[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "new" BMW 5 series.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: BMW-5-Series-2017-2.jpg (148KB, 1300x657px) Image search: [Google]
BMW-5-Series-2017-2.jpg
148KB, 1300x657px
The "new" BMW 5 series.
>>
>>15985080
Yeah a bit disappointing. The design difference from a 7 year older model is minimal, a very evolutionary upgrade. It has that unique two part split side crease (with which they solved cars getting taller in the front). But everything else pretty much stayed the same.
>>
>>15985080
I hope it will bring functional improvements though (reduced mass etc.).
>>
Hey guise, we updated our car with a new bodykit and some cool new headlights. The rest is the same, but you buy our new cars purely for bragging rights and will trade it off in two years when another facelift comes anyway, so go on and buy it already, goy.

>every german upper middle class car
>>
>>15986099
The problem is that these cars are already so perfected (in doing what they are supposed to do) that it's hard to improve on it. It's easier to improve on cars in the compact segment right now because sound insulation and technology makes a big difference there. Here companies are competing for the best interior quality "feel" and such elusive terms. I think the effort is there but it's hard to see at first. But I personally would like a more innovative design just because I like looking at what BMW does in terms of design, so this is pretty boring in that regard.
>>
>>15985942
>>15986099
It's an entirely new engine, chassis, and DME

It's ugly as sin, like a fucking camry. But, to say that it's the same as the F10 is retard.
>>
File: P6150073.jpg (124KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
P6150073.jpg
124KB, 1200x900px
so in that respect you don't like the E46 either
>>
they have no chance against the new E class so why try.
>>
>>15986099
Audi and VW does it like that
Not BMW and Mercedes
test drive the E60 and F10 and see the difference, you'll know what I mean
>>
apparently it will feature a 3cyl engine, lol
>>
>>15986250
>>15986250
Both had shit weight distribution and were heavy as fuck, should have went with a wankel desu
>>
>>15986137
If they tried to be inovative, you would cry over muh tradition
>>
Anyway, all european luxury cars are getting uglier because chink definition of aesthetics. Everyone competes for that huge and growing market and they like that immature shitty design. The models are global so compromises have to be made.
>>
>>15986456
Sad but true. They have to cater to them also since a lot of money is generated from those markets.
>>
>>15986332
What specific difference did you have in mind?

Supposedly F10 is heavier, larger, more luxurious, one could argue less connected.
>>
>>15986484
New drivetrain, different steering, better sound insulation etc.
Claiming the cars are the same only with different looks is dumb
>>
>>15986544
also the new 5er will have carbon reinforced chassis so the body will be lighter and stiffer
>>
>>15985080

litterally an f10 with more body detail, disgusting. e39 and f10 are still my favorite.
>>
>>15986604
Atleast they fixed the fugly interior that the f10 has
>>
I like it. But it just looks like a facelift for the F10
>>
Looks too similar to the f10
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.