[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sell or keep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1476279673415.jpg (171KB, 944x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476279673415.jpg
171KB, 944x960px
So, I'm at a bit of a crossroads, I currently drive a 73 "pin-chero" mechanically it works just fine, but the interior is a bit trashed. Being that I'm heading off to college soon, do I sell it and buy something more respectable, save more money for something actually hood, or spend the next couple years spending way too much money undoing all the nig-rigging?

http://strawpoll.de/yeab6r9
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476279607663.jpg (75KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476279607663.jpg
75KB, 960x500px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476279621126.jpg (118KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476279621126.jpg
118KB, 960x652px
Space age plywood bed cover
>>
>>15987004
kek it looks like it was painted with cans of spray paint.
>>
Perfect college car 2bh.
>>
Keep that motherfucker or sell it to someone you KNOW will appreciate it because that truck is cool as hell.

Its not too late to learn how to do interior work.
>>
On a philosophical note, I often feel like selling my car whenever something isn't right, but then I realize any other car I buy will have similiar issues, so the problem isn't with the car it's with me.

I already sold one car due to this type of thought process and I regret it horribly.
>>
>>15986995
>spend the next couple years spending way too much money undoing all the nig-rigging?
No, the car will never be worth anything. Drive it until its dead, then drive it some more.
>>
>>15987004
It probably was desu
>>
In case anybody missed it, this is a '73 pinto wagon that someone chopped.
Not especially valuable, but it would be difficult to replace.

I say keep it OP.
Its not like you'd get much for it- if anything you can just park it and find some $500 beater to drive around campus.
If you did drive it at college, at least it won't get stolen....
>>
That car is hilarious and will get you all kinds of attention in college. Assuming your personality matches it'll be real good for your social life. How fucked up could the interior possibly be? Post pics. I'm sure you'll be able to buy some seats.
>>
File: rsz_img_20161012_071936302.jpg (933KB, 1503x2672px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161012_071936302.jpg
933KB, 1503x2672px
>>15987365
12 dollar seat covers, and the carpet is just floor mats and rugs screwed into the floor pans
>>
>>15987389
Well start by cleaning your fucking car, it will be nicer...
>>
>>15987365
Order of operations for repairs/updates
1. Sending unit so I can actually see how much gas I have left
2. Carpet
3. Seats reupholstered or new
4. Speakers that can actually go louder than talking volume without cracking
5. Fix the Ac
6. Get the fucking plywood off the back and make the lift gate work
>>
>>15987389
I need to clean out that area behind the seat, other than that it's just dust, I'm working on a farm right now, so I'll get it vacuumed and such once the season is over
>>
>>15987389
>>15987399
Looks okay to me. Get some new seat covers and obviously clean it out. Give up on the AC you'll never get freon for it. If you get frustrated by the gas gauge just keep a 5 gallon gas can in the "bed" and dump it in when you run out then drive to a gas station and fill both at once. It's not like it's any MORE of an explosion hazard than your factory tank. Likewise your "bed" can solve your speaker issue. Get some shitty subs and house speakers back there and just wire them right to your head unit.
>>
>>15987389
It's a pinto dude, not sure what you expect it to look like.
>auto
Too bad you didn't get that sweet little German 4 speed.
>>
The name "Pinchero" is almost as funny as the car itself. Keep it and drive it as long as you can, and take a lot of pictures. People will remember that shit forever.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.