[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you want a car with manual and automatic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (403KB, 2048x1536px)
maxresdefault.jpg
403KB, 2048x1536px
What do you do when you want a car with manual and automatic options, but the automatic has a faster 0-60?
>>
>generalization

Depends on the car.
>>
The fact that it's a bit faster literally doesn't make any difference unless you're at a drag strip or being a douchebag at a stop-light.

The whole point of using an anachronism like a stick shift is for the hell of it because you enjoy rowing the gears. Maybe at one point in the past when automatic transmissions were still dogshit at trying to go fast in a straight line the typical person might have went with a manual for better acceleration and getting up to speed, but that's no longer true.

If you just want a quick car and you don't give a shit about rowing gears, then get the automatic. If you like rowing your own gears, go for the manual regardless of the fact that it's slower.
>>
>>16004982
automatic if you're ready to cut off your balls and start wearing a thong

manual if you still consider yourself a man
>>
>>16005100
Exactly. Men prefer to drive down the road while holding onto a surrogate of a penis because it's more manly.
>>
>>16004982
Manual if
>you want to impress grills and fags by driving a stick
>want daily commutes to work to be a little more engaging

Auto if
>you want to be a douche at stoplights and race other people
>want to take your car to the track
>want to be comfy and eat while you drive
>live in heavy city traffic
>>
>>16005135
You're the one with a problem with their sexuality if you see a penis in a gear shiftter.
>>
>>16005100
You'd be a man that's slower than the ballless dude in the faster car
>>
>>16005152
Still a man, enjoy your curve-hugging women's clothing though.
>>
>>16005135
>hurr it's longer than it is wide it must be a PENUS
Wow man you must have a difficult time pulling on any levers ever. It must take great resolve for you not to begin sucking on them outright. Does your handbrake give you a chubby too?
>>
>>16005138
Auto on the track?

Oh, do you mean the drag strip?
>>
>>16005157
Enjoy your slow car while the cross dressing eunuch leaves you in a cloud of burnt rubber and exhaust
>>
>>16005193
I think I'm okay with this outcome.
>>
Automatics have been faster in straight lines since the 50's. 2 speed Powerglide transmissions are still used in drag racing. Manuals are better on the track.
>>
>>16005036
automatics are certainly better for getting up to top speed but manual is still better for cornering and quick speed changes
>>
Buy the manual because no one's is ever going to stand by the side of the road with a stopwatch and laugh at me if I'm going 0.2 seconds too slow. The mere thought of this actually mattering is absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>16005135
You don't hold on to the shift knob lol
>>
>>16004987
>the truth is now a 'generalization'

show me one car with sub five second 0-60mph that is faster in manual option than its auto version

>>16005036
>unless you're at a drag strip or being a douchebag at a stop-light.
not all of us like 'carving up the canyons'

>If you just want a quick car and you don't give a shit about rowing gears, then get the automatic. If you like rowing your own gears, go for the manual regardless of the fact that it's slower.
/Thread
>>
>>16005269
>show me one car with sub five second 0-60mph that is faster in manual option than its auto version

That wasn't what's been generalized, son.
>>
>>16004982
Buy the manual if you like manuals because you aren't a retarded benchracer. Buy the automatic if you want an automatic in the car.
>>
Well, since benchracing is the most important part of buying a car. You obviously have to go autotragic.
>>
File: bait kronk.png (23KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
bait kronk.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>16004982
I'm not all that concerned about a tenth of a second or two on the 0-60. Rowing gears is far more fun than benchracing.
>>
>>16005352
Damn I came in to make this joke one minute late.
>>
>>16005327
OP said car are faster to 0-60 in auto than manual.
you said that was a generalization, I then asked for a car that was the opposite of that and you say that wasnt whats been generalized.

>>16005336
bench racing sells cars, autos have evolved. even racing cars use them.

>>16005359
then buy your manual and leave me alone in my auto.
>>
>>16005234
This is the best answer
>>
File: not sure if troll or stupid.jpg (38KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if troll or stupid.jpg
38KB, 604x453px
>>16005386
>even racing cars use them.
>>
Get the automatic if you want a car that's faster and more convenient and overall better in every way.
Get the manual if you want 17 Mexican boys to jack off to your car at meetups because muh manual feels.
>>
>>16005418
>this is how autocucks actually think
>>
>>16005404
what does F1 and GT3 use?
>>
>>16005429
Nothing remotely similar to the slushbox in your shitbox
>>
>>16005436

Does not change the fact.

Also I cant afford to be replacing/rebuilding engines/transmissions after each track day session

all the top manufacturers have stopped using that ancient tech. even autos are on their way out with the advantages of CVTs
>>
>>16005447
>Does not change the fact.
Yeah, it fucking does. Because the drivers are selecting the gears, which makes them manual, and they have literally nothing in common with the torque converter and planetary box in your civic
>>
>>16005452
the drivers are selecting the gears one at a timer
*FTFY

I also don't have a TC or civic
>>
>>16005452
>Because the drivers are selecting the gears, which makes them manual
Some automatics have manual mode that does the same thing. Check mate.
>>
>>16005464
>>16005481
>i-it's automatic because the clutch doesn't have a PEDAL!

assmad autofags btfo
>>
>>16004982
>not peeling out
c'mon. these manucucks vs automagic threads are getting desperate and pointless.

it's not like the nuggie wrapper eater threads anymore and not funny
>>
>>16005485
the only thing im mad is people telling me I should have gotten the manual. I bought what I liked, let me be.

when will you manual elitist fuck off and let people be.
>>
>>16005485
The only thing that makes it "manual" is the omission of a torque converter and planetary gears. If it can shift for you, it's an automatic. If you operate every part of it yourself, i.e. You are physically moving the selector forks rather than a motor moving the gears for you AND operating the clutches for you, then obviously it's a manual.
>>
>>16005452
Honda automatics don't use planetary gears, first of all
Second, see this post: >>16005539
You are tapping a button-not to shift, but to have the computer shift FOR YOU. Plus, there is an automatic mode that you will use 99% of the time because you hate driving. It's an automatic.
>>
>>16005551
You might as well argue that you don't use microwaves and build a campfire every time you want to eat hot food.
>>
get the manual and get an ECU tune you dunk
>>
>>16005677
Why not get the auto and an ecu tune?
>>
>>16005931
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.