[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GODORITO PATENTS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2016patents4.gif (31KB, 1323x1638px) Image search: [Google]
2016patents4.gif
31KB, 1323x1638px
Not sure if you guys have seen these yet. They were filed December 2014 but they didn't actually get published until late June, a bit after the last ones that were big news.

This car isn't coming until probably 2018 or 2019, so these patents will be 4-5 years old by the time it comes out and a lot can change.

22 - EGR cooler
24A - EGR cooler bypass valve
23A - turbo, duh
25A - electronic throttle.
42 - Intercooler, duh. I'm going to be disappointed if this doesn't end up being an a2w one.
>>
>>16002930
>be disappointed if this doesn't end up being an a2w one
why? are you retarded or something?
>>
File: 2016patents1.gif (34KB, 1323x1433px) Image search: [Google]
2016patents1.gif
34KB, 1323x1433px
Not pictured:
Oil cooler is water cooled.
The turbocharger has a condenser. ??? Maybe that's supposed to say compressor.

11a - exhaust port
20B - flow control valve
30 - distribution regulating valve

>>16002966
No, are you sure that's not just you?
>>
File: 2016patents0.gif (38KB, 1323x1921px) Image search: [Google]
2016patents0.gif
38KB, 1323x1921px
12 Water jacket
12a The 1st course
12b The 2nd course
20A - water pump

The water jacket is divided up in a top and bottom side. With the exhaust up top, it's going to be hotter there.

Bottom is a comparison to previous lay out. New engine is smaller despite being 1.6l, you all knew that already though.
>>
File: 2016patents2.gif (38KB, 1339x1449px) Image search: [Google]
2016patents2.gif
38KB, 1339x1449px
>>
>>16002966

W2A intercoolers are much more efficient than A2A.

Problem is you've got an unlimited supply of air of a static temperature, and you hit a wall with thermal capacity of water unless you chill it somehow
>>
>>16002930
are they just looking for thumbs upvotes or do they think any of this is innovative
>>
>>16003009
You chill it with a radiator, one which only needs to be about 1/4th as large as a normal intercooler since it has liquid flowing through it that absorbs the cooler radiator better than air does.

An AMG GTR and ATS-V survive the track perfectly fine, and the ATS-V has its intercooler sitting on top of the hot engine. a2w is better in every way except that the weight of the liquid can offset the savings from smaller radiators.
>>
>>16003077
>a2w is better in every way except that the weight of the liquid can offset the savings from smaller radiators.
you're not even close to being right.
>>
>>16003095
K nice argument, retard. You should go see if AMG is hiring a retarded engineer to unfix their cars.
>>
>>16003123
>because an oem does it it's better in every single way
>>
>>16003202
>oem just love adding more complication, higher production costs, and increasing R&D costs to develop new systems because they make more money by wasting money like that.

I hope you're trolling and not actually this retarded.
>>
>>16003224
Have you seen a modern car? They don't give a fuck about complication because at such high volumes it actually costs very little.
And a car with a/w chargecoolers is easier to assemble and install on a line than one with an intercooler. Wouldn't surprise me if the decreased labour costs outweigh the additional parts cost.
I mean, if you've got data to show otherwise I'd like to see it.
A/W is better for packaging and throttle response and some low speed driving.
It's certainly not more efficient as a car picks up speed.
>>
>>16003224
>>oem just love adding more complication, higher production costs, and increasing R&D costs to develop new systems because they make more money by wasting money like that.
It's funny because it's true
>>
>>16002971
>condenser
Sure that's not lingo for an intercooler?
>>
>>16003276
I am not sure. Most of it is in moon runes. It's in a flow chart pointing T/C condenser -> EGR. Japanese patent office 2016 - 108973 and 2016 - 118115
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.