[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to remove my mystery black adhesive.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Resized_20161011_204428.jpg (1MB, 2047x2452px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20161011_204428.jpg
1MB, 2047x2452px
So i am currently living in a 1949 Brill Bus on a 20 acre parcel out in the forest. And i JUST removed the old door panel from the old conversion they did in the 70s to find THIS.

It is a delicious sticker thing from its original use as a charter bus in the 50s. I really want to salvage it as much as possible as well as the original blue paint anx display them. But i need something to remove this ancient mystery blacj adhesive without damaging the paint or the sticker.
>>
>>15985326
You live in a bus, bruh?
>>
My main vomplaint other than this lovely black adhesive is that it is small, i wish it were the whole door.

Here is the bus before i litterally dragged it from its resting place
>>
>>15985336
Yes, in the woods with our own well and solar power. Off grid at its best, i just wish we grew a bunch of weed, it goes quickly out here.
>>
Is this you?
>>
Sweet Jesus that thing is rad as fuck.
>>
>>15985355
I am not that cool, no.
>>
>>15985354
That's cool man. I want a bus now.
>>
>>15985370
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/rvs/5742493886.html

>mfw
Do it up son. Best investment ive ever made. I can live wherever i want, for free, and in style becaus e im not driving some shitty fiberglass 90s motorhome.

My bus is 100%aluminum aside from the thick-ass tube chassis
>>
So anybody know a paint safe HD adhesive remover that works?
>>
>>15985431
WD40?
>>
>>15985326
nice bus!! im a little envious after living in an 85 toyota belair.

its tough to say what that is or how its fused to the paint or sticker. my advice would be to get a few products and experiment on little patches
>>
>>15985491
Yes that is the smart thing to do. But i has hoping to skip the extra $20 wasted in unused product by somehoe someone knowing of some miracle chemical
>>
Mineral spirits would probably work
>>
>>15985518
Mineral spirits would take the sticker off with it.
>>
File: 1317098908327.png (105KB, 1240x868px) Image search: [Google]
1317098908327.png
105KB, 1240x868px
>cahlager
>implying
>>
>>15985555
Yep i live in a bus now ha.
I would post some iron giant but thats on the old computer

Too bad brosifine isnt still around
>>
>>15985581
he's still around. he's still as much of a troll as usual. you still have the lincoln?
>>
>>15985431
Use a razor blade. Capture the powder and smoke it... Mind erasing adhesive.

Lol jk try some paint thinner use ventilation. Demo on a less visible spot. Allow for chem to soak before scrub. Chem should do the job. Dish gloves and wet rag to neutralize the solvents
>>
>>15985586
Damn straight. Needs some ignition work right now.

My '14 fiesta has been getting most of my attention, when its not being given to the bus.
>>
File: DSC_8797.jpg (4MB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8797.jpg
4MB, 3216x2136px
>>15985597
nice. I bought an acura because the ferd is not really a good daily, but I still drive it more anyway
>>
>>15985597
Paint thinner would also target the paint. Which i want to avoid if i can
>>15985604
Gotta have dat DD
>>
>>15985615
>>15985615
you tried naptha?

also yeah, pretty hyped, going to be getting disk brakes soon so hopefully it will be able to stop decently as well as not pull hard when I jam on them.
>>
>>15985623
No i have not. I will google that. And yeah discs are nice, and yet even in this day and age my 14 fiesta still gets rear drums. How gay. Thats alright though, it makes up for it with its amazing ease of maintenance (for a new car) with the 1.6. Super awesome engine. Poor transmission though, i expect the whole trans to get recalled eventually. Powershift 6spd
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.