[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got quoted $600 for the following service on my car from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: VW-SERVICE.jpg (75KB, 960x335px) Image search: [Google]
VW-SERVICE.jpg
75KB, 960x335px
Just got quoted $600 for the following service on my car from VW, am I being overcharged?

Sparkplugs
Air filter
Dust and Pollen filter
BG Brake fluid flush
Oil Change and Filter

I dunno, seems high to me...
>>
Sounds about right, if it includes labor.
>>
>>16004907
is that a tune up for you?
my audi tune up costs 250-300 and includes more than that
>>
>>16004907
why aren't you doing everything except brake fluid flush yourself?
>>
>sparkplugs
$3 each and like 15 minutes to change
>air filter
maybe $15 and like 10 seconds to change
>oil change and filter
about $28 and about 30 minutes to change
>brake fluid flush
not sure why the fuck you would flush your brake fluid but its about an hour job with a friend to help unless you buy a bleeder and a new jug of fluid is probably $10
>Dust and Pollen filter
maybe $15 and an hour of fucking around with a screw driver under your dash

I sure as hell wouldn't pay someone $600 to save me 2 hours of work that only takes like 3 separate tools.
>>
>>16004907
Depends on the vehicle. Saying its a vw doesnt tell us shit. And is this a dealer or independant shop or a chain retail shop?
>>
>>16005211
VW Tiguan small SUV. Dealer.
>>
>>16004960
You're an idiot and none of the prices you listed are accurate unless you drive a shitty ecobox and bought the cheapest oil
>>
>>16005220
If you get it done at an independent it'll probably be 150 bucks cheaper...
>>
>>16004907
not enough info. what vw with what engine?
>>
>>16005330
nvm saw the post above me.
as a tech at a small indie shop that specializes in euro cars, yea i agree with>>16005245
im sure the vast majority of that cost is labor.
>>
ya dude just look at specialized indie shops in your area on yelp, call around, see reviews, etc.
>>
>>16004907
that's actually pretty cheap. if it annoys you. well you could do all of that minus maybe the brake fluid yourself.
>>
>not doing the maintenance yourself
>>
>>16005220
DO IT YOURSELF. Might as well pay them to fuck you too since you're obviously a woman. No man willing drives a crossover.

The brakes are fine and don't need to be done.
>>
>>16005394
if your a normie driver this can be true for most cars.

Do flush your brake fluid eventually though
>>
File: brake-fluid-1.jpg (54KB, 915x685px) Image search: [Google]
brake-fluid-1.jpg
54KB, 915x685px
Everyone here is saying that the brakes are fine, except none of you fucking morons know that brake fluid should be flushed out every 2 years.

If its not piss color, flush the fluid.
>>
>>16004937
>>16005382
>>16005394
Why would you avoid doing the easiest of all those things?
>>
>>16005424
requires air to do it right desu
>>
Seeing everyone on this thread not changing their brake fluid every 2-3 years is kind of sad.
>>
File: FWKAVEWG51GROVQ.MEDIUM.jpg (29KB, 180x289px) Image search: [Google]
FWKAVEWG51GROVQ.MEDIUM.jpg
29KB, 180x289px
>>16005438
Fortunately science has had major breakthroughs allowing our human muscles to generate air pressure
>>
>>16005438
just need a 2nd set of feet to follow orders.

That last part may be eaiser said than done.
>>
>>16005224
>cheapest oil

Who cares, it's all the same shit
>>
>>16005420
LMK what happens when you dont. my corolla never flushed it once in 25 yrs. and the brakes were the best working system on that car.
>>
>>16005224
walmart sells MOBIL1 5W20 for 20 bucks and prices for oil filter vary on brand and car model
>>
>>16005224
not samefag i swear it brothers.....
guys prices are pretty accurate.... go ahead and buy your overpriced oil.
>>16004907
with labor, your still getting close to overcharged. this is when you get pissed and learn to wrench. use the infraweb. cabin filter may kinda be a bitch but there's good news... you probably don't need that shit. brake flush you could probably get away without, but its probably on the maintence schedule and isn't a bad idea.

Dealer!!!! i fucking knew it by original post. there's a lot of vw mechanics around that will do good work for a bit over half that. factory maintenance schedule is a good idea generally, but I'm telling you, fuck that cabin filter
>>
>>16004907
>Sparkplugs: If its a 4cyl you should be doing this
>Air filter: You should be doing this.
>Dust and Pollen filter: .... You should be doing this
>BG Brake fluid flush: Waste of money imo
>Oil Change and Filter: You know what this costs.
>>
>>16004907
>Sparkplugs
Do it yourself for like $15
>Air filter
Literally takes 15 seconds and costs almost nothing
>Dust and Pollen filter
Literally takes 15 seconds and costs almost nothing
>BG Brake fluid flush
Do it yourself with some help from a bud, brake fluid is like $20
>Oil Change and Filter
Oil is like $50 and it'll probably take you an hour

If you don't mind spending 6x as much to save a few hours of your time (i.e. you are a moron) then sure its a stellar price.
>>
>>16007435
mabye its because i worked for vw doing this all the time but they arent even hard, the tiguans are the easiest since they have a little more leg room under there.

And do change the cabin filter on schedule, a clogged one will wear out the blower motor over time
>>
>people in this thread acting like iridium plugs cost any less than 10 bucks retail
you might be able to get some good plugs for 5-8 bucks but anything below that isn't meant to be in there
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.