[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LED light bars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
Anyone ever try any of the led light bars from Amazon? They are almost concerningly cheap in comparison to name brands, but it's also well known name brand auto parts dealers tack on 1000% to the price for parts that are the latest fad.

Any experience?
>>
>>15984206
They are some of the simplest pieces of equipment. Amazon price is spot on for what you should pay. Did a quick look for name brands, some are asking 800-1000 for the bigger ones which is hilariously absurd. You could buy 10 Amazon ones for that price, if quality was an issue one of them would work at least
>>
>>15984206
They work amazingly well.
There's nothing special about name brands.
Difference is paying Chinese children 15ยข a day and having one guy work the eBay store vs having some schmuck in the U.S. getting rich and buying a Ferrari because he has a full page color add in some 4x4 magazine.
>>
The Chinese ones are hit and miss, sometimes drawing 3x more power than they are suppose to and having a loud hum.

The best ones I've had a good turnout on are the CREE ones.
>>
>>15984206
>even considering LED light bars

what are you, a faggot
>>
had some on my truck before the dealership bought it, they removed it during the inspection because the guy rewired the low and high beams inverted for some reason.
I still have the switch under the dash
now i kinda want a lightbar just to make those fucks hogging the left lane shit their pants because I AM THE SUN
>>
>>15984359
The first time I've ever seen an argument I like for getting an LED light bar
>>
File: lightbar on.jpg (33KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
lightbar on.jpg
33KB, 960x540px
I like my 36'' light bar that wasn't $800.

They're well worth it, I got mine from eyourlife iirc.
>>
Paid $40 for a 36" light bar from Amazon.

The mounts were extremely cheap metal that fatigued in the trails rather quickly.

However the light was well worth it. Had the flood/beam combo.

Bought 3 of them, 2 of which were turned into gifts.
>>
>>15984206
Stick with the CREE brand on Amazon and you should be ok.

Recon, Rigid etc are 95% the same product, but instead you line their pockets with a few extra layers of $100 bills. This goes for all their lighting products, not just bars
>>
Are these legal to drive with down main roads while turned on?
>>
>>15984403
Nope. Because he is the asshole in the big truck who will turn on the light bar behind you as you are doing 80mph in the left lane even though the right lane is only doing 50mph.

He wants to do 81mph and you are an ass for being the one in front of him.

I get bro trucks around here all the time that flash those things when they want to drive like complete assholes and everybody isn't getting out of their way fast enough.
>>
>>15984503
They are absolutely blinding so I doubt it. Great for unlit country roads though so long as you click them off if you see a oncoming car
>>
>>15984519
Had someone do this to me last winter.

>Driving summer car as the winter beater broke down after playing in a snowstorm
>Next morning I had to take the summer to work, left at 5:30am
>Sitting on summer tires with next to no ground clearance
>Only one lane plowed and I can't get over
>Brotruck behind me won't go around, just keeps flicking his LED bar on and off
>Reached over and grabbed my photon gun
>Plugged the LED spotlight in and stuck it out the window aiming into his windshield
>He turns all his lights on
>Horn, random v8 revving
>He eventually slows down and stops for a few minutes
>Blows by me in the other lane

Guess he stopped for 4x4. If I had my winter beater I probably wouldn't let him pass after the light bar incident.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>15984206
Picked up 2 of these guys for $20 and stuck them behind the grille. Can't really see them turned off but wew lad are they bright as fuck turned on.

As >>15984503 I don't use them on main roads, but I was thoroughly impressed for such a low price
>>
>>15984503
Not in the slightest.
>>
>>15984503
I had some asshole in a lifted pickup behind me the other day on a busy highway turning it on in crowded traffic and flashing it at people and shit.
>>
I mounted a pair on my dual sport and I leave them on 100% of the time. Fucking cagers try to claim they dont see bikes, I'll sear your godamned retinas.
>>
>>15985248
>cruising to work
>all of the sudden the sun pulls out front of me and incinerates my retinas
>in my blinded daze I drive over something
>it was a cyclist I couldn't see because a bright flash blinded me while I was driving
>>
Is this dumb to put on my station wagon? I commute on backroads to work everyday and wouldn't mind these if I needed em.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.