[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hot hatch for the cheap ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 2010-vw-golf-r20.jpg (1MB, 1791x1156px) Image search: [Google]
2010-vw-golf-r20.jpg
1MB, 1791x1156px
I'm looking to spend about 25k on a hot hatch, which could land me with a 12-13 golf r.
I'm looking to be talked out of this decision.
I want some that can do 0-60 in about 5 secs
AWD is a major bonus
I like the refined look of the r. Between the touch screen and the nonagressive body style, it is both respectable and fun.
Can anyone suggest a better car without spending much more than 25k?
>>
>buying a German car out of warranty
Just get a Focus ST.
>>
>>15994812
Mazdaspeed 3 for 10k.
>>
>>15994818
>>Lower HP
>>Slower 0-60
>>FWD
Why the ST over even a WRX?
>>
>>15994858
WRX is fine too, anything is better than an overpriced Haldex """"AWD"""" VAG product out of warranty
>>
>>15994818

This -- a thousand times this.

Buying a German car out of warranty is like shooting yourself in the dick. You don't want to be the guy walking around with a shot dick, do you?
>>
>>15994874
I suppose I wouldn't. No.
I see plenty of people pissing on VW because of reliability, but I understand that I'm gonna have to work on my car. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>15994923
If you value interior and refinement highly, I would say go for the Golf R. Much nicer inside than both the Focus ST and WRX. If you want more thrills then either of those cars are worth considering.
>>
Let's say I'm cruising down the highway. I'm in one of these three cars, which one should I be in and why?
>>
>>15995077
Cruising down the highway you should have an AWD 2.0T Cadillac ATS.
>>
Should go with 2016 gti pp. Remap with apr, eurodyne, uni, or others.
>>
>>15995077
Something for less than 10k.
>>
So there's "not that" and "buy this"
But not really any why's
Anybody care to elaborate to try to convince me?
>>
File: UJdoBM0.png (136KB, 1273x923px) Image search: [Google]
UJdoBM0.png
136KB, 1273x923px
This is a screenshot shot from Consumer Reports concerning the Golf.
Anybody have any non-anecdotal evidence?
>>
>>15997396
Shit quality control. 50% of vws are perfectly fine and 50% will be garbage.
>>
>>15997396
How does this data work? For the 2015, it gets overall better scores, yet it is marked overall as poor.
>>
>>15994818
This. Also the golf R has shitty haldex AWD, which means it's basically FWD
>>
>>15997396
>>15997512
>>15999097
Consumer reports is garbage anyway, it doesn't tell you anything about long term reliability.
>>
>>15994812
Focus ST with the Mountune kit.
>>
>>15994812
Get a used 2011-2014 WRX hatch
>>
>>15994812
Fiesta ST. Hands down the best hot hatch from the last decade
>>
File: 1476405819088.jpg (21KB, 77x76px) Image search: [Google]
1476405819088.jpg
21KB, 77x76px
>>15994812
VWs trigger my autism

if you turn the volume knob the I/O sybol doesnt face upwards
>>
>>15994812
i bought my big turbo evo with over 550whp for less than 20k how are you not the ultimate cuckbaby by buying somthing that has the exact same amount of storage seating and usablility as my evo but is a 100% total let down to drive AND COSTS MORE
>>
>>15999866
>550hp Evo
What's the maintenance costs on one of those?
>>
>>15999866
>wanting a comfortable DD
>suggests some as unreliable as a modified EVO.

Have fun replacing your transmission everytime you attempt to do a launch.
>>
>>15995077
An LS400 for half the price and quality/refinitement the others can only dream of.
>>
>>15994858
>haldex
>better than FWD
>>
File: toyota-camry-HS003-2.jpg (766KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-camry-HS003-2.jpg
766KB, 1200x900px
>>15994858
He said hot hatch, not hot camry
>>
>>15994818
What about getting a warranty from the likes of CarMax?
Has anyone gotten a warranty from buying a car there?
>>
>>16005162
doug demuro has
>>
File: Hyundai-Veloster-Turbo-S-front.png (654KB, 745x483px) Image search: [Google]
Hyundai-Veloster-Turbo-S-front.png
654KB, 745x483px
Veloster is always the answer. Doesn't get more muh warranty than a Hyundai.

And stop buying boring cars, /o/.
>>
>>15995077
Anything that isn't a hot hatch
>>
File: 4L_0U49ye8N.png (353KB, 459x360px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0U49ye8N.png
353KB, 459x360px
>>16005268
>Hyundai
>Veloster
>>
Manual is solid. You get the automatic you get a dual-clutch. The warranty thing. It isn't boring to look at. Good fuel economy. It's basically a coupe so you're not dd'ing anybody except your girl or your boy. Android Auto/Apple Carplay is standard on 2016s and above now.

And face it: Focus ST is trash. I don't think there's a powertrain component that hasn't had a recall on it.
>>
>>15994923

>Is it really that bad?

I don't know specifically about the Golf R, but a friend of mine had a Jetta I believe, and the auto trans in it shit the bed.

Turns out, VW put a "sealed" transmission in that car. Meaning you can't put fluid in it, you can't replace any components in it, you can't rebuild it. The only people that sell rebuilt or new ones are VW, or you can pull one out of a yard, but this was a decently new car, so there weren't any in the yards from what I remember.

So, because his trans was low on fluid or whatever, and because no shop could rebuild it, he ended up having to put a new trans in it from VW. Even doing the labor himself it was pretty spendy.

Really depends on what you're after in a car. If you want dead nuts reliability and a great warranty, a Hyundai would probably do you well, as long as you don't modify it. If you want a massive aftermarket, the Fiesta and Focus are both popular cars, but modding them to be decently quick will kill the warranty.

If you really want AWD, Subaru isn't a bad choice, and they have a pretty massive aftermarket as well. Plenty of people have already blown them up, so you don't have to find out what mods to avoid the hard way. Only downside to Subaru is that they're generally overpriced to the moon and back because Subaru.

All in all, if you're looking for a decently sporty/reliable hot hatch, I'd say the VW is probably the worst choice out of any of the available options. The Hyundai will be more reliable, the Fiesta will handle better, the Subaru will both handle better and be more reliable as compared to the VW. There really isn't any good reason to go with the Golf that I can see.
>>
>>16005474
>dual-clutch
That's not a good thing.
>The warranty thing
Yeah you'll need it, since you have a Korean car with a dual clutch
>It isn't boring to look at
Because it's fucking ugly
>It's basically a coupe
It is a coupe. Which is why it has overly high insurance rates
>And face it: Focus ST is trash. I don't think there's a powertrain component that hasn't had a recall on it.
>the most highly reviewed hot hatch is trash. Buy this ugly gook piece of shit instead
>>
>>16005632
Well of course if you're prejudiced against the entire race of people who made the car then you shouldn't buy it anon.

MAGA. Vote Trump.
>>
>>16005474
this thing is crap
>>
File: 05406128.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
05406128.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
pt cruiser gt
>>
>>16005646
We're gonna build a wall around every Kia and Hyundai dealership, and the Koreans are gonna pay for it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.