[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accident: Read ended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 249x202px
alright /o/ i figured out of all the boards you guys would have the most knowledge about accidents.

>tl;dr : got rear ended, guy left while police were en rout, no info, got his plate

so before i get into this i have to say this happened in Canada, so i'll be using km/h and some of our road laws are the same and different.

driving Sunday evening (our Thanksgiving holiday) on a two lane street. cars in front of me were going slow around 40 km/h the speed limit is 50. that's fine we're going slow. guy in the truck behind me starts riding my ass. so I flash my brake lights at him cause he can no doubt see over my car that the cars in front of me are slow too, i drive a little hatch back. drive of the truck gets mad, flashes high beams at me and then keeps them on. straights aggressively tail gating me and getting way too close. so the first time he didn't clue maybe the second time he will. now at this point i stop. cars in front of me were slowly down and so I stop. he's so close he slides into me and rear ends me.

he gets out saying im the cause of the accident cause I brake checked him. I tell him he shouldn't have been driving so close to me and high beaming. He gets right in my face and starts threatening me. I say if you don't back the fuck up im going to call the cops. I end up calling cause he wont back up. On phone with operator she can hear him yelling at me. Tells me me to get into car to be safe. I get in my car he starts trying to video tape me and get a picture. About 5 minutes later he gets fed up waiting and drives off while im talking to operator, tell her which direction color of truck and his plate. cops do a perimeter search cant find him. come talk to me. male cop said something about me tapping my brakes so it could be a 50/50 claim. female cop says next time just pull over we have too many dangerous people around here to risk an accident with.

so now the actual question: who would be found at fault?
>>
my statement says he was driving close to me so when we slowed down the first time, he slammed his brakes and then high beamed me. then we came to a complete stop in traffic and he rear ended me.he then proceeded to threaten me and leave the scene without exchanging info.
>>
>>15985844
>whos fault is it?

Doesnt matter. Dude is getting charged with hit and run
>>
>>15985853
popo said they cant cause they cant prove he was driving. i didnt get a picture
>>
>Other guy took off.

From what I've heard the other guy will get screwed while at most you'll get a slap on the wrist if you were at fault.
>>
>>15985868
i cant have an at fault accident on my record though, it screws me for applying for jobs in my field right now

slap as in cuffs ? we dont do that here in that case
>>
>>15985903
Slap on the wrist or hand would like a minor ticket if that.
>>
>>15985916
ah i dont even get that. i just go to insurance company. we only have one here... its kind of bullshit
>>
File: 1475969938811.jpg (722KB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1475969938811.jpg
722KB, 2268x4032px
>>15985867
Why didnt you memorize some of his plate you dumbshit?

Would be damage on his car.

And next time don't explain more than you have to. Just should've said he was tailgating you the whole time and ran into you.
>>
>>15985990
i have his plate dumb fuck its written there twice.
>>
>>15985990
jeebus kryste i wanna take a bite
>>
File: 1475894076769.jpg (278KB, 1080x1319px) Image search: [Google]
1475894076769.jpg
278KB, 1080x1319px
>>15986087
so why dont the cops go and get him? they dont need to prove anything you just id him.

stupid leaf
>>
>>15986236
they won't do that here...
>>
I've been rear ended twice, both drivers were on their cell phones at the time. One (a teenager), we just walked away from it. Another (an FBI agent), we had to report it. Minimal damage and in both cases it was considered a zero fault accident.

In the United States, generally, it's considered not-at-fault (100%) if you experience a hit-and-run. If the other driver had stayed and given his account to the cops, you may have been considered somewhat or majority at fault if you brake checked (and that's the way the cop wrote it up).

In Canada, it's likely similar, but you should talk to a lawyer.
>>
>>15985844
At this stage you dun fucked up OP. NEVER EVER admit to brake checking or any such behaviours that basically implies you are at fault. Omit any details that are NOT in your favour. Deny when confronted. Then the onus is on the other party that's accused you of such things to prove it.

Now that you've told presumably the operator and the police on scene that you tapped your brakes, the best outcome for you is 50/50 found half at fault. You can bet your ass the other party, once identified, will use the 'he tried to brake check me' excuse. You're fucked. You fucked yourself.

"I was stopped because traffic ahead of me stopped. The truck hit me from behind." Shut the fuck up about everything else that happened beforehand, especially the stuff you did that paints you in a bad light.
>>
>>15986273
what do you mean? they do that everywhere. thats the whole point of having vehicle plates
>>
>>15985844
He rear ended you while driving aggressively. While following dangerously close. If this was in my state he'd be hit with reckless driving and be at fault.
>>
>>15985844

Protip: Never, ever tell the cops you brake checked someone. Well its not illegal, its creating unsafe driving conditions and looks like you were purposely trying to get him to hit you.

Realistically you should have taken a picture of the guy and his license plate, unfortunately without much more proof the cops can't do much since they don't even have proof that the douche was driving it, much less hit your car.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.