[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Jiffy Lube tech anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Jiffy_Lube_Logo.jpg (35KB, 722x461px) Image search: [Google]
Jiffy_Lube_Logo.jpg
35KB, 722x461px
I work at Jiffy Lube. Ask me anything.
>>
you fuckers stole my gameboy out of my moms glovebox in 2005, give me that shit back
>>
>>16008243
Oreillys here. The guys at my local jiffy are bro tier when they need filters that they are either out of or don't stock.
>>
>>16008258
and fucking drain plugs too, I'm pretty sure the specs don't say 500 ft-lb
>>
>>16008251
Gameboy is pleb tier.

>>16008258
I'm not a moron and use a tool to tighten filters. Hand tighten just like every normal mechanic should. When a repeat customer comes back in for an oil change, it's tight to the point where it won't spin off, but not over tight where I can't get the filter off without tools.

Believe me Jiffy isn't the worst offender for this in my area, other quick lube shops either don't lube the gasket or the customer goes a good 7,000 miles on conventional oil where the filter is basically glued on with sludge.
>>
>>16008264
We are also pretty tight with O reilly's and the drivers. It's usually when we order from Autozone they take 3 hours to deliver the wrong part, sometimes twice in a row.
>>
>>16008243
Why do you guys suck so much? Can you guys stop sucking?

My air filter doesn't need replacing, and when it does you refuse to take the one I bring in

You put 15w30 in my car that takes 0-5w30

You left oil dripping on one of my cars

You tried to push octane booster on me

Fuck you
>>
>>16008299
Kek I have no idea what jiffy lube pushes octane booster. I'm guessing out in the mid-east or some desolate community.

Also some cars have pain in the ass air filters that take 15 minutes to put back together properly. If you're not even going to buy it from us, then why would be bother going through the trouble of replacing it?
>>
Whats your favorite dish?

Will you vote this election?

Do you like to fucked in the ass?

Will my knee heal up soon?

Who really framed Roger Rabbit?

Why am I getting water in my column when strictly running it with 80:20 hexane:ethyl acetate? Is the water coming from somewhere else? Wtf man I worked really hard on my synthesis.

Why are people from Fischer Scientific so incompetent? They didnt even send me the quote I called about.

Does fuel injector cleaner really work or is it just a glorified mem solvent system?
>>
>>16008575
My answer is Pebis to all of the above. That Fuel injector cleaner kinda works to an extent. Customers have come back saying that they gained 1 or 2 mpg.
>>
Why do you guys suck so much?
Everytime I get a car in for an oil leak and I see that Jiffy Lube sticker, any/all of the following
>oil plug only finger tight
>oil plug cross threaded
>oil plug overtightened (200+ft/lbs)
>oil plug stripped
>wrong oil filter
>loose oil filter
>crossthreaded oil filter
>stripped oil filter
>super tight oil filter
>cracked oil filter housing
>oil filter obviously hasn't been changed
>oil was never properly refilled (5qts in a new Silverado [takes about 7])(5 qts in an old Tempo[takes 4])
>tire psi all set differently
>washer fluid in coolant
>coolant in washer fluid
How hard is can fucking job be?
>>
>>16009949
>oil plug only finger tight
Guy got fired the other day from this. Can confirm some employees are this careless.
>oil plug cross threaded
Haven't had it happened yet
>oil plug overtightened (200+ft/lbs)
In honesty very little jiffy lubes I know do this. Other shops (especially tire shops) that customers have went to love to use power/air tools to tighten them up.
>oil plug stripped
Has happened at Jiffy Lube countless times. If it was us who did the oil change last, we offer to retap the pan for free.
>wrong oil filter
Happened once, put a MO3614 on a Toyota van that requires a FRAM PH4967. I caught that and quickly changed it out for the right one before I let the van go.
>loose oil filter
We initial the upper and lower bay tech on the oil filter for when problems like these pop-up. Boss writes up who ever was lower bay on the filter if it's a repeated occurance.
>crossthreaded oil filter
Have no had that happen.
>stripped oil filter
Also have not had that happen.
>super tight oil filter
Number of reasons. Either our techs tard-strength it tight, forget to lube the oil filter gasket, another quick lube shop tightens it with tools, or customer goes way beyond the recommend interval for an oil change.
>cracked oil filter housing
Haven't seen one that was directly our fault yet, but I have heard of incidents.
>oil filter obviously hasn't been changed
There isn't a unmodified car that's come in that I could not get to the oil filter. Some techs are lazy as fuck but the boss quickly finds out and tears the offending tech a new one.
>oil was never properly refilled
That jiffy obviously hasn't been having someone verify the oil level after the car is initially started.
>tire psi all set differently
Dunno on that one
>washer fluid in coolant
>coolant in washer fluid
Happens occasionally when a tech grabs the wrong pump, but each time it occurred we've caught it in time to suction it back out and refill with proper fluid.
>>
>>16009893
>Customers have come back saying that they gained 1 or 2 mpg.

Except auto fuel gauges are not precise enough for them to tell. If you take apart a fuel injection system you will see tiny screens in each injector. They stop solids which no cleaner can dissolve. When you run fuel injector cleaner thru your system you also liberate shit from the lines etc which can block those screens. Might get the varnish though.
>>
How often do you put oil when replacing the brake fluids?
>>
what's a jiffy lube
>>
Luxury Dealership Express Tech here, how does it feel knowing I do what you do for more pay, better hours, actuall benefits, and on nicer cars?
>>
how do i get a white girl? I'm not a dindu but a hindu man
>>
>>16010378
Start by not missing the opportunity to rhyme that shit
>>
>>16010362
yeah but don't you actually do the work instead of pretending to have changed the oil?
>>
>>16010362
Just about any auto related job will by far be better than this job. Pay is low, corporate kills the company, and there is no incentive to really do good. I'm not fixing to go into the auto business, I only have this job so I can get through college into the computer field.

If I wanted to I can push to goto a decent dealership but I'm not looking for that as a future
>>
>>16010457
While also learning from the line techs and occasionally getting tickets that are actual work and not just oil changes.

All the benefits of tech school but you're paid to show up and if you were smart enough to nab the same brand car as your shop you'll never worry about the damn thing again.
>>
What do you actually do and how much do you make?
>>
Are you guys shitters?

>>16008251
Kek
>>
>>16010550
$11 an hour. I'm a customer service advisor aka the salesman. And no I don't sell by what the fluids look like, only by the manufacturer recommended interval.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.