[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trucks and Pizza 10mpg edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 25

Pizza delivery / Truck thread, post trucks, delivery stories, questions what have you. Weather sucks ass tonight, people forget how to drive the minute it rains here I swear.

>Tfw new heater core stays working and its surface of the sun hot in the cab
>>
>>15995909
For the record I wasn't moving when I took that, speedo is just off a few mph.
>>
>Go on delivery to shithole, customer offers me blunt and 10 dollars tip
>Decide to take hits off customers blunt
>Get back to store blazed red eyes and all with a ton of managers there
>Feel paranoid

I think Im gonna get fired boys
>>
Fuck guys I love pizza so much
>>
>>15995936
>sticking your dick sucker on something that was just in a stranger's mouth
I'll never understand why people do this.
>>
>>15995954
I don't know why I decided to do it either, I should have just said no, but I can at least go back to having no job and riding a baiku all day If my fears do come to pass
>>
>>15995936
I've been handed weed so many times as my tip, I just take it back to the store and give it to either my cook or manager who smoke, they love me for it. I get offered shots or beer constantly too, always decline politely though, not risking that shit.
>>
>>15995909
Just submitted my application for dominoes and got a call back to fill out a MVR form. Filled it out yesterday. How long does it take for this process? I'm trying to sling pizza at night.
>>
>>15995969
We shall see, I go in tomorrow for work. Do they generally call you and tell you that you are fired or do they wait until you walk in?
>>
>>15995978
Depends on what idiot is running HR or if they've switched to the online format like pizza hut has. typically within a week, though I've seen some mvrs take as long as 3.
>>
>>15995991
Depends on the issue and the manager. it's legal here but we only fire someone if they get caught on the clock and that's only if a customer complained really. We had 2 servers smoke on the clock all the time who got fired the next day when they showed up, one of their tables complained to corporate.
>>
>>15995991
Sometimes they wait until the end of your shift. I wouldn't worry about it dude. It's pizza for Christ sake.
>>15995996
Where do you deliver anon?
What would disqualify me for the position?
I have a
Unlicensed driver ticket
Cell phone ticket
1 accident on my record.
I told the guy that called me back and he still wanted me to fill out the mvr form.
>>
>>15996012
Arlington WA area, usually 3 strikes you're out is the deal here but you may get it anyways so who knows. Totally depends on the manager, area coach, and what area youre in as they're different state to state.
>>
>>15996055
I'm in NorCal. I think usually they want to make sure you don't have DUI or DWI or speeding tickets. Which I have neither.
How do you like it? I work at Subaru at a culture mechanic and am looking to sling pizza when I get off work for about 25 hours a week for extra dosh. I have no delivery driver or pizza experience whatsoever
>>
File: 1475532783091.png (22KB, 199x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475532783091.png
22KB, 199x200px
>>15996130
***I meant as a full time mechanic not at a culture fucking auto correct
Kill me now
>>
Are any of you sad that pizza delivery will never be as intense as described in Snow Crash?
>>
File: 1475602689119.jpg (25KB, 255x207px) Image search: [Google]
1475602689119.jpg
25KB, 255x207px
Delivering for 3 years now for pizza hut. Never had such an opportunity to make cash until this.

Paid off $10k of my debt, and paid off 5k of my mom's debt. Now I have 10k in savings, saving up for a C5 to deliver in.
>>
>>15996130
Delivery is stupid easy. Learn the grid you're in and git gud at hunting down houses not in gps or with no numbers marking their house, do shit in store, smile and be genuine with people not a kiss ass and make fat tips. I've done it for a while now, easy money for what it is and a pretty chill job.

Keep a flashlight in your car, be cautious of sketchy areas and situations, don't be that guy who leaves his car running while its out of sight or blasting music in neighborhoods. also be ready for anyone you legally pass for doing under the speed limit or if you accelerate too fast to call and complain.
>>
File: IMAG0026.jpg (853KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0026.jpg
853KB, 1836x3264px
>>15996221
I have 4K in credit card debt so I want to pay that off.
>>15996227
Thanks for the tip anon. I have a 250lumen stream light at work I'll use.
My delivery vehicle will be my 2015 Honda civic 5 speed manual. I'll be wary of the speed limit and laws. I'll be delivering in one of the most expensive cities in northern California. Crime rate is almost 0% in that city. We're talking multi million dollar homes. Rent is 2800$ a month just for a 2 bedroom apartment there. Everyone drives Benz and Ferrari's and Lamborghini's that's why I want to deliver because I know people will tip handsomely. But that's if I get hired. Hopefully.
Pic unrelated. A dragon fly buzzing around me at work.
>>
>>15996221
I know these feels bro. 1.5 years Dominos just over 2 at pizza hut now. Paid for my truck, all maintenance and a new motor/tranny rebuild. Feels good man.
>>
>tfw college kid
>no pizza place wants a kid with such weird hours
>>
>>15996300
What's your hours?
>>
>>15996305
I don't have class on the weekends and am free after 3pm everyday except Wednesday
>>
File: 1473377112569.jpg (107KB, 726x982px) Image search: [Google]
1473377112569.jpg
107KB, 726x982px
>tfw car runs premium and has bad mpg
Looks like I'm staying in retail unless I buy a different car. Do you really make that much more than minimum wage?
>>
>>15996314
I don't see how a pizza place wouldn't hire you.
So are you a NEET then?
>>
>>15996315
>working in retail
>ever.
It's time for a better manlier job dude.
Even Subaru pays me 20$ an hour at 23.
>>
>>15996315
I get 9-10mpg, but 87 octane. Burbling v8 is thirsty. Here we get flat min wage all day and paid per mile, currently $0.32 per mile, 60-100 miles a day. Plus tips.
>>
>>15996332
>college kid
>NEET
what
>>
>>15996345
I'm assuming you're jobless and live at home. That's why I asked. I should have used a different word.
>>
>>15996357
I'm jobless and on campus .
It's not that I need money but my folks at home could really use the support
>>
>tfw in my country ALL pizza deliveries (or all food deliveries for that matter) use strictly motorcyles

Such is life when gas is expensive as fuck and wages are low as shit
>>
>>15996344
I couldn't daily a truck like that for pizza. I used to daily a 1994 dodge Dakota with the 3.9 v6 in it. That think got like 12mpg it was my first car I bought on my own when I was 18. Drove it for 10K miles and sold that shit real quick. Bought an acura integra after that. Best decision I ever made.
>>
>>15996368
That sucks. I never went to college. Couldn't afford it. Went straight to work out of highschool. Never looked back.
>>
>>15996342
I'm only 19 and in college working a part time job, I don't think I could get a job working on cars DESU. But I wish I could.
>>
>>15996382
I honestly would do the same if I didn't get so much good boy money from the government
It feels weird though, so many of the kids here are fucking loaded
While I have a $500 automatic 80s accord
>>
>>15996385
At 19 I think I was working at panda express making 10.10$ an hour. And working at Walmart at the same time changing oil for 9.90$ after I left my first job panda. I worked both jobs from 7:30am to 7pm. I got my apartment doing that. Honestly Walmart lube places are a good place to start m80
>>
>>15996411
>good boy money.
Kek.
80s accords are a novelty desu good choice
Fuck those entitled brats. They don't know a hard days work.
It's okay they will know once their failing art degree or photography degree gets them absolutely no where.
>>
Work part time as a pizza delivery driver for a well known Chicago pizza chain in a well-off white suburb.

>work about 20-25 hours a week
>take home about $18k a year on top of my main job

Shit's tight. It's crazy the amount of upper-middle/upper class white people who will throw a ten or a twenty in your face as a tip on a $40 order.
>>
>>15996437
And that's why I want to work as pizza delivery! Fuck man, I clear almost 40k a year at Subaru. If I land this part time job I'm buying more cars. I'm excited. Plus I want move out of state.
>>
>>15996431
Thanks. I honestly love the car and make sure to keep it clean and not just let it waste away like the average college kid.
Entitled is definitely a way to describe some of these people, the majority of them are exactly like those memes and shit you hear about millenials.
I'm doing computer science , hopefully I'll get a cushy job making $40k a year or two after graduating and then I'll be able to take care of my folks.

I worked small jobs all through HS , some of these people look like they've never even flexed a muscle.
>>
>>15996374
I used to drive an 02 impala with the 3.4 in it, trans called it quits at 251k miles would occasionally not go back into first gear, ended up getting the truck for a good deal and daily it ever since. Terrible mileage but I love this thing.
>>
Tfw my manager wouldn't care if I ran open headers and I've been considering unbolting the exhaust for a few days just to do it.
>>
Do you have to use commercial car insurance? If so, how much more is it per month?
>>
>>15996597
No but you are supposed to inform your insurance company about your job. No one I know actually does. Commercial shit like what uber drivers need is expensive as hell and by the mile driven from what I'm told.
>>
File: 1462521964767.jpg (41KB, 460x607px) Image search: [Google]
1462521964767.jpg
41KB, 460x607px
>>15996468
Lmao I have seen many of those types. It sounds like you might get a cushy job. Hopefully you will get a part time job for that extra dosh.
>>15996478
Well I suppose you can never pass up a good deal m80.
>>15996739
Fuck that. If I get this pizza job I'm not telling my insurance.
>mfw dealership told me I couldn't use my car as delivery driver. (It's a lease)
>mfw I told them I'm buying it at end of lease they said don't worry about mileage
>mfw insurance says I use my car for pleasure driving only putting 12K miles a year on it
>mfw 2015 Honda civic has 54K miles on it in just 1 year and 8 months.
I drive alot. Subaru is 42 miles one way from my home. In 2 hours of stop and go traffic.
>>
>>15997079
>have wreck
>insurance doesn't pay out because you violated the terms of your policy
>>
File: IMG_20161009_024021307-Re4ch.jpg (690KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161009_024021307-Re4ch.jpg
690KB, 1920x1440px
Just bought my next delivery car. Hope it lasts me a while. My first FWD car, first car with some POWAH, and first car that isn't just another Miata...

h y p e d i s h.

2003 Infiniti I35, 148k miles, scored for $2100 from fellow miats friendo. Says he'd get 22 MPG from it, which is 1-2 MPG less than my Miata so fug it.
>>
File: IMG_20160314_193826402.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_193826402.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>15997079
Just be careful, really. I've known several people who got in wrecks on the clock, one dude got rear-ended, another side-swiped in a hit and run when someone ran a red (or so he claimed, this dude also put his mustang in a ditch 3 times in a month), newhire who t-boned a guy who ran a stop sign. I spend so much time on the road I can't tell you how many accidents I've witnessed and narrowly avoided too, just the other day saw some lady on her cell phone plow into a stopped SUV and bury her little civic windshield deep under it, she got hauled off on a stretcher.

Also know how you feel on mileage, bought my truck with 178k, it's now almost 216k in just under a year and a half.
>>
File: IMG_20160201_171926294.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_171926294.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
>>15997261
Nice m8, looks like it's at least not thrashed too bad. Some days I miss my Impala, mostly miss the A/C during winter, but also a stock stereo that was far better than in my truck currently.

>never thought I'd miss getting 18-20mpg in town...

Trans went, couldn't get shit for it off CL, sold what were new tires to a friend and scrapped it for $112. 94,000 miles put on in under 4 years, it did right by me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>15995909
I probably have more good stories from delivering pizzas for 6mos than I do in 30mos at Pepsi. That was the best job ever. Getting paid to drive around, listen to music, smoke weed, and eat pizza. I can only do 3 out of 4 of those in the Pepsi truck.

A couple funny pizza times:
>delivering to the furry convention (twice)
>playing Rock Band with customers
>a bunch of middle age black women hitting on me and grabbing at my junk but I was too much of a pussy to go for it
>>
File: thundercuck.jpg (29KB, 257x225px) Image search: [Google]
thundercuck.jpg
29KB, 257x225px
>>15997310
Oh man, every once in a while I deliver to what has to be a reddit/tumblr furry house, I mean, they're always really nice or completely awkward and weird, but they tip $10-15 everytime.

First time I went there, it was 8 large cheese stuffed crusts, 4 large pepperoni stuffed crusts, 4 2L pepsi's and 4 2L mt dew's.

>pull up, anime like music bumping in house
>ohboyherewego.mp4
>knock on door, wait
>knock on door again, someone hears this time
>shirtless NEET opens door
>spot 3 more shirtlessNEETs behind him to help haul pizza bounty
>as first NEET turns to hand off bounty, I spot something out of the corner of my eye, think I'm seeing shit
>NEET turns around again, look closer this time
>spot big fucking purple tail out of the back of his pants

I nope'd hard at that point, because I realized, it wasn't clipped on, it had to be one of those buttplug tails. I mean, I don't care what people do, but 4 shirtless NEETs at the door, waifu music and buttplug tails? I didn't even ask for my pen back. They did tip $20 though, so there's that.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>15997341
Kek. The furry convention was Midwest FurFest and it wasn't even really in our delivery area but I guess all the nearby pizza places were too busy or some shit. So the owner was like "Who wants to take this far delivery?" and I took it so I could get out of there and get a few extra bucks on the delivery fee.

Got all stoned on the drive and it was weird as hell. Funny thing was, half the people were in costume and all the furfags who weren't in costume looked like Juggalos almost and were all overweight, ugly, and trashy. Exactly what I imagine the majority of /r9k/ and /b/ posters look like.
>>
>>15997345
Yeah, none of that surprises me at all. I've been unfortunate enough to have 3 seperate dudes answer the door completely nude in my years. All old, overweight, and not wearing a fucking thing, always at hotels too.
>>
>>15997310
Story time pepsi. You said you had stories so you must deliver.

>>15997345
Midwest has a furfest? Well shit. I hope it's somewhere shitty like Illinois so I don't have to see them.
>>
>>15998622
The FurFest was basically in Chicago. Well, Rosemont I think which is right by O'Hare.

And I basically told the best stories. The one with the old black women was crazy. They were having a party in some mediocre hotel, and I walk in with a ~$50 order and end up with a 40 year old black bitch grabbin at my junk and the rest of them shouting and stuff. They had a second room with the door between the rooms and as that is all happening, a few kids aged like 8 to 12 years old walk in and if it wasn't already awkward before, that made it.

I shoulda gone for that old purple pussy but then I would probably have to give them the pizzas for free and it wasn't worth $50.

They called back like half an hour later to order more stuff, and I told the slick Puerto Rican dude with a million booty calls in his phone to go over there and have fun and he said they didn't do shit. I guess they don't like Puerto Ricans.

That was also probably the best tip I ever got from black people, about $6 on a $50+ order. Sure beats the usual $0 tip from them.

I think at the same hotel I had a delivery, one deep dish pizza, like a $19 order, go to this room of Asian girls. Probably young to mid 20s, and they were fresh off the airplane from Japan. I think there were 4 of them and I'm not really into Asian girls but the weebs on here would be in love. They gave me two 20s and I was tryin to give them change but I don't think they had any clue what I was saying and just went back in the room so I got a 105% tip. Asians (like from Asia) normally tip well but that was sweet.
>>
>>15998755
>Chicago
Oh thank god. The asshole of the midwest so no worries about running into a convention then.

Personally I'm thinking of starting delivery myself. Make cash while in college. Only problem is that I have a truck. Would being delivery actually pay for it (gas, maintenance, get 14 city 19 hwy for mileage)? Also a lot of places are advertising that you can drive their cars, is that a good idea or fucking terrible? I know one place uses a smart car and I don't think I'd even be able to fit in one (6' 3").
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I really really wanna start delivering bros, dominos near me is hiring and I think I will sign up. Only problem is I drive pic related. Should I or not risk putting the wear on the car
>>
>>15998794
All depends on the money. But having a fuel efficient car will def make your life easier.

Idk how well the tips are in college towns, but the amount of money you make greatly depends on your delivery area, the place you work, and the hours you get. I worked at an independent pizza place in an upper middle class suburb so while it wasn't super busy, the tips were straight because even one pizza and a 2L will run $20.

It was $4/hr cash and then tips averaged $3-$4 per delivery. Working for 4 or 5 hours on a weeknight, I would make $20 hourly and then maybe $35 in tips on the average night. Minus $10 in gas (shitty Cavalier was bad on gas even in a tiny car) and that's still $9/hr cash. That would be close to $15/hr if you were getting taxed a bunch on it. And I would work lunch through dinner on Saturdays a lot to make bank. It would be a 12hr shift, but it flies by smoking weed and eating pizza the whole time and I could make $150+ between tips and hourly.

Gas is pretty cheap right now. And if you live somewhere cold, this is the time to do it because people are going to order pizza instead of having a BBQ when they have people over. My average tips went up significantly during the holidays (from ~$3.50 to almost $6). So if you don't mind the miles on your car, it is way better than retail or foodservice for $8/hr. You can work 35hrs as a cashier at a big grocery store and make $200 after taxes, or you could work Fri and Sat dinner rushes and make that same money in 10hrs (while smoking weed the whole time).
>>
>>15998851
I'm in florida too!
>>
>>15998863
Have fun with foreigners who don't tip
>>
>>15998851
>>15998876
Your delivery advice is almost as good as your fishing advice. Many thanks Pepsi.

I'll take a look into it. Thinking of grabbing a Fiero, there is one for 800 that "only" needs a new alternator. Positive I can buy it and get it running for only 2k (it's CL, you know there is more wrong with it). But then the seller hasn't responded to my email or my phone call so.....
>>
>>15998914
Idk how great the Fiero would be on gas, but have fun.

You really gotta ask around too. Lots of the chain places will pay you a bit more of an hourly wage, possibly a delivery fee, but tips will depend on location and you might have to do some food prep. At least that way, a slow weekend won't hurt you as bad since a larger portion of the check is hourly pay. My friend used to work at Papa John's and his was something like that.

Another thing to think about is some of these places do lots of catering on the weekends (probably moreso family places) and there is some good money running that stuff around and setting it up. That was part of my good Saturdays, I could take a couple catering orders out at like 11am and make $30-$40 in tips on that alone. Another buddy just started working catering orders for some restaurant and he delivers on Sat and Sun early afternoons, maybe like 10-12 hours, and can clear $200-$300 on that alone because of how they pay.
>>
>>15999041
Better than my truck. Plus I plan on dropping in an ecotec this coming summer (assuming I get it).

I definitely look into catering. Sounds like a damn good gig.
>>
>>15997310
Can't eat pizza while driving?
>>
Today's fun, bunch of areas without power from the thunderstorm all morning, walked into work to see a shitstorm and delivery times over a 2.5 hour wait, were slowly catching back up right now with a break in weather.

Pic unrelated but spotted this gen a while back.
>>
Only other modifications I have to go are adding mudflaps to make it less likely to crack someone elses windshield, and swapping the rear shocks for fox 2.0 because the stock ones cause the back end to skip when I hit bumps while turning.

SCLB 5.0 2016
>>
>>16000663
Kek. I deliver to a handful of Little Caesar's and a lot of days I will keep it as my last stop so I can grab food and eat on the drive back to the plant.

I normally get Italian Cheese Bread with that garlic butter dippin cups. Those trucks, especially at the end of the day with an empty trailer, have really stiff suspensions. All I have to say is I'm glad those trucks have rubber floors instead of carpet.
>>
>>15996160

Well fuck, gonna have to reread snowcrash now.
>>
>>16001682
I love trucks in dark green like that, fug.,
>>
>>16002005

Thanks. Had to wait four months for it though. But worth it.

Naturally only had it 6 months and already scratched up from work.
>>
I love the delivery job I have, making about 1.5k a month after tips. We get 6% commision on all deliveries plus tips on top of that. If i was more car savvy i wouldnt be so stressed out about the beater im driving. Im working to pay off debts before i get a new car though.
>>
>>16002043
Definitely worth it, at least you use the truck though. Beats pavement Queens that never have anything beyond some groceries in the bed.

>>16002052
Where you working? commission on sales has got to be great. I've taken so many several hundred dollar orders only to make nothing after hauling 6 bags of shit in without help.
>>
Roads sure are great out tonight.

>gettin sideways in 4000lbs of truck is the best thing ever though seriously
>>
>>15995954

All you have to do is clamp your three fingers around the edge of the blunt to make a tip. t. used to live with blacks.
>>
>>15995909
Where is OP btw?

I just thought of something.

If you really want an easy delivery job but don't want to put miles on your own car, there are a few other easy jobs out there. Auto parts stores are always looking for drivers to deliver parts and you normally ride around in one of their vans or pickups. The other is a car porter for dealerships or rental car places.
>>
>>15997280
Fug, that sucks.
>I'm sorry for your lots
Scrapped for only $112 tho? wat... I would think you'd be able to get $200-$300 out of that. IDK. Just didn't have the space/time to part it out?

>Tfw no truck
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.