fill

Easy

>Trans+diff

slightly harder but nothing impossibru

>wash car

come on now
>>
>>16010987
$200 for oil + brake inspection?
>>
>>16010915
Your brakes don't need to be replaced, and they're 7 bucks a pair on rock auto anyway. You're being overcharged for just inspections.
>>
>>16010992
Most of the inspection stuff is free, but it relies on someone with actual car knowledge to do, so I don't think OP it's up to that level.
>>
>>16010987

Did you even read the post?

They're not "doing" the brakes or alignment, they're literally just changing a few fluids and "inspecting" (not actually checking) the other things
For $500US

Only a cuck would pay for this shit.
>>
>Oil & Filter change
easy. let oil out. change filter. pour new oil in. need to go under a car though.
>Inspect the Brakes
just look at them if pads have any meat left. at 30k they are probably fine if you dont drive like a total retard.
>Check all the hoses, belts
look at your engine. are rubber hoses cracked? is belt cracked? i bet everythinng is ok if you change belts at specified intervals
>Add Washer, Replacement of Engine Air Filter & Cabin Filter
>Perform a Charging System Check
this is some new age technology mazda system. probably don't need to check.
>Battery Service Check, Alignment Check
you don't need that at 30k
>Drain & Fill for the Coolant
check youtube how to change coolant without creating air bubbles in the system
>Transmission & * Differential, (* If Applicable)
i'm guessing this is oil change. i very much doubt it you need it at 30k even if its automatic.
>Inspect all Interior & Exterior Light Plus a Multi-point inspection
lol
>wash the outside of your Car
lol
>>
Holy fuck do the faggots from the dealership make me mad. My dad drives a 2005 Mazda 2/Demio. He still goes on scheduled dealership services that he has to pay for to get extended warranty, while they will still charge for any fixes. This sometimes includes just fucking oil changes that even a retard could do at home.

The other day he took it to them and they managed to fuck it up worse than the way it was. It's harder to shift into gear and the car vibrates like crazy when idling, I don't know what the fuck is it that they're doing.
>>
>>16010915
Half of that is """"inspecting"""" or """"checking"""", the rest is very very basic. I'd be looking at that kind of price for full maintenance with replacing the brakes or clutch, holy fuck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.