[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lexus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: japaneseengineering.jpg (213KB, 1872x1404px) Image search: [Google]
japaneseengineering.jpg
213KB, 1872x1404px
Is there a reason one should buy lexus over the big three?

>shitty interior desing
>infotainment system older than roman empire
>not as luxorious and smooth as benz
>not as sporty as bmw
>not as practical and refined as audi
>uglier than all 3
>less powerful than all 3
>more thirsty than all 3
>most expensive
>pic related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnK-TovPgrc

Also, if any of you own this car, note that if you are in tough situation always go for full frontal crash, never try to dodge because chances are you wont succeed and will just make small overlap kinda situation. But who am i kidding. Thread is full of shitposting bus riders and those who bought it desirve to die for having bought camry for twice of its price
>>
I appreciate the irony in that Japanese manufacturers were caught with their pants down and were offering 6 cylinder 3.5 L or 3.7 L engines whereas the German competition were downsizing to 4 cylinder turbocharged engines already.

So much for Japanese vehicles lacking displacement. Acura and Infiniti only just now got rid of their antiquated 6 cylinder engines.

Lexus is the last one to go. They really need to replace their drivetrain combinations in their lineup.
>>
>complaining about gas mileage when supporting German auto
What's your purpose here?
>>
>>15987558
>pic related
>new vehicles
That's a 2009 IS250 you moron
>>
>>15987558

Most reliable car breh
>>
File: IMG_3576.png (1MB, 962x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3576.png
1MB, 962x650px
>>15987558
Let's start with: who hurt you anon?
Did your German auto crap out at 100k?
Or maybe someone in a Lexus cut you off this morning?
This post is shit, and full of holes, as is your shitbox

>comparing a RWD independent platform Lexus to a FWD econobox Camry
Underage b&

>most expensive
There are multiple models, Citation needed
>All 3
There's also Cadillac, jaguar, and Infiniti
>More thirsty than all 3
That's because they use NA engines not smaller displacement turbo'd engines

>why would anyone want X like cmon guys here's my subjective opinion and a video of a car crashing
Commit sudoku
>>
>>15987558
Nearly none of your memetext points are true
>Benz competitive interior design (ie the 2 best)
Yes infotainment was botched.
>as smooth as the others, now as sporty as the others, and definitely as practical
For sure it's ugly as shit exterior wise, especially front fascia
>the only one left with an NA V-8 instead of muh fuel efficient turbos
>definitely not the most expensive

Get wrecked
>>
I don't understand enthusiasts touting reliability as a selling point or advantage when shopping for a sporty vehicle or sports car. I'm looking from a new vehicle approach of course. If you intend to keep your vehicle for longer than 48 months or purchase pre owned, I can understand the logic then. I find that life is just too short to keep the same vehicle longer than 3-4 years, specially a boring, safe choice.

I find Lexus vehicles very mundane to drive despite their best intentions to make it interesting, what with the F Sport branding and accessories to imitate the Germans and controversial design in the latest models. I personally think they made a terrific effort, better than Infiniti I find, but still falling very short of what German makes can offer.
>>
>>15987647
Cadillac, Jaguar and Infiniti are not within the ''big three''
>>
>>15987621
>That's a 2009 IS250 you moron
Actually, its 2012. Lexus did a ferrari and threatened iihs to not test the 2016 model because they know it would wreck them.

>>15987615
Its not problem if it drinks more. It is a problem if it drinks a lot more and has less power. Why would i want that? Not to mention the need to make gas stops more frequently. Its not big of adeal but why would i do it if i dont have to. And its not like im making compromise when buying one of big 3 since they are superior in every way.

>>15987647
>>comparing a RWD independent platform Lexus to a FWD econobox Camry

Very good anon, however since on this board a4 and a4 quattro are same exact car even though later one comes with torsen awd and regular one with vw fwd we come to conclusion that camry and is are identical.

Also lexus is pure shit when it comes to sporty drive to pretty much anything, and by anything I also mean regular c class on sport setting and fwd a4. I dont know if camry comes with leather, but if it does there is no point in buying is, let alone benz, bimmer, audi, jaguar...
>>
>>15987558
>more thirsty than all 3

My little 135i only got somewhere between 18 and 19 mpgs. It was terribad.
>>
>>15987696
I dont want my new performance car taking a shit on the touge
>>
>>15987768
That generation of Lexus IS was introduced in 2006 and carried on until 2012. So it's no surprise that it was out of date regarding crash test performance.

Really isn't an excuse though.

But almost every car tested that year failed - except the Volvo XC90 and a few others. So you can't bash on Lexus you have to bash on everyone - especially the big three.

A lot of people believe the current IS line to be sportier than the 3 series now. Including me. It's not as fast but it handles better. A majority of reviews I've seen had the IS placed as the superior handling car over the 3 series.

Nice bait though. You got me
>Camry for twice its price

You don't know anything about cars and it really shows in your post.
>>
>>15987891
Sorry this was meant for OP
>>
>>15987891
>A lot of people believe the current IS line to be sportier than the 3 series now. Including me. It's not as fast but it handles better. A majority of reviews I've seen had the IS placed as the superior handling car over the 3 series.
>Nice bait though. You got me
t. professional b8er
>>
>>15987891
>A lot of people believe the current IS line to be sportier than the 3 series now. Including me.

Believing it is one thing.

In real life, you cannot buy a rear-wheel drive Lexus with a manual transmission.
>>
File: lexus ls interior.jpg (356KB, 1599x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lexus ls interior.jpg
356KB, 1599x1200px
>perfect
>>
>>15987558
>shitty interior desing
Subjective. I think Lexus and Infiniti produce better interiors than BMW currently

The German systems are worse apart from iDrive

>not as luxorious and smooth as benz
Lexus is

>not as sporty as bmw
True

Audi are not practical and are far less refined than Mercedes or Lexus

>uglier than all 3
The new Audi generation looks aweful. MB and BMW are much better though

Audi are less powerful

>more thirsty than all 3
Nope; hybrids.

>most expensive
Infiniti and Lexus are notably cheaper than BMW or Mercedes; Acura too but I don't count Acura as true luxury
>>
File: creepyreflection.jpg (323KB, 1984x1116px) Image search: [Google]
creepyreflection.jpg
323KB, 1984x1116px
this car beats the 335i, c350, that 06 gen rustang gt, g35, etc. comfy as fuck and cheap to own. cost me 10k

fight me
>>
>>15987938
I think the 3 series sells in minuscule amounts in manual trim anyway. The manual tranny they put in it is not very nice to use.
>>
>>15990005
Beats in what? Japcrap reliability memes?
>>
>>15990035
Comfort, cornering, NVH, reliability.
>>
>people who rave about BMWs
What's the deal? I've driven a few BMWs, and I'm currently using a rental 528i and the interior is nothing to write home about, driving dynamics are barely better than others, and it's pretty slow. The cars don't feel like they're worth the price. I'd honestly never buy one.

M-series is different, but they're in a completely different league.
>>
>>15990044
So only japcrap reliability
>>
>>15990005

D E L U D E D
E
L
U
D
E
D
>>
>>15990022
>I think the 3 series sells in minuscule amounts in manual trim anyway. The manual tranny they put in it is not very nice to use.

Bullshit, BMWs manual transmission is one of the best, positive shifts and no mushy feeling, its definitely fun as compared to others. Drive one before talking shit man.
>>
>>15990088
I have, new 3 series, would take the auto over the manual any day.
>>
I used to think they were the best non-sport manufacturer. Toyota reliability, luxury, more than half of the models are designed as Lexus for American market, good lineup, almost all RWD. But their current design is so bad it's hard to look at. It's like they're designing ugly cars ironically.
>>
>>15989935
nigga audi beats lexus in any fucking comparison besides

>MUH LONG TERM RELIABILITY
>>
>>15987647
this.
>>
>>15989770
C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y
>>
>muh sporty to drive
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS. MARKETING TERM EVEN MEAN

BUY A FUCKING SPORTS CAR IF YOU WANT "SPORTY"
>>
>>15987794
The 1-series is also a gay-ass car.
>>
>>15991221
Audis are plenty reliable if you change the fluids when the manual tells you to.
>>
I have an IS-F. It's nice.
>>
>>15987558
Get the is 300 or 350
Most German cars are unreliable and they are all expensive to repair
I'd only buy a Mercedes or a bmw m series
>>
>>15990045
>why isn't a base model loaner giving me a boner?

Board of retards. Swear to god.
>>
>>15989935
literally kys the post
>>
File: is200t-engine.jpg (1MB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
is200t-engine.jpg
1MB, 1600x1066px
while we're at it: any opinions on the IS200t? only non hybrid IS available in europe
>>
File: 20160929_181905.jpg (514KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160929_181905.jpg
514KB, 2048x1152px
Post you're Lexus interiors
>>
>>15987558
>>not as practical and refined as audi
How is Audi any more practical than a Lexus?
>>
>>15991221
>>>15989935
>nigga audi beats lexus in any fucking comparison besides
>>MUH LONG TERM RELIABILITY
Assmad audi cuck
>>
>>15993604
wagons
>>
>>15993704
welcome to europe: everything has to be either a small hatchback or station wagon/estate and must have a diseasal for city driving
>>
>>15993588
Your.
I am not a Lexus interior.
>>
>>15992375
Nah it's amazing sorry about your micropenus and ensuing insecurity about small cars you turbofaggor
>>
>>15992818
the 2L turbo is a decent engine, plenty of power to move the heavy IS. Pretty thirsty though. Would recommend you get it in F Sport trim for the awesome seats and other goodies.
>>
>>15987558
Most reliable car brand on the planet, highest rated customers service in most countries, parts aren't hilariously expensive, they last a literal order of magnitude more - a lexus with 200,000 miles feels good. A BMW/Merc/Audi with 200,000 miles has all of the electronics not working and feels like clunky shit.

>shitty interior desing
At least the buttons work 1 year out of warranty, unlike the germans
Who gives a shit, either get in the car to DRIVE it or get in the back of an uber, faggot
Yeah sweet all that practicality in the A1
>uglier than all 3
Subjective.
Except all make all different models, retard
>more thirsty than all 3
See above.
>most expensive
100%, completely and utterly factually untrue, faggot.
>pic related
Good. Trying to make every single fucking crash survivable is a great way to make cars 3tons with no windows, fuckwit.

How about you don't smash into a steel and concrete block at high speed instead
>>
>>15987665
>the only one left with an NA V-8 instead of muh fuel efficient turbos

I bet you're the kind of faggot who doesn't care that the BRZ is slower than pretty much everything else in it's price range because of muh feels. The NA Lexus V8 gets left by it's competition. Hell, the new GS-F only matches an '03 Cobras acceleration at 4.5s 0-60 and 12.9s quarter and gets btfo by all of it's competition.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-bmw-m3-vs-2015-mercedes-amg-c63-s-2016-cadillac-ats-v-comparison-test-2015-bmw-m3-vs-2015-mercedes-amg-c63-s-2016-cadillac-ats-v-final-scoring-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-5
>>
>>15995127
>benchracers: the post
>>
>>15995178
>argument was "muh fuel efficient turbos"

The Mercedes is less fuel efficient, the ATS-V is basically a wash and the M3 is more fuel efficient. But all are significantly faster. Also, if you were a muh feels guy why would you rather a Lexus over any of those 3 cars listed?
>>
File: 20160427_201129.jpg (629KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160427_201129.jpg
629KB, 2048x1152px
Reliability is not having to waste your mental energy, time, effort, not just resources.

I have a car that just works, I don't have to think about it, so I can live my life doing the things I want to do. This is what luxury customers pay for. This is the mentality behind Apple products as well. This is the mentality behind CEOs like Zuckerburg who wear a uniform.

We've got better things to do. Like not being on 4chan. goodnight
>>
>>15996737
You should pitch your post to Lexus itl make a nice ad.
>>
>>15996737
Did Lexus pay you for making this ad?
>>
>>15996737
you pushed it mentioning apple
enjoy youre're dishwasher
>>
>>15995178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daL8kYd4_7M

The IS350 is pretty quick for a small V6
>>
>>15996806
That IS is using nitrous, but ok.
>>
None of this thread matters.

If you like the current Lexus designs then there is no more argument. Design was the last piece of the puzzle Lexus couldn't figure out. They started by making loose interpretations of German designs, like the original LS. Then they creeped into more American style designs like that hideous Mk.II GS, or the inverted bathtub SC.

But now they've figured it out. They've embraced the fact that they're a Japanese company and are making successful designs that are unique to their homage and nationality. There is no Lexus that can be identified as a Mercedes or a Buick clone anymore, and that's really good news.
>>
>>15990022
... have you driven one? I daily an e92 328i and the 6MT is so slick and solid I would put it up there with Porsche's boxes.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.