[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, /o/ Would you rather have an old car that you spend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: mechanic.jpg (121KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
mechanic.jpg
121KB, 620x465px
Be honest, /o/

Would you rather have an old car that you spend time on because things occasionally need maintenance, or a new car that rarely ever needs maintenance besides regular oil changes?
>>
depends on the car obviously
>>
>>15987093
>prefering a shitbox over a nice car
Only on /o/.
>>
File: man_found_bait.png (219KB, 827x1050px) Image search: [Google]
man_found_bait.png
219KB, 827x1050px
>>15987108
>old = shitbox
>new = nice

>only on an automotive imageboard would auto enthusiasts prefer old cars over new cars
You must have great mental capacity
>>
>>15987108
>Preferring a 993 to a 991
>/o/
And, you know, the entire market in general, as can be seen by prices.
>>
>>15987108
At this point, I'm not even sure which is supposed to refer to which i nterms of /o/ shitposting.
Maybe I should go outside and talk to someone.
>>
>>15987121
yeah maybe you can talk to someone at the bus stop
>>
>>15987112
>>old = shitbox
>>new = nice
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>15987093
>or a new car that
requires a $675 per month payment for 72 months?
>>
File: 1302776039829.jpg (35KB, 448x458px) Image search: [Google]
1302776039829.jpg
35KB, 448x458px
>>15987153
>implying those weren't the implications
>>
>>15987093
New. At least then I'll be able to get a girlfriend. Old cars seem to be women repellent.
>>
File: both.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
both.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>15987093
>>
I like my money thanks.

My dad had a NEW civic and an old 911 carerra. Guess which one cost more in just one year of use.
>>
>>15987157
Unless you want to settle for a lowlife obese "woman" who barely knows how to write, then cars overall are a women repellant these days
>but anon, they are dangerous!
>don't you know that cars litterally killed more people in history than guns did?
>don't you think of the environment?
>you could use your money in much better ways!
>etc
>>
>>15987155
The OP asked whether I'd prefer a car that requires a lot of maintenance over a car that only requires occasional basic maintenance. You're not gonna compare old enthusiast cars to modern minivans now, are you? I'm not gonna compare a Cayman GT4 to an old Nissan Sunny either. If all other factors are the same, I'd go for the new car without even thinking.
>>
>>15987168
>cars litterally killed more people in history than guns did?
What? How?
>>
>Would you rather have a couple $2000 cars that require an hour or two now and then
or
>Would you rather have a $500 car payment plus $100+ in required insurance

Yeah, saving a little time and thought is totally worth mindlessly slaving away to line the jews' pockets
>>
>>15987180
And anon said "shitbox" over "nice car".

Regardless of how bland and boring new cars are, none of them are shitboxes. A shitbox is a car of poor quality and low price. No new cars are poor quality and are low priced.

> I'd go for the new car without even thinking.
>without even thinking
That shouldn't be difficult for you
>>
>>15987184
There was some study a couple years ago that showed that if you take every person who died in a road accident in the world since the invention of car, the number is higher than the number of victim of gunfire.
I think it was hardly valid though since there was some trickerly like only counting people who died of gunfire during war, or only people who were shot by rifles rather than guns, something along these lines.
>>
>>15987188
I don't think I can follow your autistic ramblings.
>>
File: 5961318825_4b4a7abb86_b.jpg (96KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
5961318825_4b4a7abb86_b.jpg
96KB, 720x478px
>>15987193
my ramblings are very artistic
>>
>>15987093
Depends. If I had time then I'd love to have an older car that I could work on.
Since I do not have much time on my hands, newer and less maintenance requiring car would be far better.
Currently I'm between those two, e60 3.0 diesel is not that hard to work on, but its time consuming so I let shop do it. Its pretty reliable though.
>>
>>15987108
>>15987112
old =/= shitbox
new =/= nice

There are older cars that are nicer than new cars and there are new cars that are shitboxes. It's not so black and white.
>>
>>15987093
>or a new car that rarely ever needs maintenance besides regular oil changes

modern new cars brake down a lot unless it's a toyota/lexus
>>
If I actually know how to work on cars from the ground up, I would drive a new Honda Civic as a DD and buy an old American car from the 60s to work on and be my pride and joy.
>>
>>15987168
Have you guys just like never talked to a woman before?
>>
if its a car that I like, then i don't mind wrenching on it. just means i get to put neat shit on it.
in the case of my bugeye wrx
>brakes get worn out
>HAHA TIME FOR BRAMBOS (ended up with 4pot/2pot irl)
>steering rack is leaky
>HAHA TIME FOR STI RACK
>intercooler veins are all fucked up
>HAHA TIME FOR STI IC
>turbo leaking oil and shaft play
>TIEM FOR VF39

I have much less patience for a new car and expect it to need nothing but gas, oil, and the occasional wear item. But I'm not naive enough to think nothing beyond regular maint would never come up. Can't really replace what I want on it for fear of dealer dicking the warranty away. even then, the money i would spend on possible warranty voiding parts, goes to pay off the car.

so a better question for /o/ would be

>Be honest, /o/
>Would you rather buy a used car and make repairs/upgrades as they come due, or a new car and make payments and leave it alone
>more power to you if you can manage new car and upgrades.
>>
>>15987155
kek
>>
>>15987093
Both honestly. I've got a Ford Escape and a 99 Miata. I have a blast working on and driving the Miata, but sometimes I just don't have the time to work on it so projects will stretch over 2-3 days instead of a single one.
It's good to have both a reliable and fairly new car and a fun and fairly old car though, if you enjoy working on them.
>>
>>15987093
If im paying old for sure. Most regular maintenance is easy.
>>
>>15987093
have an old car that you spend time on because things occasionally need maintenance

Shoulda made a poll for this
>>
>>15987153
lurk more newfag
>>
>>15987093

>new car that rarely ever needs maintenance.

This notion is the reason so many cars are reduced to piles of utter shit in less than ten years. All cars need maintenance.
>>
File: 1457248815120.gif (3MB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
1457248815120.gif
3MB, 336x229px
>>15987093
id rather have a fucking garage
>>
>>15987865
bruv look at your URL bar

where u b???
>>
Working on a "toy" every now then is okay but working on your primary or only DD get's old after a while. Leases are so cheap now that it's almost un-econimical to run a shitbox as a DD.

>>15988309
>All cars need maintenance.

Not when they're leased lel. Pay $50 a week, drive the tits off it and give it back, easy.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.