[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got my car back from the tire place. They filled up the tires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Sept-12-2013-Max-PSI.jpg (54KB, 600x290px) Image search: [Google]
Sept-12-2013-Max-PSI.jpg
54KB, 600x290px
Got my car back from the tire place. They filled up the tires to 34psi. The stick in my door frame recommends 38psi. Is there a reason the tire place didn't fill it up to 38psi and should I add more air? Also, the tire sidewall says max 40psi.
>>
>>16004416
>The stick in my door frame recommends 38psi
>Also, the tire sidewall says max 40psi.

Wut? I'm surprised, because I've never seen this close a max on tires, compared to the sticker. Not even on vastly different tire sizes.
>>
>>16004427
>>16004416

That sticker is for the stock tires that come from the factory, you boneheads.
>>
>>16004416

Loads of vehicles have a recommendation of 35 PSI, they either A) Set them to 34-35 PSI and assumed it was good, or B) their air gauge is out 4-5 PSI and they think its set at 38 PSI.

Not really much of a difference, you can add air but being that close I'd leave it, unless you have TPMS, because its going to be on when its colder out.
>>
>>16004416
> changing the preset for your faggot ass
nope

34 is fine
>>
>>16004416
Just fill them up to 38 you lazy nigger
>>
>>16004416
I should also mention that they're blizzaks. Perhaps they added a bit less air because they're winter tires or something...
>>
>>16004416
Driving puts heat in the tires. Enough to create a few psi
>>
>>16004416
When I fill my tire my car measures the tire pressure and I can see on dashboard. But my PSI meter shows a different value. Which should I go off of?
>>
>>16004427
Right? How heavy is this this fuckin' thing? Is it Amerifat or something?
>>
>>16004499
I just had blizzaks put on my car and the psi was different in every tire. Fill tire to recommended as your car says.
>>
If the tire is the exact same size go for the OEM reconmended 38 PSI on the tire placard. As a tire installer most guys are lazy shits and just fill every tire to 32 psi and the +2 difference was just caused by heat as you drive.

What you saw on the sidewall of the tire is weird. Most tires have listed the max load with a maximum pressure as well as a max of 44 psi when seating the bead which is part of installation and related to the max pressure. >>16004632
make sure your dash reads in PSI and not KPA ex. 32 psi = 220 kpa
Use the value from dashboard the sensors are more accurate as they also measure temperature.
>>
>>16004632
Tire Guage. Sensors are inaccurate
>>
>>16004416
measure pressure on cold tires and for winter tires add 0.2 bar to recommended, also tires easily can hold extra 1 bar over recommended number.
>>
>>16004632
Pen tire gauges are usually accurate and only costs about 5 dollars for a high quality one. Get two and you will be perfect all the time.
>>
>>16004416
Not all gauges are accurate. Even if max pressure is 40psi you'll be fine. Bursting pressure is probably double or triple that. People that hypermile inflate way past the rated max pressure.
>>
>>16004441
No, its not.

You can put the same tire on two vastly different vehicles.
If the tire is properly inflated on the heavier car, then when you put it on the lighter vehicle the tire is compressed less and is now overinflated.
>>
You can find out by looking at tire wear.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.