[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car audio thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: speakers.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
speakers.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
Never seen a car av thread on here. Post your sony xplods and boss 3000000 watt amps.
>>
File: sub.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
sub.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
Pic related is my folded horn containing a DCS 255-4 on an Image Dynamics Q600.1

Not super loud but it plays nice and smooth down into the 20hz range.
>>
File: sub2.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
sub2.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>>16000912
Here's what the inside of the box looks like.
>>
VM 100 series encore high excursion wooofer
VM ecd5400.1 amplifier
too small wiring kit
underseat box with bad shag carpet
alpine cdm series old ass HU
ai-net adaptor with aux jack hard wired to truck.
160gb ipod classic that stays in the truck.
cheapo kicker 6x9 rear drivers
stock front drivers
cheapo tweets in front doors.

started with a cassette adapter, then a HU , then a dual brand shit tier amp and a pioneer 10 woofer. next to a 400w kenwood with a 12 inch audiobahn and blew that out
than a 1990s pos kicker competition 10
now the VM encore series 1300w driver with batshit overpowered 5400x1@1ohm amp

contemplating completley getting out of car audio. i mean my system sounds dece but its just a money pit.
>>
File: 20161014_184247.jpg (3MB, 2705x1427px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_184247.jpg
3MB, 2705x1427px
>>16000887
> Sony
Git gud pleb
>>
>>16000960
Cheap (as in sub $1500), good, loud, pick 2. I went with high quality lower powered stuff for muh fidelity.

Ocassionally i'll get an electical issue, but rarely is it directly related to my system.
>>
File: sdg.jpg (227KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
sdg.jpg
227KB, 2048x1365px
>>16000912
>>16000922
Try measuring with better care, predrilling, and using countersunk screws.

Also, some carpet adds a lot.
>>
>>16000965
>entry level alpine in a GM
>>
>>16000994
I know, I know. I didn't really have the proper tools to build it right. I did the entire project with a yardstick, a circular saw, and a jigsaw, plus it was pretty much the first thing I ever built out of wood.

Turned out okay for what it is though and it sounds good.
>>
>>16000997
Headunit =/= speakers. I got alpine S baby
>>
>>16000912
>20hz
Impressive. I did a trunk baffle set up on my car since i like low frequency response, but didn't want to sacrifice trunk space
>>
I'm installing a Kicker Comp 12, Boss 2500, and capacitor in my C5 when the box I ordered arrives. Already have a Sony head unit that came pre-installed in the car.
>>
>>16001071
>speakers designed to be powered by a factory amp
Wew. I'm impressed.
>>
>>16001078
Got any pics?

And yeah, the bass extenssion is one of the main reasons to build a folded horn sub.

http://www.billfitzmaurice.com/AutoTruckTuba.html those are the plans, and the response graph there is a single 8". I'm running a 10", so it's a good bit better than that.
>>
>>16001089
Why you getting boss? You'd be better off getting something lower powered and not trash quality.
>>
>>16001095

Dont have any pics at the moment but my system being
>Sony BT mex series head unit
>alpine 4 channel 50rms*4 power pack
>pioneer 2*75rms amp
>2 10" sub's mounted in the rear deck with tons of dampening

People get surprised when I pull up bumping, open my trunk and its empty.
>>
>>16001112
Sounds clean, wish I had the resources to do something like that.

Currently just saving my $$$ to do my fronts, but I want to do something active with minidsp.
>>
>>16001122
Well it was cheap, that's the whole reason I did it.
>sub's 50$ on CL
>power pack 35$ on CL
>75*2 amp was free since someone broke off the terminals, but I fixed that
>radio was 90$ on eBay
And to mount the sub's I just used scrap wood from my garage and a roll of peel n seal 25$ from Lowes.

You can get creative with free/cheap supplies and still get good results! And generally I've found that stock paper speakers outperform most cheaper aftermarket ones, putting an amp on them can help a lot.
>>
>>16001104
I've had two 12's and the Boss sitting around for a few months. I was going to install them in my Mustang, but I traded for the corvette before I got the chance. I got a good deal on the setup so I figured I'd just stick with it.
>>
>>16001159
Ah, wish my craigslist was worth a shit for audio stuff. 99% is stolen stuff with ads like "high power car amp, need gone today"

Gonna do my fronts right though, run some seas mids and tweeters with the active xover. My stock speakers aren't terrible considering my car came with the "audiophile" package so I'm not in a hurry.

>>16001160
Just don't expect it to hold up very long.
>>
>>16001094
Dont knock em' till you hear them babe. They sound really good for a super cheap setup
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.