[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP WITH ENGINE.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 2011-nissan-versa-sedan-engine.jpg (282KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
2011-nissan-versa-sedan-engine.jpg
282KB, 1500x938px
Long story short, diesel was put into my gas car. I siphoned out the diesel and put in normal gas in hopes it would dilute the diesel but of course it was driven quite a bit before anyone realized their was diesel gas in it. I'm 100% certain it's in the fuel line and injectors. Not a big car guy, just looking for some help, I don't even know where to find the fuel line.

I've seen youtube videos of people disconnecting some line and turning their keys and it spews out liquid.
>>
>>15984296
Disconnect the fuel line from the injectors and let it flow with the pump turned on.
>>
How do people even do that? A diesel pump has a big spiral of metal around it that keeps it from fitting into a gas tank.
>>
>>15984390
This particular pump made no distinction between diesel and gas. Not even the green color pump.

>>15984373
How do I do that?
>>
>>15984422
It's that tube going to the injector rail.
Take out that rail and disconnect the line.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>15984656
It's identical to pic related.
>>
>>15984373
>>15984656
>>15984673
>Implying you know anything about engines

>>15984296
Talk to a professional mechanic. It's the best way of making sure you don't destroy an engine desu senpai.

Don't fuck about either, do it asap.
>>
File: 1458499373364.jpg (14KB, 250x278px) Image search: [Google]
1458499373364.jpg
14KB, 250x278px
>>15984717
>He lets strangers finger his wife
>>
Yeah if you're going to take the fuel line off make sure you bleed the pressure off first or put a rag around it so it doesn't spray gas\diesel straight into your eyeball (because it will)
>>
>>15984717
You don't need to be a mechanic to know that if you disconnect the fuel line with the pump turned on it will spurt the fuel out, you nigger.
>>
>>15984753
But then again, the diesel probably already fucked OPs injectors so he has nothing to lose.
>>
>>15984296
Take off the engine cover and take a few photos of your Nissan's fuel system.
>>
>>15984296
>of course it was driven quite a bit before anyone realized their was diesel gas in it.

Since there wasn't enough diesel to severely affect he running of your car, you can surely use up the last bit of diesel in the fuel line. Just make sure the remaining fuel in the gas tank is diluted with regular fuel as much as you can.

You should use Top Tier gasoline for awhile for the detergent action on your spark plugs. If you want more peace of mind, you can dump another two bottles of techron into a full tank but more than that is not needed.

You're lucky you didn't have a full tank of pure diesel fuel. Otherwise that car would have run badly. But that diesel was apparently diluted by the regular fuel enough for you to not notice the engine was sputtering. SO all you need to do is keep the detergent levels up for the next few tankfuls of gas. That means top tier gas even if you have to go out of the way for it.
>>
>>15984739
So once i disconnect the line from the rail with a rag around it, do i have to turn my key continously until it is out?
>>
>>15984739
Also what tools would be handy for this? I plan on trying this tomorrow.
>>
OP here. it's safe to say i'm retarded and cars is not my area. If you were to tell an autistic monkey to do this, explain it just like that. Descriptive is good please, and thanks for the replies so far
>>
>>15984952
Park it in your garage and let it idle all night, that should burn off the last of the Diesel and it will be good as new.
You may even want to rig the pedal to hold it at 1-2000rpm and put a strong fan in the front of it.
Be sure to leave the door closed up as you want it to be quite warm so the Diesel will burn. Maybe even leave the door leading into the house open and crank up the heat a bit.
>>
>>15984952
>autistic
Doesnt mean stupid. What are you, twelve ?
>>
>>15984988
If it is indeed safe to say you are retarded and cars is not your area, OP, then DO NOT do what this guy is saying. Drive it around to burn off the extra fuel. Don't idle it at all for extended periods of time, let alone inside a closed garage all night.
>>
>>15984842
You turn it once. The fuel pump shuts off once a certain pressure is achieved. I would do it 3-4 times just to run the gasoline through to be completely sure.
>>
>>15984422
Where are you that pumps aren't clearly labeled?
>>15984988
lol
>>
i cant even get the fucking cover off because the sockets are too small for my wrenches to fit and the ones that do fit in the socket don't fit around the bolts.
fuck me. i just want to be able to drive my car again.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.