[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massive air in fuel line

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2446x2947px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2446x2947px
My father ran his car until the engine stalled and ran out of gas (long story). I filled his tank his to 6 gallons and the car will not start. When I put a rag filled with fuel up the intake it starts. The fuel pump is fine the ignition is fine

Tldr how can I bleed air from the fuel lines to get it back to the engine? It's a northstar v8 2004 Cadillac
>>
>>16005184
how long did you crank it for?
it can take a while for pressure to build back up.
Do you hear the fuel pump prime?
>>
>>16005402
The pump is priming. I want to disconnect the supply and return fuel lines next to the engine until the air is gone like pic related. The pump seems to be okay.
>>
>>16005425
why? its just air. keep cranking, it will start.
>>
>>16005475
We've been cranking for a while. Nothing. We have the battery hooked up to a jumper car because the battery won't hold a charge on its own anymore
>>
>>16005425

That would probably be the best bet. Or you can just crack the lines instead of disconnecting them completely until you get the air out.
>>
>>16005486
Maybe that was part of you're problem to begin with?
>>
It's not the air that's the problem, you nitwit
>>
>>16005495
The battery isn't that old. The car is being jumped while I'm starting the engine and it starts when I put a rag of fuel at the intake, so the battery is capable of giving energy to start the car
>>
>>16005584
are you getting fuel pressure?
buy a gauge.

I dont believe the myth that running a tank empty will suck up debris, and clog the filter, but it wont hurt to check the high pressure fuel filter, and replace it if you have not before.
>>
Most times there's a fuel pressure test port under the hood by the fuel rail, you can bleed it from there.
>>
>>16005631
don't fuel pumps have bag filters?
like right at the opening
>>
Find the fuel pump relay amd jump it from the battery and run the fuel pump without cranking
>>
>>16005950
That one is pretty porous. The ones before the injectors are much finer.
>>
I think you might need to move the keys into the on position then off like 5 or 6 times. I just bought a Cadillac with a Northstar and read something about this earlier lol. Something about it circulating the gas. Mine has a vacuum leak and I thought I would have to take off the intake manifold to get to it (which meant disconnecting the fuel line). Luckily it's a much easier fix. Let me if it works, hope it does anon.
>>
>>16006012
Also don't try starting it, just from off to on to off etc....
>>
>>16006046
Then try starting it after doing the ignition trick.
>>
>>16005184
Disconnect line, spin fuel pump until gas cums all over your face, reconnect. Done this many times
>>
>>16006191

buy the car dinner first

crank morning after for maximum reliability
>>
>>16006451
>paying for revs
>>
>>16005950
They have a fine mesh pickup filter.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.