[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap Trucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ram2500.jpg (407KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ram2500.jpg
407KB, 1600x1200px
What Can i get for about 7.5 max in a stick with the towing capacity for a camper?

gonna boondock for a while /o/. sometimes a man has to feel free.
>>
/o/ pls
>>
>>16003380
73-87 Chevy 3/4 ton or 1 ton.

And, at 7.5k max budget, you can get already done up/partially restored/really nice ones at that price.
>>
>>16003380
Your pic would be a fine choice, especially with the 5.9, 8.0, or diesel. Can't go wrong as long as you stay away from the auto transmissions
>>
What size camper, OP? An s10 / Ranger could easily pull a popup.

A 1/2 ton could easily utilize a bed camper.
>>
>>16003505
my 4.0l, v6 ranger tows maximum 5500 lbs. 4 person sleepers are around 4000lbs.

ranger has a higher towing capacity than s-10s for some reason (2010-2011, and pre 2004) but you could just get an old F-150 for that price.

Ram 1500s are going to cost significantly more than 7k
>>
File: Snow Ram.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Ram.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>16003625
>Ram 1500s are going to cost significantly more than 7k
lolno I paid less than 2k for mine of course it's a rustbucket. I don't think I saw a single gasser OVER 7.5 the whole time I was shopping for it. He could probably even find a 2500 with a Cummins for 7.5 with the same level of patience.
>>
>>16003773
whoops. i meant to say 2500s (like the one in his picture). that was a mistype. yeah, old 1500s are easy to find for around $7000 but I still paid $9000 for my 2010 Ranger and would happily do ita gain.

on that note, old 2500s aren't as reliable as the old ford 250s.
>>
>>16003505
not sure what size the camper is gonna be,but i also want a bike so,do you know where i can get a good camper
whats the difference between a shitty camper and a gud one?

>>16003450
yeah thats the thing why is every fucking truck i see in an auto tragic?>>16003773
>it's a rustbucket. I don't think I saw a single gasser OVER 7.5 the whole time I was shopping for it. He could probably even find a 2500 with a Cummins for 7.5 with the same level of patience.

eh honestly dude,a diesel would be nice,but im the type of guy whos never had a brand new car and dont mind servicing my baby,granted it doesnt take large tools.
>>
oh,sorry to double bump,no option to withdraw bump?(sage doesnt work?)
but where the fuck is everyone finding good deals,i always see overpriced shitboxes at dealerships and CL,i live in Tennessee
>>
>>16004700
>why is ebrey trucc an automagic
because North American market. c'mon - you should know the answer to this.

>>16004733
because patience. don't look for a rushed purchase and you will normally save around 20-25% of the used car dealership pricing.
>>
>>16003380
You ain't gunna feel free after you fill up that tank nigga
>>
>>16005726
eh,i used to drive the semis,im aware. its just the cost.
even if i go around everywhere,its less than rent plus all the other bullshit.
>>
>>16005719
but theyre TRUCKS and most pre 95,these arent pavement princesses

goddamnit i know there are so many automatics but jesus maybe some of us actually wanna drive the car.
>>
>muh tow rating
>need 6 liter 1 ton turbo diesel 4x4 dually to pull a 17' caravan

Why are Americans so predictably American?
>>
>>16006030
it pains me to say this but:
M A L L C R A W L E R S

Also, utilitarian work vehicles. Noone is going to make fleet vehicles in manual. It makes absolutely no commercial sense.
>>
>>16006057
because someone has to be the man in this relationship honey.

>>16006060
eh?every worktruck ive been in has been a stick.
>>
>>16006060
>Noone is going to make fleet vehicles in manual.
There they go again, acting all American.
>>
>trucks
>>
>>16006144
shows what you know ,im american

>>16006237
>4 banger shit boxes and base model LS engines
>MAYBE a couple of base model mustangs
>>
>>16003380
I bought an 03 F-250 Super Duty last year for $3500. Only had 21,000 original miles. So far it's been a great truck, runs like new. Look for a bare-bones manual 2wd F-250 SD, they're cheap.
>>
>>16006098
Miller, City of Toronto, PCL construction, and most of the other independent "branding available" fleet vehicles have all been automatic. That's probably since they're mainly Ram 1500s that only come in automatic. In fact, all the fleet Rangers I've seen were all automatic as well - and I've been in this for a few years seeing a few generations.

If you're in Europe, that'd make sense. Hell if you were anywhere besides America and Canada, that'd make sense.

>>16006144
Unfortunately. But muh market shares are atrocious with automagics and bros are everywhere.
>>
File: $_20 (2).jpg (83KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
$_20 (2).jpg
83KB, 800x600px
I wouldn't buy any diesel under $10k. Headache waiting to happen.

For $7.5k, you could pick up a nice mid 2000's GM 2500 with the 6.0L gas that would have more than enough power to haul a camper.

pic unrelated
>>
>>16006493
oh god. let's have fun guessing the highway mileage on this thing. let's go with 9.
and that's mpg, not kmpl

but actually - why lift this thing at all if you're not going to get the appropriate tyres?
>>
File: duramax.jpg (53KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
duramax.jpg
53KB, 800x600px
>>16006504
Probably doesn't get the worst mileage ever actually. I saved that picture from a Kijiji ad, and IIRC it said it had a 6.2L diesel with an aftermarket banks sidewinder turbo and gear vendors over drive.

Besides, looks at the $15,000 sleds strapped to the back and the two story house with detached garage in the middle of the rockies. I'm willing to wager the owner was well off enough to not give a shit about the fuel mileage on his sled hauling rig.
>>
>>16006526
wow props on that duramax owner for keeping his trucc that fucking pristine.
and you're probably right about the sleds and ranch up. unless he's a guy who lives off oil money and hunts for his food (which could be a possibility considering north and mid alberta), then this could just be his play house.

but then again, if you live in alberta, you probably don't care about fuel costs either :^T
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.