[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMC ease of access

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 00t0t_1c77Wm6Znx4_600x450.jpg (14KB, 289x216px) Image search: [Google]
00t0t_1c77Wm6Znx4_600x450.jpg
14KB, 289x216px
I'm looking at getting a classic car to dd, but Im having trouble deciding on what I want; but I know I want to avoid the big ones (camaro, mustang, chevelle) yet still want something thatsweet "cool."

Well I stumbled onto an AMC rebel that looks like it's pretty damn perfect (pic related).

But like any car, things will need maintenance and repairs. So how hard is it to find parts for AMC engines on a scale of "Cheby treefidy" to "3 weeks to special order that Saab bolt."
>>
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5826504270.html
>>
That looks like a sweet ride from the picture. I daily a 76 car but I'm British and so is the car so I'd imagine they're very different.
>>
File: 01717_dtKGq8J1Osd_600x450.jpg (31KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
01717_dtKGq8J1Osd_600x450.jpg
31KB, 600x351px
>>15996682
AMC is awesome. also check out the javelin and amx.

when it comes to a daily driver though you probably want to stick to ford or GM. its just easier. finding parts even for some MOPARS kind of suck.
>>
Overnight bump
>>
>>15996682
Worse than the Saab bolt.
At least there's someone selling those still.
Finding AMC parts is the same as asking someone to climb up into their attic and dig around for their highschool Letterman's jacket- then sell it to you.
Sure you can get waterpumps and headgaskets at vatozone (for now)- but if you want to upgrade anything, or if you crack a block, you're at someone's mercy.
>>
So no more opinions on AMC? How about a suggestion for a cool classic muscle car that isn't the mainstream types?
>>
>>15998364
Just broke my heart... shame AMC wasn't around for longer. But if I Crack a block, it would probably just be easier and cheaper to put a 350 in it.
>>
>>15996682
>on a scale of "Cheby treefidy" to "3 weeks to special order that Saab bolt."
Try "hasn't been available on order for decades and you'll have to hunt swap meets, junkyards and forums for it".
>>
>>15998425
We'll, that settles it... no rebel for me.
>>
File: 2183906_e9ec3ed417_low_res.jpg (96KB, 790x527px) Image search: [Google]
2183906_e9ec3ed417_low_res.jpg
96KB, 790x527px
>>15998368
I don't know about the price nowadays, but the fourth gen Dodge Darts (67-72) are a similar size and shape as the car you've posted.

Also first gen Torino (68-69) or Montego (68-71) if you don't mind going a little larger. I'm not sure if the more muscular shape would be up your alley but the second gen Cougar (71-73) is also a lesser known tip, all common Ford parts underneath but completely different looking from the Mustang.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.